• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #40 Did you participate in Contests?

Did you participate in Contests?

• Yes, in both regions!

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Yes, but only in Hoenn.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Yes, but only in Sinnoh.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No, it wasn't really my thing.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Oswin

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Welcome to the fortieth installment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll:

Did you participate in Contests?
Game Freak have given us two Constest side quests, in Hoenn and in Sinnoh. Did you ever compete, or did you jsut steer clear?
Past Polls of the Week

1) Were the original 151 the best?
2) Most beneficial new generation?
3) Best Kanto Starter?
4) Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
5) First Pokémon game?
6) Best Johto Starter?
7) How old were you when you started playing?
8) Do you still play the older generations?
9) Best Hoenn Starter?
10) Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
11) Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
12) Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
13) Most beneficial third version?
14) First handheld console?
15) Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?
16) Favourite Hoenn Gym Design?
17) Favourite Apricorn Ball?
18) Pokémon Contests - Yay or Nay?
19) Did you use the Wi-Fi Plaza?
20) Favourite Kanto Gym Leader?
21) Do you like remakes?
22) Favourite Stat Trainer?
23) Favourite Johto Gym Leader?
24) Would you like to see older games on the 3DS Virtual Console?
25) Will Platinum be the last third version?
26) Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?
27) Whitney's Miltank - Was it a problem for you?
28) Do you play originals or remakes?
29) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
30) Did you use the TMs?
31) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Design?
32) Favourite Ranger game?
33) Favourite Mystery Dungeon Game?
34) Headbutt or Honey Trees?
35) Were you addicted to the Sinnoh Underground?
36) Do you prefer breakable TMs?
37) Did you participate in the Pokéathlon?
38) Favourite Eeveelution?
39) Did you prefer Gen III's Battle Frontier facilities or Gen IV's?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

Only in Hoenn. My Anorith and I were pros with the Mud Sport + Water Gun combo (iirc) :3

Once we got to Sinnoh the magic had worn off and Anorith decided to retire.

Yes, in both Hoenn and Sinnoh, but only to get the trainer star. The Sinnoh Contests were much better balanced and less frustrating than the Hoenn contests, but since you only had to beat the Master Class in one category to get the star, I actually participated in them far less.

Both when I had nothing to do in the post-game. I once got through the Master Rank in Hoenn and even had a picture of my Castform in the Lilycove Museum XDD

I wish Wallace/Juan had participated in the contests, though. If not, then at least as judges.

A little in Hoenn. My Blaziken and Milotic both had Master rank Beauty ribbons :3

Of course! There was quite a lot of had to be fun with contests in both regions. It's definitely been the most fleshed out Pokemon sidequest yet.

Surprisingly, I thought they were interesting. Got ribbons on quite a few of my Pokemon.

I'd take Contests over Musicals any day.

I tried a contest a few times in Hoenn and hated it, really. They were just boring and confusing to me.

The Pokémon Musical isn't any better, really... but I do like that you can dress up your Pokémon.

Pokémon Dress-Up DS is actually a game I could totally get behind. Get on it, Nintendo!

I participated in Hoenn contests with my trusty Salamence because I thought it was cool. In D/P I lost interest though... and the new system wasn't really that great in my opinion.

I pretty much only used it to evolve Feebas into Milotic, but it was a fun system in both RSE and DPPt, none the less.

I did try them, but they didn't really appeal to my tastes.

I did contests in Hoenn and Sinnoh, but only stuck to doing Hoenn after awhile. The Hoenn ones were so much fun and felt a lot more move-strategic.

Both regions. I hated the NPC competitors because once they won once, they always came back again.
The most memorable ones were DOTS the Seedot, that Slakoth, Aron, and more that I can't think of now.
They honestly should had a tie kind of thing especially when so close to winning and in regular battles. Barry fainted first, but I lost.
Generation IV was more challenging in contests than Generation III.
I think, in my Pokemon Ruby, I'm still trying to complete the portrait thing in the Lilycove Museum.

I did in both regions because it was kind of like a whole new competitive space! I really hope they bring them back.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom