1. Interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff? See details here.
  2. Updated #2: The forums are going to be down Tomorrow (23rd of January) in the morning (JST) for maintenance as we upgrade the software to XenForo 2. Particularly of note is that blogs are going to be removed for the time being, but we are getting a lot of new features with the upgrade.

For more details, see this thread.

LT Weekly Poll #42 Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Zeb, Jul 23, 2012.

Voter count: 40
?

Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?

1. Yes! I was lucky!

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. No! I was... unlucky!

33 vote(s)
    82.5%
  1. G50

G50 Night Owl Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Blog Posts:
    After a lot of honey trees with honey on them and no luck finding Munchlax, I ended up just breeding Snorlax in the end.

2. Paleo

Paleo We are but men

Blog Posts:
    Yes, in the tree north of Oreburgh City. I didn't even know Munchlax could be in a honey tree until then.

3. Camille

Camille Call of Fate

Blog Posts:
    I only managed to find one in Platinum, in the Honey tree located in the shortcut around Eterna Forest.

4. Blazing Charmander

Blazing Charmander The Stray Veteran Pokemon

Blog Posts:
    I managed to finally find one on Diamond about... 3 years ago, I think, on the route north-east of Solaceon Town before reaching Veilstone City. Up to then, I thought that I would be within the doomed majority to never, ever find one in the Gen 4 games! Munchlax was also assigned to me as a Scramble Challenge team member on one of my earlier playthroughs, but due to how elusive they are, I ended up seeing out the game with 5 team members.

It's incredible just how rare Game Freak made this fella to encounter, considering that he was the poster boy of Gen 4 for a while until Lucario stole his thunder. Before HGSS arrived, you had to either Pal Park a Snorlax from Gen 3 and breed it, or bank on the 1% chance of finding one on a Honey Tree.

5. CynthiaLover

CynthiaLover Geek of the Games

Blog Posts:
    Nope, nada, zip, not even a nibble. The rarest Mon I've found via honey trees is Heracross, but other than that, I've had zilch luck in any and all attempts to find Munchlax. So I just bred a Snorlax in the end.

6. prog rocker

prog rocker Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Never. For a long time I thought Serebii mis-typed something in the Pokédex section.

7. Pyrax

Pyrax Perfect Mayhem

Blog Posts:
    The whole Munchlax honey tree thing was too convuluted for my 12 year old self, so I just sent over my Snorlax from LeafGreen and bred that.

8. Bluemew1512

Bluemew1512 The coolest Mew around!

Blog Posts:
    Never seen a munchlax up those honey trees in my life! Didn’t even know you could get munchlax ( and at that rate too!) until recently as I thought the whole honey tree thing was a tad convoluted as a child.

9. PinkIceFox

PinkIceFox PinkIceTales!

Blog Posts:
    I've only played Sinnoh games within the past 3 or 4 years, and all the attempts I've made in them have failed to see a Munchlax. The luckiest I've been when I actually came back to find a tree shaking was in my Nuzlocke where I got a female Combee.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.