• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #9 Best Hoenn Starter?

Favourite Hoenn Starter?

• So I herd u liek Treecko?

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • So I herd u liek Torchic?

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • So I herd u liek Mudkip?

Votes: 36 40.9%

• Total voters
Mudkip, hands down. It goes through Gym Leaders like a hot knife through butter, has a strong moveset and looks super adorable in my opinion.

I like it's final evolution as well, but not Marshtomp though. :p

Swampert is amongst my favourite Pokemon overall, so this is an easy choice for me. Mudkip itself is pretty good too in my book. But I agree that they're all good. Definitely one of the stronger starter sets, if not the best.

Mudkip, hands down. Swampert is arguably the best water starter of any game, and, if you get into it logicially, water is the best choice to start with.

I like both other starters as well, I've used them all, but Mudkip's my fave.

Mudkip! Swampert is by far one of the best final evos from all the starter Pokémon and superior to Sceptile and Blazekin.

Gotta go with Mudkip. Am playing Emerald as my first Gen III game currently and I like the little guy.

Mudkip, the cute pokemon that gains no weakness
Treecko the lizard that had good stats, and get's better in gen 4
Torchic the awsome chic that becomes a beast
I just can't choose I love then all!

Treecko line learns Dragon Pulse and a ton of Grass-Type moves, and more! Also, a Shiny Sceptile is so amazing that you should go burn yourself to shreds if you don't like it.

Mudkip was my first Hoenn starter. Swampert is my favorite of the starters' final forms. I really like Spontaneous Combusken.

Hoenn had the best Starters. I love all of them, but I liek Mudkipz slightly more.

Mudkip definitely for me. Swampert is my favorite evolved water starter, and the line is best for me to use for the water-based region. It sure is great in-game with Ice Beam and Quick Claw along with its water type attacks.

Treecko, just because I find Sceptile to be the coolest of the final forms. Grovyle is totally awesome as well. Basically I like the entire line. I like the other lines too, but Combusken and Marshtomp aren't as cool to me as Grovyle.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom