1. As Bulbagarden aims to be a safe place for everyone, please take your time to read a note on harrassment on Bulbagarden.

Lucario to return in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U as a playable character: Lucario

Discussion in 'Pokémon News from Bulbanews' started by BulbaBot, Jan 31, 2014.

1. BulbaBot

BulbaBot Dreams of electric Bulbasaur

Blog Posts:
    Lucario to return in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U as a playable character: Lucario will ...

The official site of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS has announced the return of Lucario to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U as playable character.

Read more on Bulbanews

2. Water Max

Water Max 初段黒帯空手家!

Blog Posts:
    Re: Lucario to return in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U as a playable character: Luc

I was hoping that Mewtwo would return with its Mega Evolutions but I know that Lucario has a Mega Evolution as well which might be a replacement for Lucario's Final Smash.

3. Robo-Floatzel

Robo-Floatzel Jacen the Robot Floatzel

Blog Posts:
    Re: Lucario to return in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U as a playable character: Luc

I am so happy right now! Lucario wasn't really my main in Brawl (my main was Kirby), but I am at least happy to see that he's back.

4. Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy Active Member

Blog Posts:

Wake me up when Mewtwo is announced.

5. Team Gaara

Team Gaara Borderland Sword

Blog Posts:

Great news! Glad he's back. Hoping he'll get Mega Evolution for his Final Smash. It would be better than the one he has now. I don't think they'd make it his Down B like Sheik since you can't undo Mega Evolution so it seems Final Smash makes the most sense, being something like Samus to Zero Suit Samus.

6. PikachuColoredPichu

PikachuColoredPichu My B-Day is Nov. 10

Blog Posts:

I'm calling it: Mega Lucario as his Final Smash.

7. Ryoma Maser

Ryoma Maser Driver of Torna

Blog Posts:

Woohoo all we need is Mewtwo and no more jigglypuff

8. Uncle Edit

Uncle Edit Member

Blog Posts:

Like the other folks on here, I am quite happy knowing that Lucario is returning in this installment. It just seems too popular by Pokémon standards to leave out. I hope that Mewtwo and Pokémon Trainer return as well, in addition to earning some buffs to make them more popular in the competitive scene.

9. Fudgenuggets

Fudgenuggets H...a...p...p...y

Blog Posts:

All I have to say: Mega evo plzzzz

10. Klanex

Klanex New Member

Blog Posts:

I hope there is other starters in the game

11. Zweilous

Zweilous Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

Good to hear he's back! I hope the buffs they said they gave him makes the mechanic less high risk.

12. ange

ange Master of Time

Blog Posts:

I would care more about Lucario returning in SSB4 if it wasn't for the returning Aura mechanic. Rewarding players for getting hit is in a bad design choice IMO, and now they're even increasing his power as he gains damage.

Players should be rewarded for their skill and not their mistakes. Project M uses an Aura mechanic that instead rewards aggressive play (power of Aura attacks increases as Lucario connects his physical moves, and resets if Lucario is KO'd), which I think is a better design choice.

Still waiting on Mewtwo's triumphant return. Please make it happen this time..

13. キットちゃん

キットちゃん 超かわいい狐

Blog Posts:

I was just reading a rumor that Lucario and Mewtwo would return with some changes a few hours before this was announced lol. Looks like they got at least half of that right.

14. Steel_Justice

Steel_Justice Glorious Goo

Blog Posts:

Glad to hear my main is back. If mewtwo does return he better be buffed and not weigh as much as a lightweight character.

15. Hidden Mew

Hidden Mew Administrator Deputy Head Administrator

Blog Posts:

I was so happy to hear this news. I love Lucario and I never got to play it in Brawl, so I was seriously hoping that it would be available in this game. I was immensely happy to hear that it would be available. I was going to buy the game even if it didn't have Lucario, but knowing that it does make me want to buy the game even more.

16. EMagigas

EMagigas New Member

Blog Posts:

Great! hopefully his Final Smash isn't laughable like in SSBB, mega-evolution would be great for him too, I also hope that mewtwo will make a return, though I think that a 6th gen Pokémon might be in the line-up instead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.