• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Luke, Zorua to make a comeback next month: Episode to air on June 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Luke, Zorua to make a comeback next month: Episode to air on June 7

The 82nd episode of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes!, 「映画対決!出撃イッシュ防衛隊!!」 Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!, is scheduled to premiere on June 7.

Read more on Bulbanews

I'm surprised that they decided to bring back Luke, and even more surprised that the writers didn't evolve his Zorua, as I was expecting him to have a Zoroark by the time he returned, and honestly, I don't want Luke's Zorua to evolve at all, she's too cute, and the fact that 90% of the time in the anime, when Pokemon evolve they completely lose their personality and basically become emotionless battle machines that only obey their trainer and nothing more.

and the fact that 90% of the time in the anime, when Pokemon evolve they completely lose their personality and basically become emotionless battle machines that only obey their trainer and nothing more.
Charizard, Bayleef, Sceptile, Swellow, Mamoswine, Sudowoodo, Gliscor, Donphan, Leavanny, and many, many others would disagree to that percentage.

As for Luke appearing, I thin it's awesome. I really liked Luke. Maybe because I was a lot like him at that age. (And to make him more like me, I suggest we smash his camera.)

I'm guessing the port city they mention is going to be the one in the South West B2W2 area where Homika has been assumed to be.

My first thought is "WHY??!"
My second thought is "Seriously?!!"
My third thought is "One off fillers that have nothing to do with training are pointless and irrelevant"
This better not prevent a far cooler character from getting a Golurk Volcarona or Zoroark

If they were brought back, what makes you think they're intended to be minor characters?

You don't see them bringing back rivals that Ash has only met at the Pokemon League either. Just because Luke isn't battling, doesn't mean they can't develop his character.

Also, BW2 feature a new mechanic that seem to replace Musicals, where the PC will be featured in movies.

I liked the episode they appeared in. Hope they would contribute more to the story. Wonder where all the royalties went for that movie lol.

You don't see them bringing back rivals that Ash has only met at the Pokemon League either. Just because Luke isn't battling, doesn't mean they can't develop his character.

I never said people have to battle to get development though. I mean look at Max. He didn't battle at all, but he was still able to get some development. I'm just saying I'd rather the writers concentrate on showing more backstory for the main characters and rivals. I hope Luke's plot isn't filler.

YAY!! I wanted them back :) But I really enjoyed Luke and his female Zorua XDD They were so interesting - but no Bianca here, please :( I don't want her going around trying to steal Zorua again :(

I never said people have to battle to get development though. I mean look at Max. He didn't battle at all, but he was still able to get some development. I'm just saying I'd rather the writers concentrate on showing more backstory for the main characters and rivals. I hope Luke's plot isn't filler.

What constitutes a main character to you then, outside of being part of the main group like Max is? If he appears enough, he'd be a supporting cast member, but that won't ever happen if you brush him aside simply because he doesn't hold any rivalries with the current cast. Pokémon's a show about friendship, why not actually have friends that don't battle?

What constitutes a main character to you then, outside of being part of the main group like Max is? If he appears enough, he'd be a supporting cast member, but that won't ever happen if you brush him aside simply because he doesn't hold any rivalries with the current cast. Pokémon's a show about friendship, why not actually have friends that don't battle?

Well besides Team Rocket, Ash's main travelling group are the "Main characters" in my eyes. They are in every episode and Iris is still very underdeveloped after 82 episodes. Cilan's not really going anywhere either. Many supporting characters who have been seen have incomplete plots. I'd like to see more Burgundy before I see more Luke personally because they have already established a storyline for her. I have no problem with Luke reappearing, but I hope they bring something new to the table.

And who's to say you can't develop characters simply because another one is being focused on? In-game example here: Flint's character development revolves around Volkner, and much of Candice and Maylene's development revolve around each other's interaction. Just because an episode focuses on one character, doesn't mean they can't develop another. The problem here isn't that Luke is being focused on, the problem is with the writers.

Surely having a minor recurring character like Luke developed is better than getting a one-time character (like we usually do) learn a single lesson, and then never be seen again. I like the way BW has characters recur and actually develop. Sure, Iris and Cilan have seen a lot less development than Dawn and May (and Brock, but in the amount of time they've had compared to him, they've probably shown more).

Besides, as The Outrage mentioned, there is a theater in B2W2, so Luke's return to promote it was inevitable. I would certainly be much more disappointed if they introduced a new throwaway character to fill this role than bringing back Luke.

I think people just see Luke as a repeat of Sammy Oak with a camera. He's not that interesting a character but we've certainly had worse recurring characters in the show like Kenny, Todd or Richie.

I think people just see Luke as a repeat of Sammy Oak with a camera. He's not that interesting a character but we've certainly had worse recurring characters in the show like Kenny, Todd or Richie.

At least Ritchie had some spine. Luke is just so punchable. And the idea of Pokemon being about friendship totally violates the games being about selfish craving for power and self esteem so just an episode about Luke which has nothing to do with the art of Pokemon training seems pretty lame.

the games being about selfish craving for power and self esteem

So did, you, like, not pay attention to the games at all when you were playing them? Especially BW? Because this is not true at all.

I'm just being real. Think about it what's the object of the game to catch them all and/or become champion. This is about becoming strong for money and fame sure you are supposedly friends with your pokemon but honestly it doesn't matter how you treat they will love you. Also in the games you trade them like collectibles. There is nothing wrong or immoral about this. I for one love Christmas because of the materialism it stimulates the economy the best christmas movie of all time is a Christmas story and it is about being superficial. Trust me I am playing real close attention. Yes in BW you are fighting for something but that something happened after you set foot on your journey. Pokemon is fighting as a sport. What was the opening line of the first dub theme. "I wanna be the very best" what's Ash's goal "to be a Master". It is about mastering a craft for fun and glory not friendship. Yes they always had a positive outlook on friendship but that's because it is for kids and there is nothing wrong with friendship but it is about gluttony for fun. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom