• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #33 Favourite Mystery Dungeon game?

Favourite Mystery Dungeon?

• Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Explorers of Time/Darkness

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Explorers of Sky

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Let's Go! Blazing/Stormy/Light Adventure Squad!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None. Not really into PMD.

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
Hello Everynyan! Welcome to the thirty-second instalment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: Favourite Mystery Dungeon Game?. A short series of DS games that has received a particularly strong fanbase intrigued by the concepts shown in the games. Which one is your favourite?

Past Polls of the Week

1) Were the original 151 the best?
2) Most beneficial new generation?
3) Best Kanto Starter?
4) Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
5) First Pokémon game?
6) Best Johto Starter?
7) How old were you when you started playing?
8) Do you still play the older generations?
9) Best Hoenn Starter?
10) Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
11) Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
12) Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
13) Most beneficial third version?
14) First handheld console?
15) Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?
16) Favourite Hoenn Gym Design?
17) Favourite Apricorn Ball?
18) Pokémon Contests - Yay or Nay?
19) Did you use the Wi-Fi Plaza?
20) Favourite Kanto Gym Leader?
21) Do you like remakes?
22) Favourite Stat Trainer?
23) Favourite Johto Gym Leader?
24) Would you like to see older games on the 3DS Virtual Console?
25) Will Platinum be the last third version?
26) Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?
27) Whitney's Miltank - Was it a problem for you?
28) Do you play originals or remakes?
29) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
30) Did you use the TMs?
31) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Design?
32) Favourite Ranger game?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

Red/Blue rescue team was my fav. While the Explorers series had more detailed graphics and in-game features, I disliked the fact that you had to evolve AFTER you've finished the post-game storyline. In the Rescue series, you could evolve in the early post-game, so you didn't have to suffer from poor starter stats. That was one big drawback in the Explorers series. Everything else was good - I liked the Wynaut lottery-ish thingy, too.

But I had too much trouble without being able to evolve... Darkrai killed my Charmander and Riolu too many times to count.

Like with the last pole, I've never played these games before.

I liked PMD Red and Blue. While the guild was nice, I found they were more hinderance than help. And getting the huge rewards, then only getting 1/10 of it, despite doing all the work. Not nearly as fun as just getting payed small amounts, but getting it all. Hope the next one (if they make it) goes closer to the Rescue than Explorers.

-Me!

Rescue because I LOVED the outlaw segment.

You really were just getting lost in the world. There are points in Explorers where you make some travels across different dungeons... but it never has you going far away by yourself like that.

That said, Explorers is the better game in all senses. The story is beautiful.

... it's just that Rescue Team hit me more personally.

I never played Rescue, so Explorers of Sky would be my fave. Hello, you can play as a Riolu, my favorite baby Pokemon! <3 The story is also very well done, and the guild was one of my favorite things about the game. I felt like I was part of a family, it was awesome.

Explorers of Sky, it has to have the saddest plot of any Pokemon game.

Explorers of Sky. It has all the features and the amazing story of Explorers of Darkness/Time, along with many new additions to richen the experience. I love the special episodes, especially the last one since it revealed
that the Pokemon of the future survived.

Explorers of Time was great. I didn't bother finishing Red Rescue Team.

Well, you better get Blue and finish that, then...

"Take charge of your destiny!" ;)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness/Time I really liked the storyline compared to the rescue teams, Even though I only finished one rescue team and one Explorers game (of the two) lol.

Red/Blue, maybe because Red Rescue Team was my first MD game, but none of the game of the saga hooked me up that much.

I liked the whole Explorers series. Those games showed my young past self what a great video game story was, the concept of the "plot twist", and what an amazing world looked like (I always get this strange, wonderful feeling whenever it does those 2-screen scenery views). I guess I like Sky better because it added onto what was already great about the game. Oh yeah. And the Sky Jukebox. Those games' music was (and still is) the thing that always got me, so being able to listen to it all again was something I'd always wanted.

Yeah. The Mystery Dungeon series is probably my favorite out of all Pokemon games.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom