• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Luminose City Arc/Plot Speculation

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Aside of the Clemont gym battle, and possibly Serena's hairstyle and the encounter with the Treecko trainer there is something that will happen in Luminose City, as seen in the Opening...

Luminose arc.png

There are a number of people (including Prof. Sycamore) watching the Prism Tower, while a Pokeball rain ocurrs. There's also the next scene with Ash is leaving neon footprints, one could argue that it may be a poetic choice, but the lyrics doesn't reference it, so I don´t think that it's a poetic choice.

What do you think? We will see Team Flare in Luminose City?

You can also use this thread to point out other things that may happen in the city.

Last edited:
I think that scene is just for show.

I really doubt it's hinting anything, let alone TF.

I just hope the Clement battle goes better than last 2 part gym battle... :uhoh:

Last edited:
I just hope the Clement battle goes better than with last 2 episode gym battle... :uhoh:

What was wrong with those, tho? everyone of Ash's mon has got at least a win, decent animation and action, imo XY gym battles so far have been great, far above the BW ones...

But with the topic at hand I think they're going to spend at least 5 episodes in Lumiose City, there's a lot to cover, maybe Serena's haircut and a tripokalon happen there.

Yeah, the last two episode gym battle was really good, ignoring the CG background animation. The battles were well choreographed, made use of the environments, and even involved risk taking and status affecting techniques.

I like the idea of doing something different with the return to Miare City. Doing a two-part episode before the gym battle would give the city a little more importance.

Doh! I was thinking of the wrong battle!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
If the Flare-Dan were going to show up they would have gotten their own section in the opening.

I don't know, Team Galactic and Hunter J had already popped up a few times before they were in "High Touch"

Unless the Prism Tower lives up to the name and can project its own aurora I'm gonna chalk it up to "It's just there because it's cool. It is not a scene form the show itself"

I believe it only implies that Professor Sycamore will show up during their stay in Lumiose City. Which means they'll probably spend there more than just for the Gym Battle two-parter.

Let's see, I think we'll see an introductory episode where the group enters Lumoise City and meet up with the Blaziken guy and possibly Prof. Sycamore. I think this could be where Serena gets her redesign as well. The second episode then will be part 1 of the gym battle and the 3rd episode will be part 2 of the gym battle and will wrap up the Lumoise arc.

Yeah, the last two episode gym battle was really good, ignoring the CG background animation. The battles were well choreographed, made use of the environments, and even involved risk taking and status affecting techniques.

I like the idea of doing something different with the return to Miare City. Doing a two-part episode before the gym battle would give the city a little more importance.
I kinda disagree, though the actual animation was good I think that the direction of the writing of the gym battles from Tomioka has been poor due to the fact that Pikachu takes too much of the spotlight from Satoshi's other Pokémon. For example in the Shoyo gym battle he could have given Keromatsu two wins by having Yayakoma and Pikachu to Tyrunt lose so that Pikachu taking the spotlight in the Shara gym match would have been more acceptable.

I personally think that Tomioka's quality has declined significantly in XY as he probably wrote the best episodes in DP and BW I think while his episodes in XY barring the first two haven't been that good imo.

I kinda disagree, though the actual animation was good I think that the direction of the writing of the gym battles from Tomioka has been poor due to the fact that Pikachu takes too much of the spotlight from Satoshi's other Pokémon. For example in the Shoyo gym battle he could have given Keromatsu two wins by having Yayakoma and Pikachu to Tyrunt lose so that Pikachu taking the spotlight in the Shara gym match would have been more acceptable.

I personally think that Tomioka's quality has declined significantly in XY as he probably wrote the best episodes in DP and BW I think while his episodes in XY barring the first two haven't been that good imo.

Tomioka didn't write those episodes personally, not to mention the Yajima Tetsuo and Yuyama Kunihiko have a say in the story, too. Traditionally, a series reflects the whims of the kantoku (director, better described as 'series director). We also have to factor in that the producers above them are going to have their own whims. We can easily extract that Diamond & Pearl was Tomioka's baby given how much of it he bent over backwards to write himself, but since then he hasn't done that as much. The second and third gym battles where his, though.

(I'm fairly certain the reason Tomioka didn't write XY58 is because he wanted to write XY60 instead and didn't have time for both)

(I'm fairly certain the reason Tomioka didn't write XY58 is because he wanted to write XY60 instead and didn't have time for both)
If he wrote this gym battle too Pikachu surly would have starred in my view.

Tomioka's been busy with this film and writing for Fairy Tale, so I wouldn't be surprised if he passed the fourth gym battle to Yonemura so he could write the Kalos Queen episode, like Adamant said. He also probably wrote Mega Evolution Act III.

Based on what? He isn't the highest authority on the series. Yajima and Yuyama have more say than him.

Tomioka's been busy with this film and writing for Fairy Tale, so I wouldn't be surprised if he passed the fourth gym battle to Yonemura so he could write the Kalos Queen episode, like Adamant said. He also probably wrote Mega Evolution Act III.

Based on what? He isn't the highest authority on the series. Yajima and Yuyama have more say than him.
Well I am saying that because of all the battle episodes he has written for XY so far Pikachu has played a big role in all of them. Actually I think that they need to get new directors that are actually competent and give the head writer more freedom so that the series can be better.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom