• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #37 Did you participate in the Pokéathlon?

Did you participate in the Pokéathlon?

• I was a Pokéathletic god!

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Tried it once or twice, never bothered again.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I wasn't amazing at it, but I loved to participate in the games to take my mind off of stuff.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • The Poké-whatnow?

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

yourlilemogirl

Welcome to the New Age...
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Welcome to the thirty-seventh installment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: Did you participate in the Pokéathlon?. In Johto we were given the ability to train our pokémon in a completely new way, athletic training! In the Pokéathlon you could pit special customized teams of your most athletically capable pokémon against other NPC teams, and sometimes, even against old familiar faces. As a reward you could win medals and save up your winnings to buy special prizes that were otherwise very hard to obtain without trading. So were you a regular Pokéathlete?

Past Polls of the Week

1) Were the original 151 the best?
2) Most beneficial new generation?
3) Best Kanto Starter?
4) Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
5) First Pokémon game?
6) Best Johto Starter?
7) How old were you when you started playing?
8) Do you still play the older generations?
9) Best Hoenn Starter?
10) Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
11) Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
12) Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
13) Most beneficial third version?
14) First handheld console?
15) Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?
16) Favourite Hoenn Gym Design?
17) Favourite Apricorn Ball?
18) Pokémon Contests - Yay or Nay?
19) Did you use the Wi-Fi Plaza?
20) Favourite Kanto Gym Leader?
21) Do you like remakes?
22) Favourite Stat Trainer?
23) Favourite Johto Gym Leader?
24) Would you like to see older games on the 3DS Virtual Console?
25) Will Platinum be the last third version?
26) Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?
27) Whitney's Miltank - Was it a problem for you?
28) Do you play originals or remakes?
29) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
30) Did you use the TMs?
31) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Design?
32) Favourite Ranger game?
33) Favourite Mystery Dungeon Game?
34) Headbutt or Honey Trees?
35) Were you addicted to the Sinnoh Underground?
36) Do you prefer breakable TMs?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

All the time! I loved it. I always ended up getting the trainer card star all of the time without noticing too.

"Tried it once or twice, never bothered again."

I do not enjoy these gimmicks like Pokéathlon, Contests and Musicals.
I prefer to spend my time battling.

(But I guess I'll try the Pokéwood...)

Last edited:
I played it a lot. Mainly because after the main game was done, and Red was beat, It was always some thing I could do.

I loved it. I still play it!

BTW, can anyone top THIS record?

Relay Run, 17.3 Laps

I loved it, easily my favourite side-quest in the series so far. I always wanted to see how the Pokemon would fare in athletic events, so this was just the ticket.

To be honest I'm not at all interested in athletics, or sports, so I was disappointed with the Pokeathlon. I tried it a few times to see if it was any fun, but I found it to be somewhat tedious, when comparing to Pokemon contests.

It was much better than contests, and you could buy useful stuff such as evolution stones from the points you're given.

Yeah, I got rather good at some events (lol Snow Throw, Relay Run and Ring Drop), and unlike contests, they actually gave me an incentive to play.

That said, that damn record in Pennant Capture was just annoying. I don't think I ever got the 50 flags needed, and getting many pokémon with all the medals was quite some work.

Relay Run, 17.3 Laps

I do believe I have topped that, though I have long since deleted my save where I played much pokéathlon.

I definitely liked it a lot more than contests or musicals, it was a lot of fun to play with other people too.

That last room with the three statues is the final achievement, right? I got it.

Yeah, it was a good way to get some stuff and it was much more fun than the contests or musicals.

I loved it. Not only did it provide a way to earn a lot of items I used when needing to carefully train my team but it was also a lot of fun.

I loved the Pokéathlon. I got to the last room, as well as getting all the statistics cards you could buy. Athlete points also provided a fun alternative for getting rare items.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom