• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #46 Did you like/use the radio feature in G/S/C/HG/SS?

Did you like/use the radio feature in G/S/C/HG/SS?

• I liked and used the radio often. It was a good feature!

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I didn't like/use the radio at all.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I used it for somethings occassionally, but not all of the time.

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters
I loved me the Pokegear radio. In both Silver and SoulSilver, I stalled advancing the plot just so I could ride everywhere while listening to the Team Rocket theme on the radio.

It was definitely better in HG/SS than in the original Gen 2, namely after beating the Champion and unlocking Kanto where they play Hoenn and Sinnoh music (which also attracts relevant wild Pokemon).

Last edited:
It was a cool feature to have, especially at the time when radio was highly used still. But admittedly I never used it myself aside from in Crystal I'd put it on daily for Buena's Password since that was fun and an easy way to earn Rare Candy.

In the original games, I'm pretty sure it was called the Lucky Channel but it was one of my favorite pieces of music in the game. I would turn it on in the Kimono Theatre (even though I liked that music too) and dance along with the Kimono Girls.

I prefer listening to the music for each area.
Besides, I accidentally tuned into the Magikarp signal once and it creeped me out.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom