• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Lucky skill builds (Discussion)

Reaction score
The purpose I had for this thread was to toss out some ideas for some lucky skills that would be best used for certain sync pairs. What are some interesting ones that worked for you, and what were those that you're like, eh, I'm not feeling it? Of course, there are plenty of variants that could be used depending on the sync grid used. This also helps reveal the type of battle style you play - are you more aggressive in damage output, or do you play more safely, racking up Sp/Def. boosts and protecting from crits? Do you primarily rely on super-effective moves, or do you just try to plow through with overall strong units? Note that if I mention #/5, that's referring to the move level.

I'll start with some that make the most sense in eliminating any of the negative effects - Dauntless for Brendan and Zinnia and Unbending for SS Cynthia as examples. One interesting thing I've done for Iris though is Lessen Confusion 9 since her Confusion Boon 5 for Outrage could still be active (requires 3/5 though). I have Flameproof for Shauntal right now, but Lessen Burn 9 might not hurt honestly, since it also prevents them from being hit by other status conditions that could be detrimental. (Probably will depend on her expanded grid.)

For some less obvious ones...
  • I've had Clemont obtain Critical Strike 1 (eventually aiming to get 2), which pairs quite nicely with Activate! However, it's only a two-time-guaranteed use (unless I got at least 2/5 and got MP Refresh 2 for it), leading me to wonder if perhaps Power Reserves would be better, since it would mean a more consistent damage output (relatively anyway) when matched up with HP Advantage 4.
  • Giovanni's in a similar boat, though his is an increased critical-hit rate, meaning Critical Strike would more likely activate (and would be quite nice if combined with Power Reserves 2). He currently has Power Reserves 1.
Then there are some weird ones like Liza and Tate. I have no idea what to use for their lucky skill hahaha. Oak I've used Stoic 2, but I'm not sure what is best for him honestly. It's just nice racking up even more stat boosts, though Defense Crush 2 might be an interesting one, even if it doesn't quite mesh as well with his Special moves (speaking of, I'm kinda sad that Mind Games isn't an option for a lucky skill as far as I know...).

I could go on and on, but I would love to hear your thoughts on what lucky skills you used for your sync pairs!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom