• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #32 Favourite Ranger game?

Favourite Ranger game?

• Pokémon Ranger

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • I have no favourite.

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
Hello Everynyan! Welcome to the thirty-second instalment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: Favourite Ranger Game?. An interesting trio released on the Nintendo DS that gave a new spin to Pokémon. Do you prefer the original, Shadows of Almia or Guardian Signs?

Past Polls of the Week

1) Were the original 151 the best?
2) Most beneficial new generation?
3) Best Kanto Starter?
4) Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
5) First Pokémon game?
6) Best Johto Starter?
7) How old were you when you started playing?
8) Do you still play the older generations?
9) Best Hoenn Starter?
10) Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
11) Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
12) Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
13) Most beneficial third version?
14) First handheld console?
15) Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?
16) Favourite Hoenn Gym Design?
17) Favourite Apricorn Ball?
18) Pokémon Contests - Yay or Nay?
19) Did you use the Wi-Fi Plaza?
20) Favourite Kanto Gym Leader?
21) Do you like remakes?
22) Favourite Stat Trainer?
23) Favourite Johto Gym Leader?
24) Would you like to see older games on the 3DS Virtual Console?
25) Will Platinum be the last third version?
26) Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?
27) Whitney's Miltank - Was it a problem for you?
28) Do you play originals or remakes?
29) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
30) Did you use the TMs?
31) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Design?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

I like the story in Shadows of Almnia the most. The features in Guardian Signs surpass it. But my vote goes to Shadows of Almnia.

Shadows of Almia has a better plot, and I'd love to play it again. As for Guardian Signs... I wouldn't really play it twice XDD Ukulele Pichu had been the most useful helper ever, but only that.

Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. The circling system was way too frustrating in the original, but it was much improved in the sequel. Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs was a lot of fun as well, but the main adventure was too easy, and while the multiplayer missions could've been a decent challenge, they're much too difficult for a lone player.

But I like all of them

I went with Shadows of Almia, Good plot, nice designs and a lot of other good stuff. and Ice

Never played any of the ranger games. They sound cool, but I never got around to buying them.

Shadows of Almia was my favorite because it had the best improvement in featuresover the first and a cool story. Guardian Signs was a close second, and that little Pichu was cute :)

I have only played the first and Guardian Signs. Out of the two, GS is better by a large margin.

My favorite and also overall favorite of all Pokemon games is Shadows of Almia. The plot, the excitement, I just can't get enough of it. I literally play this game every 3-4 months.

I think I like the first one the best. While it was made more convenient in the other two games, I just think I prefer the old fashioned way of capturing using a certain number of loops. I also really liked the story in that one and how we basically, started from the bottom now we're here and worked our way up to Top Ranger. Those 4 Challenges were the most badass thing to me when I first played that game. And I loved the Go-Rock Quads, especially Tiffany. Plus, I like to ship Solana and Lunick~

Guardian Signs. The rideable Pokemon and the flight/underwater sections make this game stand out much more than the other two Ranger games.

Shadows of Almia by far i loooooooooooved that game great plot good capture system Darkrai oh my arceus it was good haha

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom