• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #34 Headbutt or Honey Trees?

Headbutt or Honey Trees?

• Headbutt!

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • Honey!

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Neither. Plain old grass for me.

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
Hello Everynyan! Welcome to the thirty-fourth instalment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: Headbutt or Honey Trees?. In Johto and Sinnoh we were given two alternative methods to find wild Pokémon - either by headbutting a tree (Johto) or lathering honey on it (Sinnoh). Which method was your favourite?

Past Polls of the Week

1) Were the original 151 the best?
2) Most beneficial new generation?
3) Best Kanto Starter?
4) Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
5) First Pokémon game?
6) Best Johto Starter?
7) How old were you when you started playing?
8) Do you still play the older generations?
9) Best Hoenn Starter?
10) Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
11) Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
12) Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
13) Most beneficial third version?
14) First handheld console?
15) Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?
16) Favourite Hoenn Gym Design?
17) Favourite Apricorn Ball?
18) Pokémon Contests - Yay or Nay?
19) Did you use the Wi-Fi Plaza?
20) Favourite Kanto Gym Leader?
21) Do you like remakes?
22) Favourite Stat Trainer?
23) Favourite Johto Gym Leader?
24) Would you like to see older games on the 3DS Virtual Console?
25) Will Platinum be the last third version?
26) Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?
27) Whitney's Miltank - Was it a problem for you?
28) Do you play originals or remakes?
29) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
30) Did you use the TMs?
31) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Design?
32) Favourite Ranger game?
33) Favourite Mystery Dungeon Game?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: LT Weekly Poll #33 Headbutt or Honey Trees?

Headbutting trees. Much quicker and less hassle, the honey method was far too slow and cumbersome for my liking. Thank goodness I already caught Snorlax in Gen III.

Honey is a rather bothersome method for something that required already a conscious effort.

Besides, I enjoy pokémon using their abilities for practical reasons, so the idea of just telling a pokémon to headbutt a tree because you can is neat, even if unpractical in the end.

Headbutt is a lot quicker to find Pokemon in trees.

Headbutt is quicker and easier. Far too many times, I would spread honey on a tree and remember it far too late. Plus, I just like the move Headbutt in general.

Honey trees because they sound cool and I just like them better.

Headbutt. Honey trees were okay, but it was to tedious for me.

Headbutt. The one time I remembered I had smothered honey on a tree I found a male Combee. :/

Headbutt because I can find pokemons the moment I use headbutt on it. Honey Trees, on the other hand, require the players to return after a certain amount of time. In my case, I wasted several honeys because I hadn't been able to play my games after slathering them, or simply forgot.

I think the honey trees are a terrible mechanic, and I always liked using Headbutt to find Pokemon. So, Headbutt. :3

I wasn't a huge fan of either, but if I were to choose it'd have to be Headbutt. Honey trees were both restrictive in their time (I often forgot that I had lathered honey) and Pokemon (I'm looking at you, Munchlax).

Well, that's the second time in a row that I voted an option on a poll that nobody else chose. :D

Anyway, I didn't really like either. Too much hassle, trying to find the right Pokemon on the right tree, etc, etc, but I do think Headbutt is more convenient and easier.

I rarely ever used either of these features, so I vote for Grass encounters. I guess I just didn't ever see the use of it and never took the opportunity.

I never used the move Headbutt even once. oAo I liked the honey-tree mechanic, it felt like something a trainer would do. Lure a Pokemon with honey and catching it, it felt better than slamming some poor Pokemon out of his tree.

I voted for grass, but if I had to choose, I would say Headbutt, because it's much quicker and I always forget that I've put honey on a tree!

Voted for just grass encounters as well. Though I agree that encounters via headbutting trees or slathering them with Honey yields fairly good/rare Pokemon, they're just too much of a hassle for me. Only did them until I got some of the monsters I needed from them (I just traded for the rest), and never bothered with them since.

Plain old grass, please. I couldn't stand the tree methods. You had to check back every day for Honey Trees. Headbutting trees was fun until I tried to search for a Pineco. I Headbutted about 20 trees, then a Pineco appeared and promptly blew up in my face.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom