• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lucario, aegislash, or goodra

Bladedge

duck her right in the
Reaction score
I like lucario because he is very reliable plus his mega evolution. I like aegislash because of its form switch. I like goodra because of its stats (I want a gooey one).

My team is a noivern, sylveon, greninja, blaziken, venusaur, and a empty slot for someone.

Could you elaborate on your current team dynamic? What sets are you running, what is your main strategy, who is your Mega, etc?

Could you elaborate on your current team dynamic? What sets are you running, what is your main strategy, who is your Mega, etc?

Well actually, I'm still on the 4th badge and I didn't want to turn them into competitive battles until the E4. I have a mega venusaur, blaziken, and lucario

I think he means who will you use primarily as your Mega since your allowed one per battle.
In my opinion, which you do not have to listen to, you can opt out of having Lucario in your party. You have Blaziken for a Mega Fighting type and Venusaur to stop Poison attacks already. Plus you have that event Blaziken with Speed Boost too. If you can find a Gooey Goodra then good luck but for type coverage, id put Aegislash since Noivern is already present. That's my non-competitive opinion without any set strategies or sets.

I think he means who will you use primarily as your Mega since your allowed one per battle.
In my opinion, which you do not have to listen to, you can opt out of having Lucario in your party. You have Blaziken for a Mega Fighting type and Venusaur to stop Poison attacks already. Plus you have that event Blaziken with Speed Boost too. If you can find a Gooey Goodra then good luck but for type coverage, id put Aegislash since Noivern is already present. That's my non-competitive opinion without any set strategies or sets.

OK. I'm thinking about getting aegislash but I still have thoughts of goodra

i agree with bladedge, i reccomend an aegislash for your team. in particular, if you can get one with the right ivs and a brave nature, using the right moveset can turn it into a sweeper even if its weak to whatever your opponent is using.

I'd go Aegislash too, because Blaziken gives you fighting type moves already, so Lucario is kinda useless, Goodra would just make your team weakened too much by Fairy types, so you'll be in a bad spot if someone has Sylveon. But Aegislash and Venusaur would be able to take Fairies down easily, so it would be really handy to have around.

Since you have a Noivern, I think having a Goodra is kinda redundant (I had one in the game and he's pretty good, but so is Noivern with dat speed). Since you already have a fighting type in the form of Blaziken, I'd say Aegislash is the better option to have more varied STAB attacks.

i think you're probably going to want aegislash so as to have a fighting chance against other aegislash

sd aegis has no trouble setting up on sylveon or venusaur and greninja won't stick around long very often; it probably won't be hard for your opponent to get greninja out of the way or at least weaken it to the point where a +2 shadow sneak will kill, at which point it will probably do some serious damage to your team, if not sweep it entirely. king's shield | swords dance | sacred sword | shadow sneak admittedly makes forces you into a mindgame with opposing aegislash but i don't know if your other two choices really do much to it

i don't really know 6th gen take my advice with a grain of salt

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom