• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: M11: Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
10,769
Reaction score
1,339
I'm surprised a thread like this hasn't shown up yet, especially since we always have one for every other movie.

Anyways...according to PokeAni, the main pokemon in the second Diamond & Pearl movie will be revealed in the issue of CoroCoro comics that goes on sale December 15th. This could just be confirmation that Regigas is in the movie, or it could reveal another legendary in the movie (Shami/Shaymin?). OR, it could be a new Generation V pokemon.

Post any other news you find out about the movie here.
 

bell02+

when you need more, have+
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
2,978
Reaction score
0
LOL, there is a 99% chance that they will show Rejigigas (the 1% is the WTF chance that they pull a logic bomb), and a good enough chance they show shaymin. It's just that the set up is pretty darn obvious.

It's probably too early for a gen V pokemon to be revealed... hmm... when was Muchlax revealed? the second Advance movie? I guess it is possible to see a new pokemon, but I doubt it'll be revealed in that issue.
 

Misty

Hmm, that's a wonderful idea!
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
5,226
Reaction score
42
Yeah, it's much too early to be revealing a gen 5 Pokemon. Like the Celebi and Deoxys movies before it, I think this movie will stick to its generation (Munchlax doesn't count).
 

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
2
But Celebi revealed Kecleon, Wailmer, and Azurill in the Mini-Movie.
 

Tothenines

Registered User
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
28,862
Reaction score
154
Yeah, it's much too early to be revealing a gen 5 Pokemon. Like the Celebi and Deoxys movies before it, I think this movie will stick to its generation (Munchlax doesn't count).
Why doesn't Munchlax count? They could introduce a new minor 5th gen Pokemon, it doesn't have to be anything special.

Hell, we got Kecleon revealed waaaay back in the middle of Johto. What is the difference?
 

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
2
Then again, we still have 2 unrevealed Pokemon left in this Gen.

Kecleon and Munchlax were shown after all the 2nd and 3rd Pokemon were revealed respectively.

We still haven't got Shaymin, so this is probably it. I think it might be a little weird to reveal a 5th Gen prior to Arceus personally, although I don't think it's impossible.

If so, I still wouldn't expect it till a bit later down the line before the movie.
 

Every Breaking Wave

Religion is a club
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
5,342
Reaction score
40
Maybe the reason that D/P is progressing so slowly is because of the sheer number of legendaries that the writers have to cram into movies; D/P could have the most movies of any generation yet.
 

Jukain

Aka: Sceptile
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
5,860
Reaction score
812
Their pattern suggests they will show us something familiar first, and tell us the main part of the title in some teaser trailer. Then, after a while, the real trailer is revealed and the title is extended to include the name of whatever pokemon this movie is about.
 

Zeta

Bulbapædist
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
7,776
Reaction score
684
We'll probably get Shaymin and a fifth-gen baby in this movie.
 

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5
Hm, I very highly doubt there will be any Gen V Pokémon in this. I remember reading a Game Freak interview where they said they wanted to take a break after making Gen IV.

Besides, if Regigigas and Shaymin are in this, and the psychic trio is handled in the show, then we've still got Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, and Arceus to cover (I bet Phione will get an episode).
 

Tothenines

Registered User
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
28,862
Reaction score
154
I can't see the 4th gen getting more than 4 movies. The last AG movie featured a D/P legend, but I assume this time the last D/P movie will still feature D/P legends.

I can't see the 5th gen starting much later than 2010, considering the sales figures for D/P. If they know they can make that much money again in just 4 years time, why would they not take advantage of it?
 

cassius335

New Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
600
Reaction score
0
I can't see the 4th gen getting more than 4 movies. The last AG movie featured a D/P legend, but I assume this time the last D/P movie will still feature D/P legends.

I can't see the 5th gen starting much later than 2010, considering the sales figures for D/P. If they know they can make that much money again in just 4 years time, why would they not take advantage of it?
Maybe they're just burned out for now? And GenV will have to wait until they've got some fresh ideas?
 

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
10,769
Reaction score
1,339
Argy said:
I remember reading a Game Freak interview where they said they wanted to take a break after making Gen IV.
Do you have a link?

Also...break from what? Not making games that just use a ten-year-old formula with new characters plugged in?
 

Yotsuba

契約?
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
447
Reaction score
2
Maybe they really are running out of ideas? I mean seriously, I don't care how many dang legendaries we got this last game, they took four years. They definitely could've given us way more pokemon than they did.

I also understand people needing breaks but...this is their job! That's what they're paid for! Ok if they want a break for awhile, but something tells me the big dogs won't let it go for too long. It might be Japan, but they love money just as much as everyone else.

In regards to the main topic, I'm not getting my hopes up for Regigas. I have a strong feeling it'll be in the movie, but that doesn't mean jack. Didn't the ninth movie's original trailer focus more on Kyogre? Heck, the poster they originally released had Jackie and the stupid thing on it! Look where that went. <<
 

Blackjack Gabbiani

A black and white world
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
16,751
Reaction score
17
They should have a contest for a fan-made pokemon to get made official. It works for Digimon.

The closest I can think of to this in Pokemon is Marin, winner of the "Draw Pikachu's Friend" contest that Magical Pokemon Journey had in Japan. While never made an official pokemon, it got on the cover of the comic.

(on that note, it didn't have a credit in the English volume. Was Marin's creator credited in the Japanese edition?)
 

Yotsuba

契約?
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
447
Reaction score
2
(on that note, it didn't have a credit in the English volume. Was Marin's creator credited in the Japanese edition?)
I don't have the volume either, but I think it's pretty safe to say yes. The female manga-ka are especially known for their closeness to the fanbase, they yap about a lot of junk that has nothing to do with their stories.

If you have people talking about going to Tokyo Disney World, buying an official Harry Potter robe, how they LOVE PPG and other junk...something tells me that wouldn't be left out. ^^;
 

Blackjack Gabbiani

A black and white world
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
16,751
Reaction score
17
But this was on a cover, and the only note about it in English is a little tag saying that it's named Marin and it was the winner of a "Draw Pikachu's Friend" contest in Japan. I doubt Tsukirino mentioned the name of the winner in her side notes, since those were translated, as well as her afterthoughts and post-volume ramblings, and it's not mentioned in any of those.
 
Top