• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Lucky Pokémon

omahanime

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
UPDATES
July 23, 2018
Lucky Pokémon Are Ready for a New Adventure!

Trainers,

Professor Willow has made an important new discovery about Pokémon! His findings suggest that Pokémon can take on a new trait when they are traded. The trait’s origin is a mystery, and you can experience it soon in Pokémon GO!

According to his research, there is a chance that Pokémon, when traded, can become sparkly Lucky Pokémon. It seems that Lucky Pokémon require less Stardust to power up, which means they can reach a higher CP much faster than other Pokémon. Plus, a Lucky Pokémon can be detected by the Pokédex, so you can keep track of them!

The longer the Pokémon spends inside a Trainer’s Pokémon storage, the higher the chance of them becoming Lucky Pokémon when they are traded. Whether or not being in storage causes Pokémon to become Lucky Pokémon remains a mystery, but be sure to stay posted for more results from the professor’s research.

With the discovery of Lucky Pokémon, Gifts also can include special new surprises. Trainers who send Gifts to friends will now receive XP for doing so and Gifts also have a chance of containing Stardust!

It’s time to begin a new journey with Lucky Pokémon! Share a photo of your new find with #LuckyPokemon on your preferred social media channels. Stay safe, and happy exploring!

I haven't tried to get any of these too hard, especially considering I'm far from my usual city in which I play and have most friends in, as well as that I haven't hit Best Friends level with my two cloest friends (we mostly plan to trade in between us for useful luckies, but only after we hit Best).

So for now I got a random Lucky Alolan Persian, which I'm keeping as collectible but have no interest in powering up.

I've gotten a lot of lucky Pokémon, but usually I just transfer them. The luckies I've kept so far are: Chikorita (prepping for community day...), Slowking, Espeon, Dratini, Houndoom, Aipom, Alolan Ninetales....and my prized lucky, the Kangaskhan I traded for :O

My wife and I traded small Rattata and got lucky.

Many people tell don't touch her lucky, CP420:LOL:

This has been a while ago, but here's the list of Luckies I got during the Trade Event, as posted in the Adventure Log:

Jolteon 2396, Ursaring 2390, Mewtwo 2239, Granbull 2195, Golem 1987, Vaporeon 1884, Camerupt 1631/1229, Roselia 1519, Shiftry 1398, Machamp 1338, Medicham 1103, Murkrow 1079/224, Pidgeot 1049/88(100%), Castform (Sunny) 1027, Breloom 985, Delcatty 946, Mightyena 887. Mr. Mime 769/716, Eevee 720, Nosepass 637, Claydol 597, Kirlia 457, Pidgey 439, Bulbasaur 403, Raticate 387, Baltoy 331, Beldum 229, Pidgeotto 173, Skitty 84

Since then I got just 6 more. Bayleef 1177, Larvitar 298, Gligar 384 and Eevee 342 from @nmihal and Alolan Dugtrio 862 and Alolan Sandslash 1326 from a nice lady I traded with today after Moltres.

Mostly happy about the Jolteon which I plan to max out sometime. The other Eevee and the high CP Murkrow might see use too in the future. Machamp, Larvitar, Kirlia and Beldum are all too low lvl so I think they'll just be collectibles. Bayleef will get evolved in this CD but probably won't see much relevance after that.

So after Moltres Day I mostly took a break on trading as I was waiting out for Best Friends with @nmihal and another friend of ours.

September 10th though, I did get a Slugma, evolved into Magcargo 943, while doing a single daily trade to raise friendship.

September 21st: Hit Best Friends with nmihal and we went pretty much overboard, emptying out most of our reserves
Muk 1081. Traded as Grimer from the Kanto event, 98% 15/14/15, immediately evolved. Power up not as likely anymore considering Poison's only major utility was VS Fairy in GO, and now MM Metagross has eclipsed everything.
Magmar 1636, 84%, planning to evolve when Magmortar becomes available.
Gyarados 1665. Traded as Magikarp from the Kanto event, 91%, I actually used 400 candies on this just to get a Lucky dex entry on Gyarados, since I've already maxxed out 3 (2 100% and 1 96%) plus my Kyogre, I don't really have use for this.
Haunter 1285, Traded as Gastly from the Kanto event, 84%, did not fully evolve as I was hoping for some legacy/exclusive move Gengar event for Halloween/October etc. Might evolve eventually, power up not as likely considering I already have a maxxed 100% Gengar, 3 SB Mewtwo and 2 98% B/C TTar.
Charmeleon 673, Traded as Charmander from the Kanto event, 96% 15/13/15, did not fully evolve in hopes that Blast Burn will somehow be available on Charizard again. But even then, might not max out as I already have Moltres + 4 BB Zard + Entei
Sunflora 1772, Traded as Sunkern saved from the Johto event, 84%, evolved for the lucky dex entry, just collectible with no practical use
Graveler 1651, Traded as Geodude from the Kanto event, 87%, already had a Golem so I'm going for a lucky living dex here. Golem's somewhat obsolete of an attacker by now, after all :(

September 22nd
Tangela 1246, from the Kanto event, 91%, will probably evolve when Tangrowth becomes available. Might not see much use as a Grass attacker, however.

September 23rd
Snorlax 1799
, from the Kanto event, 91-93%, 13 or 14 Attack IV. Nice to have around but proabably won't power up, not a fan of using Stardust on defenders plus I've got a 98% with Body Slam that takes priority, if I get enough Candy and feel like spending the Stardust... yeah this is gonna take a while.
Blastoise 1863, traded as Squirtle from the Kanto event, 91%. Decided to evolve this one fully as I really like the Squirtle line and holding back in hopes that HC returns still doesn't have much point, considering HC Blastoise unfortunately still isn't remarkable :( Chances of maxxing out almost zero, just like having it around.

September 24th
Dewgong 418
, traded as Seel from the Kanto event, evolved for the lucky dex entry, probably going to stay as is forever.

September 26th
Geodude 159
, yet another Geodude from the Kanto event traded in, 96% but stays Geodude for living dex purposes.
Grimer 201, 82-84% 12 Attack :( Stays around as Grimer, probably never getting evolved powered up unfortunately.

September 27th
Grimer 823
, yeah we traded a lot of Grimer from the event those days, 91%, stays Grimer for now.

September 28th
Gastly 192
, traded during the event, 93% 13-14 attack IV, stays Gastly for living dex purposes as I got Haunter and Gengar I'm waiting out for.

October 3rd (we had a little trade lull because of lack of storage/coins to buy more storage)
Aggron 2703, this one was cool, traded in as Aron, immediately evolved. It was my highest CP lucky for a while until Metagross outclassed it. I already have a maxxed out 100% for gym use so it would never get powered up anyway, but just having it around is nice.
Rattata 129, 91-93%, stays as is for living dex purposes as I already got Raticate
Exploud 1916, traded in as Loudred (this is what I get for accepting in others' mass evolve fodder lol), evolved, 89%, probably never gonna powerup

October 4th
Lairon 841
, traded in as Aron, evolved into Lairon and staying in that stage for living dex purposes

October 8th
Ralts 141
, from the Psychic event, 87% 12/15/12 :( Not too good but still a Lucky Ralts, it might get evolved and powered up eventually, I'd rather wait out a potential CD. It's female, so no Gallade option.
Alolan Golem 2146, 93% 14/14/14. Despite the initial shock of Amazes-HP-Attack-Defense-ARGH NOT 100%, this was pretty cool. High level Alolan Geodude traded in, immediately evolved... might even get powered up if I really need a #6 Electric attacker too soon (after Raikou-TS Zapdos-2nd Raikou-CB Zapdos-Lucky Jolteon). But considering Electivire/Magnezone are coming too, it might not...

October 9th
Grumpig 101
, traded Spoink from event evolved for the dex entry, 96-98% 13-14 Attack 15/15, unfortunately these IVs are not really gonna shine on a low level Grumpig

October 11th
Alakazam 972, traded Abra from the event evolved all the way, 89% 14/14/12. It might get powered up if I need Psychic attackers, for lack of better.

October 14th
Mewtwo 2227
, so I had an Ultra Friend who asked a favor to try out a Mewtwo trade for the Candy, and I accepted. It ended up being lucky, unfortunately 82% 13/12/12 (this is as rare as a 98% meh), probably not going to power up, I care way more about the Rare Candy than the Stardust when it comes to legendaries to justify going for low IVs just because of the halved dust cost of the lucky (bonus negative points since I do have a weather-boosted 100% waiting too!). Still, second lucky Mewtwo :D

October 19th (another lull because I didn't have much storage/coins to buy more, pretty much):
Corsola 706, now this was a cool one, lucky regional from Dortmund :D From an Ultra Friend who did attend the Safari Zone there and is using them to get +3 candies and Pilot medal distance.
Shroomish 600, nothing really remarkable about it, already have a lucky Breloom I don't feel like powering up, a maxxed out 100% Breloom, a 100% Shroomish... it just stays there.

October 20th (in which I trade pretty much my entire storage out to nmihal to empty out space for Beldum CD)
Prinplup 722, now this is nice. I did try out my luck with the Gen IV starters and got this, 96% 14/15/14. This is getting saved for its eventual CD (might be a year away, but still! Lucky 96 HC Empoleon, count me in!)
Arcanine 463, traded in as Growlithe, evolved for the entry, not getting powered up

October 21st: This is the first time EVER I hit the trading cap of 1 Special Trade (Shiny Beldum for Shiny Beldum) and 100 regular trades (Beldum for Beldum), all with nmihal (who was an MVP trade buddy for this one, my online public thanks man you're the best :D)
So, out of these 101 Beldum we got 5 luckies (I do believe the chance is 1/20 for recently caught Pokemon, so it seems quite average). Of these 5 luckies, the 96% I evolved into Meteor Mash Metagross and maxxed out (my #1 Steel attacker of the Top 6, the other 5 are level 30ish but not lucky), another became Metang for the living dex, the other 3 stayed Beldum. Apart from the 96%, everything else was 91% or less. And the full list is:
Beldum 135/110/85, Metang 784 and... Metagross 3623!
I absolutely LOVE this maxxed out 96% Lucky Metagross. It is pretty much the first and only time so far that the feature of Lucky Pokemon has proven to be extremely useful meta-wise (Jolteon doesn't really see use yet) and great for collectible value. Were it not for it I'd not have any good IV Beldum to evolve for Meteor Mash, let alone max out at half the dust cost, and have a sparkling background to make it seem special in my Top 12 :D

Anyway, onwards to:
October 22nd:
Beldum 357
, 93% 15/13/14, this is from the "residue wave" of Beldum trades, ie the ones past the 101th we could not trade in the CD's day and just went for the next day, just for the candies. Still a collectible lucky to keep around, but it did not even have a chance to get evolved, not that I would.
Banette 1222, 89% 15/13/12, traded in as Shuppet and evolved for the entry, probably won't power up ever; when Banette was first released about a year ago from now I was considering it for Alakazam solos: 3 SB Mewtwo and 2 maxxed out 98% B/C Ttars later, no thanks :D

And today, October 23rd, I got quite lucky with the luckies, scoring 6! And a 100%!
Azumarill 288, traded in as Marill and evolved for the entry. Stays as is.
Skarmory 506, stays as is.
Cloyster 619, traded in as Shellder and evolved for the entry. Could max out as Cloyster is still a viable Ice attacker... but not for long, Mamoswine is coming. So no.
Bibarel 1116, now I had a lot of fun with this :) Being Bidoof day and all, I really wanted to roll a Lucky Bidoof considering we had lots of spares to trade around. And I did. And I evolved it. That's all, I don't mind, it was fun :)
Linoone 1051, this was traded in as a Zigzagoon, and it ended up 100%! So it also doubles for my 100% collection. Evolved for the lucky entry and the 100% collection. Probably never getting maxxed out though, shame my 100% luckies end up being common things like this and Pidgey.
and finally, Venomoth 375, traded in as Venonat and just evolved for the entry.

I've gained quite a handful of luckiest since I last posted here, the latest ones being Dratini and Larvitar, which I've evolved into Dragonair and Tyranitar, respectively. But since Tyranitar ended up with Fire Blast, of all moves it could have, at least I now know what to use the next Charged TM I get on!

I've traded 4000 Pokémon since my last update to this thread, so my highlights are: Lunatone the day they swapped, perfect Bulbasaur (now a Venusaur), perfect Magneton, perfect Alakazam, 91% Rampardos, and 98% Meltan

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom