• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M05: Guardian Gods of the City of Water: Latias and Latios

RC821

Reaction score
One thing I liked about the movie other than the debut of Latios and Latias is the Japanese ending. The Japanese ending song reminded me of the Caucasus region (Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28XbAk225Cw

I wanted to start this post because it is the last movie before Ruby and Sapphire released on November 2002 and this forum post is an appreciation for this movie.

The movie was one of the saddest of all Pokemon movies
Hmm. In the credits you see Latias fly with two Latios, and Bianca did ask him (as the Soul Dew) to stay with them forever. Is that really sad? Same for Lucario reuniting with Aaron in the afterlife, despite the dramatic "sacrifice".

I find the Movie 1 ending to be the saddest, not because Ash was almost "gone", but rather because Mewtwo chose to live in isolation with the clones. The radio drama took this even further with Amber, Ambertwo (Mewtwo's innocence) and Miyamoto. In a way, the end of Mewtwo Returns gave Mewtwo an even sadder ending because he was no longer with the clones.

mm. In the credits you see Latias fly with two Latios, and Bianca did ask him (as the Soul Dew) to stay with them forever.
You're saying that she shouldn't be sad because she's got two replacements for her brother?

I'm saying that between those two Latios and the Soul Dew, the original Latios' fate is quite vague. Was there a resurrection of sorts? What if Latios can still communicate with Latias?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom