• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #15 Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?

Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?

• Yes

Votes: 78 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters
No. I was excited about that coming back when I first started playing SoulSilver, but after a while I just grew to really dislike it. I liked it so much more in Yellow, and it just isn't the same. Then again, I'm kind of a Pokémon purist.

Thought I would never say it but: "OHHH...EMMM...GEEEE!"
Are these poll results correct?!? Were you people even AROUND for Game Boys? Yellow version is more popular today then it ever was back then!!!
How could anybody want the torture of that stupid Pikachu tailing you ever again! Thunder Stone that little bastard pronto

It didn't add anything to the game. I won't complain if it never comes back.

But it was cool, and I think I'd like to see it again (especially if the messages fit better. Some, like this one, were kinda unnerving.) (Yes, I raised one)

Definitely! It was fun to see what my Pokemon was thinking. Optional? Sure. Scrap data that'll never be used again? Madness. It would certainly be another thing to do after you've beaten the game. Can't see it happening soon, though. We'll, obviously, have to wait until after BW2, unless it's indeed an optional feature.

Also, I hope Pokemon with genders will be referred to with gender pronouns. I dislike it when my game says 'Latias is confused. It hurt itself in it's confusion.'

I'd like to see it again... I was disappointed that it was not in Black / White.
However, it would be nice to have an option to disable it. Usually it was cool but there were some instances where I didn't care for it or didn't want it happening for whatever reason (usually because it took like an extra few seconds every time they would show the Pokémon being sent out or when being healed at the Pokémon Center, which got annoying).

Yes. It was a cool featur in SoulSilver, and it would be cool in BW2, but I don't mind if it is not in BW2.

For me, Walking Pokemon is the only saving grace for HGSS. D8 I'd love to see such a feature again.

Yes! I loved having a Pokemon trailing behind me. It won't disappoint me too much if this doesn't happen in B/W2 but it is a nice addition.

Sure! they were rather fun to look at, and you could get Items as well!

I liked it in HG/SS, and I would like to see it again sometime. Even if it was just an option it would be cool to see it back.

Yeah! It was a fun feature. I loved having my Pokemon follow me around. I hope they do bring it back someday!

Yes. The immense focus on Pokemon-human friendship was great and is one of the reasons why BW plots fails to make an impact on me as a player.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom