• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Luvdisc

Sith Droideka

I! AM NOT! A MORON!
Reaction score
Are Luvdisc actually supportive of relationships, as some shippers and the Pokédex seem to believe? Or is it some over-exaggerated romantic myth?

Well shipper will jump at ANY THING to prove that "person X" is in love with "person Y".

But they probly are as well there shaped like a heart and there poke-dex entrys say so but probly the anima used for the shippers

People are just eager to find an use to that piece of crap. Darn Luvdisc with all their uselessness. BTW romance means "character-development" which is something that the anime-writers don't strive for.

It's just a myth in the pokémon world. It's like how a certain country (I honestly forgot which one) in the world has as myth that when a boy and girl see a ladybug together, they'll fall in love.

Luvdisc is just a pokémon variation on that.

Yeah, I think it's a myth. Even if it has Pokemon-powers I don't think that's true, it's probably like what Mijzey said.

I think Luvdisc is a romantic. Its shaped like a heart and it looks cool XD
Well anyway, I doubt people would actually fall in love if they see a Luvdisc together. Its just a myth they made for us shippers. But hey, if the game believes in it, I take it as a hint/moment X3

I think of it as one of Pokeshippings mascot pokemon but the little girl fishy is veeeery cute!

I'm guessing its based off discus fish and there's nothing romantic about them. Unless you think fish so fragile and difficult to take care of that most fish stores will not place a guarantee on them is somehow romantic.

Romantic myth I say. If not, I'mma catch me a swarm of Luvdisc.

Mijzelffan said:
It's just a myth in the pokémon world. It's like how a certain country (I honestly forgot which one) in the world has as myth that when a boy and girl see a ladybug together, they'll fall in love.

Even if it were true, I'd rather look at ladybugs than look at luvdiscs to fall in love.

maybe if you eat them, they act as an aphrodisiac. God knows they're not really useful for much else (especially if Mamanbo turns out not to be its evolution).

Even if it were true, I'd rather look at ladybugs than look at luvdiscs to fall in love.

or should it be a Ledyba, in this case?

Well luvdisc seems to be a mascot for shippings, it's all it's got. Cause it's not like your going to put a luvdisc on your pokemon team. On a side note my school feild hockey team was going to be called the dunsparses.

To be honest it's just a heart turned on its side with a beak and eyes added to it xD

Someone needs to play through a Pokemon game using only six Luvdiscs. :D Awful? Yes. But for the good of mankind, it needs to be done.

Its just a myth.

We don't actually use it as evidence.

Lets take the most well known example: The Luvdisc scene from Movie 9. We don't see that as evidence for Advanceshipping. Its just that out of the hundreds of Water Pokemon, the writers chose Luvdisc to be a part of that scene. Coupled with the music that was playing and the scene itself being rather unnecessary and pointless(Ash didn't have to be in that scene at all), its a solid hint, not in te Pokemon World itself but rather as a way of showing that the writers may like these 2 characters or they acknowledge the great love for that pairing and throw that scene in.

Maybe this should be moved to the Shippers' Paradise subforum?

Luvdisc, much like Rattata, Biddof, and Tentacool, is one of the most useless pokemon ever.

Shippers can find ANY two pokemon to make fall in love.

(Aw heck, Pidgeot and Espeon for crying out loud!)

Luvdisc is basically just a fish in form of a heart. That's not romantic. If you see a smelly, useless fish in form of a heart, would you fall in love with someone near you just because of that?Most shippers use ANYTHING to show character X is in love with character Z. Conclusion: Luvdisc is an useless novelty pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom