• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lucas or Diamond? (What will you name your Platinum Male Character?)

What will you name your DPP Main playable Character?

• Diamond

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lucas

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other (Please post in the thread)

Votes: 26 89.7%

• Total voters

Netto Azure

«The Ashen Knight»
Reaction score
Note: I know it's based on one's preference but I just want to get people's opinion.

Well as everyone knows Platinum Version is coming out. So if you choose the Male main character..What will you name him?

I'm having a hard time deciding...and it's tomorrow. XD

I've always named the playable character after myself. (I'll be playing as the female, but still)

My name.
And if you aren't playing the male character, it will always be Lucas.

Where can I see the sprites for platinum characters? I usually pick the guy but in this Gen he looks really gay with his hat+scarf so I'm going dawn

Hmm. Well, because of Wifi, I've taken to naming characters after myself in Gen 4. But maybe it will get weird to have two characters named the same thing when I'm going to be trading between the two save files. I don't know what I'll call him, really. Which is reason for concern, as the game comes out in a few hours. o.o

As for which name I would name him if not for the introduction of online trading, Lucas.

I play female but if i were to play the male his name would be Shinichi

My female character will either be Ran or Rachel (in case you care)

Why only the male character? o_o

As far as what I've named my trainer on Platinum, I was attempting to write 'Tina' but somehow managed to write 'Raina' instead. I didn't figure this out until after the first gym or so and didn't really want to restart, so the name stuck. lol

'Course, the male character on my game ended up being Kouki since I chose the female (<3 Pt Dawn's outfit)..

Where can I see the sprites for platinum characters? I usually pick the guy but in this Gen he looks really gay with his hat+scarf so I'm going dawn

Lucas looks too gay... So... You're going with... Dawn? Wait. Wait. ...!?!?

Also.

I am picking Lucas (Male) and naming him what I've been naming my characters from GenIII, as if I am continuing the Story.

I'm going to name her after me, as I have been doing...or possibly something different. I am a sort of a spur of the moment person...though getting up at 7 to get the game may slow my creativity some.

I forgot that in platinum the sprites change and now I'm having a hard time deciding which gender to pick. I'll probably pick Lucas now due to the fact he no longer has that long gay scarf flapping around and his blue coat is a plus.

Picking the female character, but same diff'. Since my first copy of Pokemon Red, I've always named my character Jay or a variation thereafter. In my Diamond game it was Jei. I'm probably going to continue the tradition. It feels wrong otherwise! D: I do this in all games, though. Like Harvest Moon... sigh, the dog's name is always Rusty. It's like living my tenth birthday over and over again every time I start a new game, I swear.

I will name him Kouji because it's close to Kouki and IMO Kouji sounds better.

But the male sprite. Yeeeah, it makes sense if you've seen the show.

What, I dont get it.

I'll be choosing the male this time and for his name I've thought long and hard.

Pax

it haas nothing to do with the meaning, moreso with the appearaance of the name.

Although it may change at the last moment to another name I'm starting to think of.

I always have named my character my own name on every pokemon game I have owned.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom