• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #48 Favourite hand-held console to play Pokémon on?

Favourite hand-held console to play Pokémon on?

• Gameboy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gameboy Color

• Gameboy Advance

• Gameboy Advance SP

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Gameboy Micro

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Nintendo DS Lite

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Nintendo DSi

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Oswin

Reaction score
Hello Everynyan! Welcome to the forty-eighth installment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: What is your favourite hand-held console to play Pokémon on?

Was you a huge fan of the original Gameboy? Did you rack up many hours on the SP? Were you the 1% with a Gameboy Micro?

Past Polls of the Week

01) Were the original 151 the best?
02) Most beneficial new generation?
03) Best Kanto Starter?
04) Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
05) First Pokémon game?
06) Best Johto Starter?
07) How old were you when you started playing?
08) Do you still play the older generations?
09) Best Hoenn Starter?
10) Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
11) Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
12) Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
13) Most beneficial third version?
14) First handheld console?
15) Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?
16) Favourite Hoenn Gym Design?
17) Favourite Apricorn Ball?
18) Pokémon Contests - Yay or Nay?
19) Did you use the Wi-Fi Plaza?
20) Favourite Kanto Gym Leader?
21) Do you like remakes?
22) Favourite Stat Trainer?
23) Favourite Johto Gym Leader?
24) Would you like to see older games on the 3DS Virtual Console?
25) Will Platinum be the last third version?
26) Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?
27) Whitney's Miltank - Was it a problem for you?
28) Do you play originals or remakes?
29) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
30) Did you use the TMs?
31) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Design?
32) Favourite Ranger game?
33) Favourite Mystery Dungeon Game?
34) Headbutt or Honey Trees?
35) Were you addicted to the Sinnoh Underground?
36) Do you prefer breakable TMs?
37) Did you participate in the Pokéathlon?
38) Favourite Eeveelution?
39) Did you prefer Gen III's Battle Frontier facilities or Gen IV's?
40) Did your participate in Contests?
41) Pokegear, Pokenav or Poketch?
42) Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?
43) Were you able to catch/find Feebas in R/S/E?
44) Did you like the inclusion of the Sevii Islands in FRLG?
45) Did you replant berries?
46) Did you like/use the radio feature in G/S/C/HG/SS?
47) LT Weekly Poll #47 Did you like Colosseum/XD's story modes?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

Nintendo DS Lite for me because of the ability to play both the newer games and the Gen III games. It was also the first hand-held console I had owned since my old Game Boy Advanced, so it was the first one I had with a screen with backlight, so no more playing Pokemon underneath a lamp late at night for me :0

I'll have to say DS Lite. While I love my 3DS to death, there's just no way to play Gen III games on it.

Where's the 3DS? Last I checked, that's a handheld system, and it'd probably win, as you can play two generations on it (the best two, in fact), and soon you'll be able to play Gen VI on it as well. So why isn't the 3DS an option?

Where's the 3DS? Last I checked, that's a handheld system, and it'd probably win, as you can play two generations on it (the best two, in fact), and soon you'll be able to play Gen VI on it as well. So why isn't the 3DS an option?
Probably because there hasn't been a generation made for the 3DS yet. :p

And I chose the DSlite for it's backwards compatibility and sleekness.

Probably because there hasn't been a generation made for the 3DS yet. :p

And I chose the DSlite for it's backwards compatibility and sleekness.

But the question was: 'Favourite hand-held console to play Pokemon on'. And my favourite hand-held to play Pokemon on happens to be the 3DS.

DSi. It gets that cool video chat on the Xtransceiver. Otherwise, it's kinda inferior to the DS and the Lite, but it my first Pokémon game came bundled with it.

Nintendo DS Lite, unlike the Game Boy systems it was so much easier to use and not rely on a bright lamp just to be able to play it. The battery is also easier to deal with instead of having to buy batteries. I like that Generation III games were playable on it as well, to avoid having to use Gameboy Advance for those.

3DS XL. Because it's epic. And the size of the screens is epic. And the 3D effect is epic. Just epic.

Last edited:
Game Boy Color because I enjoy the music of G/S/C; I also like how some of it kind of sounds Arabian (including the Gym Leader music) :)

Nintendo DS Lite, unlike the Game Boy systems it was so much easier to use and not rely on a bright lamp just to be able to play it. The battery is also easier to deal with instead of having to buy batteries. I like that Generation III games were playable on it as well, to avoid having to use Gameboy Advance for those.

I wish there was a way to change how the screen worked on the DS systems because IMO the Game Boy screen worked a lot better outside in the daytime but you couldn't see anything at night without a light. The DS works better in dimly lit places but unless you turn the light all the way up it's really hard to see outside during the day.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom