• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Ludicolo (Parody of “Alejandro” by Lady Gaga)

Yoshi1001

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score
Ludicolo
Parody of “Alejandro” by Lady Gaga
With new lyrics by Steven “Yoshi” Reich

I know that you’ve been hurt,
And I know that you may doubt me,
But we just have to try once more,
Ludicolo…

She’s got monsters
In her pocket
And she just looks at you,
Just looks at you

She flies above
It’s you she speaks to
She’s like a Taillow
‘round a Wepear around you

You know that I caught you boy,
Down in Mexico, but boy
At some point I’ve gotta choose,
Before I lose

Don’t call my name
Don’t call my name
‘Ludicolo’
I’ll lose the game
I’ll lose the game
I just know
Use Togekiss,
Use Camerupt

White smoke is makin’ this tough
Don’t call my name
Don’t call my name
Oh please no…

Ludicolo, Ludicolo
Ludi-Ludicolo, Ludi-Ludicolo
Ludicolo, Ludicolo

Stop, please, don’t make me go!
Ludicolo!
Don’t make me go!

She was broken,
Cried like a baby
‘Cuz the last time went so bad
Just went so bad

(but) All those flames that
Burn inside her
Now she’s gonna fight the fight
Gonna earn a badge

You know that I trust you boy,
Just one more to go, and boy
At this point I’ve gotta choose,
So I choose you

I call your name
I call your name
Ludicolo
You’re not to blame
You’re not to blame
It’s your show
Not Togekiss,
Not Camerupt
This smokescreen’s makin’ it tough
I call your name
I call your name
Now let’s go!

Ludicolo, Ludicolo
Ludicolo, Ludicolo

Just follow me
Just follow me (Lu-di-co-lo)
Don’t be afraid
Don’t be afraid (of that Tor-koal)
Today’s your day
Today’s your day (Lu-di-co-lo)
Not Togekiss,
Not Camerupt (Here we go…)

You called my name
You called my name
‘Ludicolo’
I’m in the game
I’m in the game
You said so
Not Togekiss,
Not Camerupt
This smokescreen isn’t that tough
You called my name
You called my name
Here I go…

Ludicolo, Ludicolo
Ludicolo, Ludicolo

You called my name
You called my name
‘Ludicolo’

(Ludicolo, Ludicolo)
We won the game
We won the game
Blow by blow

(Ludi-Ludicolo, Ludi-Ludicolo)
Hey Togekiss
Hey Camerupt
That’s why we never give up

(Ludicolo, Ludicolo)
You called my name
You called my name
How’d you know?

(Ludi-Ludicolo, Ludi-Ludicolo)

Ludicolo

Background info: It took me a while to write this one. It all started when I decided I needed to write another parody when I was headed to Pokemon Worlds this year. A few of the flight segments (Denver->LA and LA->Hawaii) had inflight audio, so I thought I would take a listen and see what I could come up with. I had a couple of ideas, but this one really jumped out at me, because after all in Pokemon, you really do "call their name". Once I figured out what the title was and who it was by, I decided to start writing. I wanted to tell a story with this one, so I came up with the idea of a Pokemon that had been defeated recently and was unsure of itself but had a trainer that was still willing to put her faith in it.

Glad you guys like it. I didn't really set out to create an all-out riot, but I'm happy you got a good laugh out of it.

This is hilarious. Someone with a good Lady Gaga impression needs to make a recording.

That was great. I'd love to see some more parodies.

That was entertaining. But let get this straight, is it a trainer in a gym battle that had Ludicolo as her last hope, or am I getting something wrong? :p

That was entertaining. But let get this straight, is it a trainer in a gym battle that had Ludicolo as her last hope, or am I getting something wrong? :p

Think of it as being like in the anime where instead of being able to use all six of your pokemon until you either win or they all faint, you have to choose three of your Pokemon (but get to chose during the battle). Something like that. The basic assumption is that the options are in some way mutually exclusive-if she chooses one Pokemon, she can't also choose the others.

Just read this in time with the actual song Alejandro. Nice work, bud.

But now for the real reason why I'm here, the awards.

Level of in-sync-ness with the music: 19/20

The lines that say "White smoke is making this tough", "This Smokescreen's makin' it tough", and the same lines in that stanza were a little hard to follow, but besides that, everything else was perfect.

*edit* Now that I read through it again, they make perfect sense. I'm bumping this up to a 19.

Choice of music to parody: 17/20

I liked most of the music here, but some parts of it was a little strange. Like the really high-pitched kick drum in some of the breakdown parts.

Quality of the parody: 19/20

From what I gather, it tells the story of the progress of a self-conscious Ludicolo in a Pokémon battle.

Which is an awesome choice for this kind of song.

Overall rating: 92/100

Well, I can't really file this down as a new record for a high rating from my out-of-100 reviews, mostly because this isn't actually a story :p

*edit* Hmm. Seems that bumping the 18 up to a 19 only raises this to a 92. XD

Last edited:
This is quite hilarious. Very precise to the song, even though it is hardly my type of music. I've always had a soft spot for Ludicolo (looks down out of distraction), but this was refreshingly genius of you. I can't help but feel like this was written in only a few days. Still, I really enjoyed it and to tell you the truth, there was nothing wrong with it. But then of course, it was a song.

Good work.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom