• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

LT Weekly Poll #42 Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?

Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?

• Yes! I was lucky!

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No! I was... unlucky!

Votes: 33 82.5%

• Total voters

G50

Night Owl
Reaction score
After a lot of honey trees with honey on them and no luck finding Munchlax, I ended up just breeding Snorlax in the end.

Paleo

We are but men
Reaction score
Yes, in the tree north of Oreburgh City. I didn't even know Munchlax could be in a honey tree until then.

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
I only managed to find one in Platinum, in the Honey tree located in the shortcut around Eterna Forest.

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Veteran Pokemon
Reaction score
I managed to finally find one on Diamond about... 3 years ago, I think, on the route north-east of Solaceon Town before reaching Veilstone City. Up to then, I thought that I would be within the doomed majority to never, ever find one in the Gen 4 games! Munchlax was also assigned to me as a Scramble Challenge team member on one of my earlier playthroughs, but due to how elusive they are, I ended up seeing out the game with 5 team members.

It's incredible just how rare Game Freak made this fella to encounter, considering that he was the poster boy of Gen 4 for a while until Lucario stole his thunder. Before HGSS arrived, you had to either Pal Park a Snorlax from Gen 3 and breed it, or bank on the 1% chance of finding one on a Honey Tree.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Nope, nada, zip, not even a nibble. The rarest Mon I've found via honey trees is Heracross, but other than that, I've had zilch luck in any and all attempts to find Munchlax. So I just bred a Snorlax in the end.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Never. For a long time I thought Serebii mis-typed something in the Pokédex section.

Pyrax

Outlaw for Life
Reaction score
The whole Munchlax honey tree thing was too convuluted for my 12 year old self, so I just sent over my Snorlax from LeafGreen and bred that.

Bluemew1512

The coolest Mew around!
Reaction score
Never seen a munchlax up those honey trees in my life! Didn’t even know you could get munchlax ( and at that rate too!) until recently as I thought the whole honey tree thing was a tad convoluted as a child.

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
I've only played Sinnoh games within the past 3 or 4 years, and all the attempts I've made in them have failed to see a Munchlax. The luckiest I've been when I actually came back to find a tree shaking was in my Nuzlocke where I got a female Combee.