• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #41 Pokegear, Pokenav or Poketch?

Pokegear, Pokenav or Poketch?

• Pokegear!

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Pokenav!

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Poketch!

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Welcome to the forty-first installment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll:

Pokegear, Pokenav or Poketch?
Each game from Gen II onwards have introduced a type of device that offers numerous features. Gen II had the Pokegear (aswell as in Gen IV HGSS), Gen III had the Pokenav and Gen IV had Poketch. But which did you like best? Which offered the better and most helpful features?

Past Polls of the Week

1) Were the original 151 the best?
2) Most beneficial new generation?
3) Best Kanto Starter?
4) Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
5) First Pokémon game?
6) Best Johto Starter?
7) How old were you when you started playing?
8) Do you still play the older generations?
9) Best Hoenn Starter?
10) Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
11) Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
12) Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
13) Most beneficial third version?
14) First handheld console?
15) Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?
16) Favourite Hoenn Gym Design?
17) Favourite Apricorn Ball?
18) Pokémon Contests - Yay or Nay?
19) Did you use the Wi-Fi Plaza?
20) Favourite Kanto Gym Leader?
21) Do you like remakes?
22) Favourite Stat Trainer?
23) Favourite Johto Gym Leader?
24) Would you like to see older games on the 3DS Virtual Console?
25) Will Platinum be the last third version?
26) Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?
27) Whitney's Miltank - Was it a problem for you?
28) Do you play originals or remakes?
29) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
30) Did you use the TMs?
31) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Design?
32) Favourite Ranger game?
33) Favourite Mystery Dungeon Game?
34) Headbutt or Honey Trees?
35) Were you addicted to the Sinnoh Underground?
36) Do you prefer breakable TMs?
37) Did you participate in the Pokéathlon?
38) Favourite Eeveelution?
39) Did you prefer Gen III's Battle Frontier facilities or Gen IV's?
40) [URL="http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f226/lt-weekly-poll-40-did-you-participate-contests-135939/"]Did your participate in Contests?

[/URL]

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

Poketch is my favourite. It was fun to receive so many different and useful features throughout the game, and the Game & Watch style visuals gave it a lot of charm.

Pokegear, but the gen I version. I am a sucker for watches, old, new, big, small, analog, and digital. I think that is why I love digivices too, but that is for another thread ;).

I don't know...

Pokégear had the map, calls, time, and radio features. Calls were useful for rematches, time...for time, and radio features were quite cool. GSC were good with this, and so were HGSS.

Pokénav had contest stuff, map, and Match Call/Trainer's Eyes. Match Call/Trainer's Eyes were the rematch source of RSE, and were quite cool. Zoomed in Hoenn map was cool, too.

But my personal favorite was the Pokétch. It was in the bottom screen, making it easy to see, and there was apps to add, like the Friendship and roaming app. The roaming app was useful when there was a roaming Pokémon, like Mesprit or Zapdos.

So, to me: Pokénav < Pokégear < Pokétch.

Last edited:
The Poketch was definitely the best one for me. It had so many different neat apps, as well as useful ones like the Roaming App and the Happiness App. I disliked the PokeGear, mostly because phone rematches is one of the stupidest things in existence. PokeGear was okay, the contest stats were perfect for a Coordinator like me, but it was blah like the PokeGear because of phone rematches.

I like the Pokétch because its apps were very helpful, especially the apps related to breeding and Happiness.

Pokegear, simply because it's amusing to listen to Marys stupid comments about pokemon on Oak's talk show.

Pokegear, it didn't take up the bottom screen in Gen 4.

So hard to decide... I wish for a device that could be used as all three XD
I would say pokegear because of the radio and phone calls... But I still want the other two!

I found the Pokégear's combination of radio, map and phone quite useful, but the fact that the Pokétch offers so much more and is permanently on the touch screen makes it win by a large margin.

1)Pokétch
2)Pokégear
3)Pokénav

I really liked the Pokégears radio and phone functions, but it's well beaten by the Pokétch. Just collecting the various apps was great fun, the dowsing machine was fantastic and the friend checker... Well, that was just truly awesome!
I kinda miss it...

Poketch, a good number of apps were very helpful, especially the Day-Care checker and Dowsing Machine.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom