• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #42 Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?

Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?

• Yes! I was lucky!

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No! I was... unlucky!

Votes: 33 82.5%

• Total voters

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Welcome to the forty-second installment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll:

Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?
Notoriously rare, Munchlax only has a 1% chance of being found on a honey tree, and given the awkward method of the trees, that made them ever harder to find. So were you lucky enough? Let us know!

Past Polls of the Week

01) Were the original 151 the best?
02) Most beneficial new generation?
03) Best Kanto Starter?
04) Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
05) First Pokémon game?
06) Best Johto Starter?
07) How old were you when you started playing?
08) Do you still play the older generations?
09) Best Hoenn Starter?
10) Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
11) Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
12) Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
13) Most beneficial third version?
14) First handheld console?
15) Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?
16) Favourite Hoenn Gym Design?
17) Favourite Apricorn Ball?
18) Pokémon Contests - Yay or Nay?
19) Did you use the Wi-Fi Plaza?
20) Favourite Kanto Gym Leader?
21) Do you like remakes?
22) Favourite Stat Trainer?
23) Favourite Johto Gym Leader?
24) Would you like to see older games on the 3DS Virtual Console?
25) Will Platinum be the last third version?
26) Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?
27) Whitney's Miltank - Was it a problem for you?
28) Do you play originals or remakes?
29) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
30) Did you use the TMs?
31) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Design?
32) Favourite Ranger game?
33) Favourite Mystery Dungeon Game?
34) Headbutt or Honey Trees?
35) Were you addicted to the Sinnoh Underground?
36) Do you prefer breakable TMs?
37) Did you participate in the Pokéathlon?
38) Favourite Eeveelution?
39) Did you prefer Gen III's Battle Frontier facilities or Gen IV's?
40) Did your participate in Contests?
41) Pokegear, Pokenav or Poketch?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, being the only pokemon on the game yet still to catch without trading or sending from a gen III game, I am still trying hard.

After months of searching, yes! :) Easily my proudest moment playing Diamond and Pearl so far.

I never really cared about honey trees, so no.

But it may be yes if you are lucky enough to find one in the near future...which is the reason why I will not vote.

Nope. Haven't got enough patience, either - if I wanted a Munchlax, I'd just breed a Snorlax.

Never, though I only really ever used honey trees to get stuff like Burmy and Combee; with such low odds, I didn't want to even attempt getting a Munchlax. I do wonder how the rival had the patience to put up with the process, considering what he's normally like.

I never encountered a Munchlax on a Honey Tree, because I have no idea how the mechanics for it work.

I did a couple of times. The second time I reset until I could get a Brave one. (When the tree's a-shakin', make sure you save before the encounter!) But I was more inclined to get a Combee.

Finding one would imply that I actually use the Honey Trees, which I don't.

I barely had the patience to catch all of the regular Pokemon available on the trees, so I certainly wasn't going to waste my time hoping for the extremely slim chance of meeting a Munchlax.

I often would forget about the Honey Tree after the allotted time, which became incredibly annoying. But I did find Munchlax ONCE. And I caught it. Proud moment. But only the once. :(

Never. One of my Scramble Challenges on Diamond actually required me to catch one, so I spent many hours slathering honey trees on a daily basis while putting off the main game. Alas, my search ended without any of these gluttons appearing and I resigned myself to accepting that I would have to enter the Hall of Fame with only 5 out of my 6 Scramble Pokemon. To this day I have only owned Munchlax through breeding my Snorlax on SoulSilver, and I plan to one day try and get the Selfdestruct Munchlax from the Pokewalker event course that I downloaded some time ago.

Ya I found it the first time I ever used a honey tree! Once I looked at bulbapedia and look at the slim chances and I was ecstatic lol.

no not at all spent a month on it though and got fed up with it and went to the gts and found a french one

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom