• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #34 Headbutt or Honey Trees?

Headbutt or Honey Trees?

• Headbutt!

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • Honey!

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Neither. Plain old grass for me.

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters
Re: LT Weekly Poll #33 Headbutt or Honey Trees?

Between Honey Tress and Headbutt, I would go with the second.
But since I don't like playing the Johto games, headbutting trees is impossible to me.

The Honey Tree thing can be troublesome at times.

Anyway, I voted on "Neither. Plain old grass for me." <3

Honey was annoying as heck. I'd rather headbutt the tree.
(never found a Munchlax)

Headbutting by far. I never got the hang of honey trees, and as such, hated them with a passion.
...fuckin Munchlax.

Headbutt is quicker and you don't have to keep track of time. If I remember right, you have to be at a certain time at the tree if you use honey, or you will miss the Pokemon. Headbutt requires you to have a certain Pokemon with you, that knows the attack, which may take unnecessary space in the party, but I prefer Headbutt all the same.

Headbutt. Headbutt trees where everywhere, had no time restriction or wait like Honey Trees and didn't suck up money by forcing you to buy Honey.

I like both a lot. But if I had to choose, I couldn't. I liked the hidden grottos as well, albeit not as much as the other 2. I just wish that I could mess around with trees in x&y outside of the berry garden :/

A lot of people seem to dislike honey trees because of their own forgetfulness. Blame yourselves, don't blame the trees. Trees are nice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I say Headbutt, since you don't have to wait to encounter Pokemon, and there are much more Headbutt trees in HG/SS than Honey ones in D/P/Pt.

Headbutt, hands down. The move is virtually a disc one nuke at the time its obtained, a lot of Mons can learn it, and it provided instant results. Finding the right tree could be tricky, but very much doable and once you did find it, the results were good. While I never forgot about when/where I placed my honey, the most I ever got out of it was Heracross (which you can get in a second via Headbutt), and I didn't like waiting nearly half a day just to find out I (most likely) roped in a Wurmple. So, out of the two options, Headbutt is my choice for tree Mon hunting.

I hate lathering honey on trees. Mostly because I always forget to check back later, so by the time that I do remember to check, I'd have to reapply honey again which is just wasting my time. u.u Yes, I do realize this is kind of a me problem, but still.

Headbutt pls.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom