• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lost in Translation

Crystal Onix

Aether Assistant
Reaction score
We all know about Google Translate's reputation for bungling translations. Well, let's make a game of it!

Since this is the first post in this game, I'll start us off with the word "first".

Step 1: Enter the word the previous person ended with into Google Translate like so:
GoogTrans First.png

Step 2: Choose a language to translate to. I'll choose Chinese (Simplified).

Step 3: Choose any translation you want from the resulting list. I'll choose 一日.
GoogTrans List.png

Step 4: Translate back into English, so from 一日, I get Day. That means my post will look like this:

First -> 一日 -> Day

Then the next person starts with the word Day because that's what I ended with. Their ending word will be what the next person starts with, and so on.

To win > Ukuwina > Winning

It took me many tries to get something that wasn't just 'To win' over and over. You're welcome.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom