• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lunala and the Lake of the Moone

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
Given how little a role the Lake of the Sunne/Moone plays in the games compared to the Altar, is anybody else hoping that we will see it play a much bigger role in the anime?

For starters, it's confirmed that the anime universe is the Pokemon Sun version, hence Nebby evolving into Solgaleo and the Altar of the Sunne being the canon name of the Poni Island altar. So far we've only seen Lunala giving birth to Nebby and mentioned in flashbacks, so I think it's definitely possible that it will have a much bigger role in the Necrozma arc, if there is going to be one. Maybe the lake will be where the heroes enter Ultra Space to face Necrozma from, instead of the altar?

But I will say this - if the Lake of the Moone does appear in the anime, it better not just be the location for an Ultra Guardians episode and then that's it.

That'd be great. UlaUla has the most unique locations of all Alola and all of them deserve an episode. Also, it would be a good way to show that Lunala has a different origin than Solgaleo.

I think they should show off Lunala as it would be a new side storyline that I would really like to see - it would be cool looking at the legendaries in separate storylines. I hope that they show off the Lake because it looked really cool in the games.

It would be difficult to do less with it than the games did, unless it simply never appears. Here's hoping...

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom