• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #42 Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?

Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?

• Yes! I was lucky!

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No! I was... unlucky!

Votes: 33 82.5%

• Total voters
Yes, in the tree north of Oreburgh City. I didn't even know Munchlax could be in a honey tree until then.

I only managed to find one in Platinum, in the Honey tree located in the shortcut around Eterna Forest.

I managed to finally find one on Diamond about... 3 years ago, I think, on the route north-east of Solaceon Town before reaching Veilstone City. Up to then, I thought that I would be within the doomed majority to never, ever find one in the Gen 4 games! Munchlax was also assigned to me as a Scramble Challenge team member on one of my earlier playthroughs, but due to how elusive they are, I ended up seeing out the game with 5 team members.

It's incredible just how rare Game Freak made this fella to encounter, considering that he was the poster boy of Gen 4 for a while until Lucario stole his thunder. Before HGSS arrived, you had to either Pal Park a Snorlax from Gen 3 and breed it, or bank on the 1% chance of finding one on a Honey Tree.

Nope, nada, zip, not even a nibble. The rarest Mon I've found via honey trees is Heracross, but other than that, I've had zilch luck in any and all attempts to find Munchlax. So I just bred a Snorlax in the end.

Never seen a munchlax up those honey trees in my life! Didn’t even know you could get munchlax ( and at that rate too!) until recently as I thought the whole honey tree thing was a tad convoluted as a child.

I've only played Sinnoh games within the past 3 or 4 years, and all the attempts I've made in them have failed to see a Munchlax. The luckiest I've been when I actually came back to find a tree shaking was in my Nuzlocke where I got a female Combee.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom