• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24, 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

No widescreen = no buy. Period

I don't know what VIZ media's problem is, but their policies with pokemon is REALLY starting to tick me off. First, with the show itself, they completely skip over seasons on DVD boxset releases (Johto Journeys, Johto League Champions, advanced challenge, advanced battle, etc), then they refuse to release blu-rays of the movies, and they are still refusing to release in widescreen.

Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

We know TPCi has access to the widescreen version, there's screenshots on their official website.
(Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew | Movies | Pokemon.com)
movie8_ep1_ss1.jpg

movie8_ep2_ss1.jpg

movie8_ep3_ss1.jpg

movie8_ep4_ss1.jpg

movie8_ep5_ss1.jpg

movie8_ep6_ss1.jpg
So why can't TPCi give Viz this version to use?

Also, when they used 4:3 on the last DVD, did they letterbox it or crop it?

Example:
Original:
2z8p7jm.png

Letterboxed:
2eobm94.png

Cropped:
24d1mqr.png

I own the first 7 movies on DVD (trying to show them all to my girlfriend so I'm not really going out of my way to get them, and the first 7 movies have been in nice 3 movie and 4 movie sets)
This movie though has always been harder to find though. Glad to see it's being re-released.

So why can't TPCi give Viz this version to use?

They can. Viz probably is too lazy to author the DVD once more, when they have an usable master. They just don't really care, probably.

And letterboxing isn't what your pic shows ;)

This was my favorite movie! This is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom