• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #3: Best Kanto Starter?

Favourite Kanto Starter?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Charmander

Votes: 40 37.0%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 34 31.5%

• Total voters

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
Welcome to the third installment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the older installments of the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott, and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: Which Kanto starter was the best? Were you buddies with the grass-type Bulbasaur; friends with the fire-type Charmander or buddies with the water-type Squirtle?

Past Polls of the Week
1) http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f226/lt-weekly-poll-1-original-151-best-119200/
2) http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f226/lt-weekly-poll-2-most-beneficial-past-new-generation-119621/

I voted Bulbasaur too. I'm not a big fan of any of the Kanto starters, but I do like the Bulbasaur line best.

Charmander, definitely. Bulbasaur would be a close runner up.

Squirtle. Blastoise can take Charizard and Venasaur any day of the year!

All three of them are great and equal in their greatness. I chose Charmander only out of my subjective opinion.

I vote for Charmander, seeing as how Charizard's the most iconic. Darn stealth rock nerfed him big time.

I have to vote for Charmander, as much as I like them all for the fact that it's a dragon like creature with the best offensive stats and speed out of the three.

I've yet to use Bulbasaur's line to it's full potential, so he's out of the question. So, between Squirtle and Charmander...

...damn you. I like them both. But, I'll give this one to Charmander, simply because A) I've used it more, and B) it's friggin' powerful when used right.

Actually, I hate all Kanto starters. They are monstrous, ugly and all of them, except Venusaur, are horrible choices in competitive battles. I think I like Bulbasaur the best out of those three.

Squirtle. I was a big water type fan back durring Gen 1, so he was my choice in almost all of my games. I really only ever used Bulbasaur once in leafgreen... Never used a charmander, except in yellow.

Mine would be Charmander,,, he's my favorite starter and I don't really care for Squirtle and Bulbasaur much... Plus Charizard as overrated as he is. Is th emost iconnic starter

certainly with playing through gen 1 I feel like you have to consider bulbasaur as the pssible best choice. He can deal super effective damage to the first 2 gym leaders as well as resists the 3 and 4 and his poison sub type technically can have him deal super effective damage to some of erika's pokemon. but I mean everyone has a favorite. I don't consider bulbasaur my favorite, heck I never picked him in my red or blue I guess its to hard for me because I love all 3 of them so picking just 1 isn't possible for me.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom