• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #35 Were you addicted to the Sinnoh Underground?

Were you addicted to the Sinnoh Underground?

• So obsessed with digging that I'm now sunshine-intolerant!

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • It was fun, but I wouldn't say obsessed.

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Nah, I passed on the Underground. Why bother digging up what I can just trade for?

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

yourlilemogirl

Welcome to the New Age...
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Welcome to the thirty-fifth installment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: Were you addicted to the Sinnoh Underground?. In Sinnoh we were given the ability to trek under ground and partake in various activities such as digging up evolution stones, spheres, rare fossils, and items. As well as activate the ability to summon Spiritomb at Hallowed Tower if you talk to 32 people. So, were you obsessed with spelunking or would you rather take in the fresh air above ground?

Past Polls of the Week

1) Were the original 151 the best?
2) Most beneficial new generation?
3) Best Kanto Starter?
4) Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
5) First Pokémon game?
6) Best Johto Starter?
7) How old were you when you started playing?
8) Do you still play the older generations?
9) Best Hoenn Starter?
10) Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
11) Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
12) Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
13) Most beneficial third version?
14) First handheld console?
15) Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?
16) Favourite Hoenn Gym Design?
17) Favourite Apricorn Ball?
18) Pokémon Contests - Yay or Nay?
19) Did you use the Wi-Fi Plaza?
20) Favourite Kanto Gym Leader?
21) Do you like remakes?
22) Favourite Stat Trainer?
23) Favourite Johto Gym Leader?
24) Would you like to see older games on the 3DS Virtual Console?
25) Will Platinum be the last third version?
26) Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?
27) Whitney's Miltank - Was it a problem for you?
28) Do you play originals or remakes?
29) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
30) Did you use the TMs?
31) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Design?
32) Favourite Ranger game?
33) Favourite Mystery Dungeon Game?
34) Headbutt or Honey Trees?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

Last edited:
I found it fun, but once I got the fossils, I just forgot about it really. I never really used the secret bases part either, except for catching a Spiritomb.

I never really had many people to enjoy the multiplayer aspects on the underground with, so my experience there was mainly limited to digging. It was quite fun sometimes and a pretty reliable source of some items but it got annoying when your bag just filled up with pointless spheres. :p

It was fun, but after using it for a bit, I got bored and forgot about it. but it was fun.

It was strangely addicting. I think it was one of my favorite things about Gen IV.

Ugh, nobody ever played around in the Underground with me, so I found it to be horribly boring most of the time and a thrilling exercise of loneliness at all others.
I did dig around extensively for good Props and fossils however; I even assembled a pretty rockin' Secret Base (that nobody ever saw boo hoo)

It was addicting. Extremely addicting. So addicting that if I had a weekend day off, my husband and I would spend hours down there, digging for whatever we could find. I forget how many times we went after each other's flag or had to help the other pick out a buried treasure...ah, good times. :XD:

I have not even been much into Sinnoh period. I have hardly touched it since completing my first game of it, Pearl and the only reason I dug so much in it(at a certain point) was for a thunderstone to make a Riachu. Although I am once again back into it a bit with my Platinum.

It was pretty fun. The rarity of the items there was just about right; you wouldn't always immediately find what you were looking for, but it was still very satisfying once you did, plus you would probably get loads of others useful items along the way. It certainly beats the frustrating dust cloud method and one hour dream world trips from Black & White.

I loved it, but I wouldn't call myself addicted. Twas fun digging dem Heart Scales ^^

Oh, was I ever?
Especially in the beginning when one is somewhat strapped for cash, and Revives and (in platinum) shards are always useful.
I actually did assemble a complete plate collection once, too.

I, myself, was so addicted that i now have over 100 of each evo stone (among other things), so many in fact that i have no doubt i could evolve every eevee, pikachu, vulpix, etc. in all of Sinnoh! It was such a shame i couldn't forward any of those items though into B/W :c

I was very, very addicted. I have upwards of 20 of each type of stone in that game. I have spent many, many hours down there. It was a lot of fun. Kind of miss it, tbh.

I was practically OBSESSED. I would bury, like, 99 spheres in a certain area, then return to find all sorts of rare fossils and plates and heart scales and the like XDD Digging was so much fun!! I once dug up, like, 25 Skull Fossils during one of my visits to the underground XDDDDDDDDD that equals 25 Cranidos - YAY

Yeah, I had a lot fun playing it together with my sisters, and it was also nice never having a shortage of evolution stones. It'd be cool if they brought this feature back in future games.

I liked it, but I wouldn't say that I spent much time down there. Things might have been different if I had someone else to do wireless with.

When I played DPPt a lot, I spent a whole lot of time in the Underground per day. After awhile I was having so little luck with what I was looking for and stopped looking altogether.

I loved it especially the secret bases. Those boulders were a bother since I didn't play with anyone, so I couldn't rank up my base.
I loved the dolls though.
I used to have such an excess amount of Skull Fossils that I would resurrect them and release them into the wild.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom