• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

"Lucario and the Mystery of Mew"

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
That is the 8th movies dub name, according to a scan I saw on SPPF.

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
Cool!

An actual dub title!

Well, before now, people were even telling me that a dub version of the movie hadn't even been announced yet.

So I was like, "Huh? But, isn't that what they are doing right now, dubbing the 8th movie?".

Anyway, I knew sometime or another they'd have to come out with the dub version.

I just wanna know when it'll be out on video/DVD.

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
It's from Pokémon Fan, a magazine published by Pokémon USA. The person who posted the scan on SPPf posted more pages from the magazine which supplement information on Pokémon.com. In addition, that site says that information on the movie will be out this weekend.

It's not fake.

Froakin' Hilarious.
Reaction score
And that's a wrap.

So. Opinions on the name?

(Lucario's name comes as no shock at all)

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
I am grateful it is not a pun.

Screenshot Maniac
Reaction score
I really like the dub name for the movie ^^ It's sensible sounding, goes with the theme of the movie too, I'm happy with it~! :D

Reaction score
Good. The hot spring scene makes the whole movie worth it.

Pie

Dead Again
Reaction score
And already the complaints start rolling in, because OMG Lucario isn't as cool as Rukario since it doesn't have a K!

And of course it's the English dub's fault, because there's no way the Japanese could make a name with L's or C's. That's crazy talk!

Reaction score
Would those complaints ever have been posted if Serebii hadn't stuck to the direct romanization when all the proof for the correct spelling started appearing? I wonder.

...no, wait, I don't.

Reaction score
Rukario, Lucario, Rucario & Lukario are ALL correct spellings so kindly stop

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
Well, Lucario is the correct spelling now and that is all that matters.

Reaction score
Actually Lucario being the US Name does not make it the correct Japanese Spelling :p

But I know what you mean...just taking your statement at face value

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Moving on from the name debate...

I wonder if 4Kids will get Puffy to record an English version of the ending theme. It's not impossible, especially since we got an English version of "Chiisaki Mono," even though Hayashi Asuka didn't sing the English version and probably had nothing to do with the "translated" lyrics.

It's going to suck watching this movie in fullscreen, though, because the movie's scenery pretty much requires one to see it in widescreen to get the full effect.

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
Soon the other two pokemon that don't have English names yet will get ones. I don't know if we had this many pokes have English names before the game is released even in Japan before.