• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M11: Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin

Well, since we know most of those Pokemon have important roles in the movie, I figured Megayanma and Manmoo might as well.

Whether they do or not, I thought it was some interesting information to share since we know those two Pokemon will at least be in the movie.

Wow...Megayanma and Mamoswine, awesome! It would be cool if they have some sort of role like Lickilicky had in the 10th movie. Hopefully they could be like a movie character's or something.

question

Ok, I'm sure these thaughts have already been discussed on here but after back tracking 7 pages I'm going to bring them up again because they haven't been discussed in a while. Some are questions and some are speculation. Everyone feel free to respond to either though.

Speculation:
The Swinub that some are labeling as a new capture (in the preview that shows Gliscor) isn't necessarily Dawn's. We know that the area they are in is colder, and with Mamoswine grouped in with other important pokemon... I think Swinub is just a wild pokemon.

I also do not understand AT ALL why so many Pokemon are being crammed into one movie. Like I said, I havent payed attention to movie 11 details, but I understand how Giratina and Dialga work into the story, as well as the inevitable "Shaymin quells the fighting" but where does Regigigas work into the story? Besides tearing up flower fields?

1: Dawn reaching for Shaymin in the movie poster... Anyone think we are going to end up with Dawn being partnered with Shaymin?

2: Finally... I have an offtopic question that probably hasnt been discussed here. In the movie preview that followed the hourlong special in which Aipom evolved and Ambipom made its contest debut, there was a song played by a fiddle that showed the producers traveling. It sounded kind of familiar, so I was wondering: Is the song in the preview new, or is it old BGM?

It just seems weird that there would be one random wild Pokémon standing with the group shot from what looks like the beginning of the movie.

EDIT: Found some pictures of upcoming TOMY merchandise.

"Action Control" Giratina. It has lights and sounds, and it moves.

Oversize Hyper (Ultra) Ball. Notice in the lower right the big question mark with a space for a "new Pokémon" figure coming out in July.

Plushies and figures and more references to the "new Pokémon."

Not too sure what this does, looks like it moves around in a bunch of different ways. Anyway, it's a Pikachu.

Some kinda Pikachu molestation...

Looks like it has a motion detector. This is demonstrating Volt Tackle. You make the movements and Pikachu makes the appropriate noise.

Of course, there is a Pochama one, too.

Talking Shaymin plushie. It says, "Arigatou deshu" and something else that I can't read because it's kanji

More Shaymin plushies.

Last edited:
So, the new Pokemon is definitely going to be showcased in this movie.

I'm going to quit from Pokemon upon its revelation.

It would be hard to believe a 5th gen Pokemon will be debuted here, I still think its a regular 4th gen Pokemon we haven't seen yet.

It would be hard to believe a 5th gen Pokemon will be debuted here, I still think its a regular 4th gen Pokemon we haven't seen yet.

The 2nd AG movie debuted a 4th gen Pokemon (Gonbe). Why is it so hard to believe that the second DP movie will debut a 5th gen Pokemon?

Ok, I'm sure these thaughts have already been discussed on here but after back tracking 7 pages I'm going to bring them up again because they haven't been discussed in a while. Some are questions and some are speculation. Everyone feel free to respond to either though.

Speculation:
The Swinub that some are labeling as a new capture (in the preview that shows Gliscor) isn't necessarily Dawn's. We know that the area they are in is colder, and with Mamoswine grouped in with other important pokemon... I think Swinub is just a wild pokemon.

I also do not understand AT ALL why so many Pokemon are being crammed into one movie. Like I said, I havent payed attention to movie 11 details, but I understand how Giratina and Dialga work into the story, as well as the inevitable "Shaymin quells the fighting" but where does Regigigas work into the story? Besides tearing up flower fields?

1: Dawn reaching for Shaymin in the movie poster... Anyone think we are going to end up with Dawn being partnered with Shaymin?

2: Finally... I have an offtopic question that probably hasnt been discussed here. In the movie preview that followed the hourlong special in which Aipom evolved and Ambipom made its contest debut, there was a song played by a fiddle that showed the producers traveling. It sounded kind of familiar, so I was wondering: Is the song in the preview new, or is it old BGM?

It could be shaymin who brings regigigas to stop the fighting.
At least in my opinion~

I'm going to quit from Pokemon upon its revelation.
You think anyone is upset with that Maxim?

tt04.jpg

That kills the theory of Regigigas being that "?" on that other toy ad...I wonder if this month's CoroCoro will give us a silouhette, or will they just reveal it first unshadowed like with Munchlax (the May issue of the CoroCoro prior to Movie 7)

Call me nerdy, but I'm giggly upon the prospect of a new Pokemon. :)

But hey, Regigigas is DANCING in that one pic!

Last edited:
Probably not since it says "New Pokemon", but I guess that is possible too.

I can't really see who it could be, unless we have Shaymin SUPER MODE!

Probably not since it says "New Pokemon", but I guess that is possible too.

I can't really see who it could be, unless we have Shaymin SUPER MODE!

behind regigigas big plushie is that "new pokemon B"???

The "new" Pokemon is so obviously going to be Arceus.

Edit on above comment: Never mind, didn't see the July part.

But those Shaymin dolls are HIDEOUS! I thought it was cute, but those dolls look like something out of Silent Hill!

Also, I want that Ultra Ball. I hope it's released in the US.

Although Maxim's opinion is no doubt radical, it does appear to me that revealing a new Pokémon before the next Generation IV installment is announced, would spell an ominous future for the franchise. Bear in mind that in previous generations, by the time a next-generation Pokémon was unveiled, at least one add-on game had been released (Blue in Generation I; Crystal in Generation II; FireRed and LeafGreen in Generation III).

However, if the showcasing coincided (roughly or exactly) with the announcement of an upcoming game release, the exact opposite would hold true - some interesting possibilities would become feasibly conceivable.

I hope I am not the only one who looks for more depth in these games than just an endless cycle of spawning new critters. My worst fear is that Game Freak has become comfortable with focusing almost entirely on creating new Pokémon and calling the rest of the development a day. Relegating remakes and third games to the bottom of the priority list would turn that fear into a reality. Therefore, it is highly important that a new Pokémon be revealed only after the next installment for this generation is announced.

I can't see why they would be releasing fifth gen Pokémon when they still have yet to release the add-on game for the forth generation either =/

What we have here might be Giratina's Second Form...called 'Another'

pokeymanzstickers.jpg

These stickers came in Coro Coro...they have Giratina, then Origin Form...then this 'Another' Form. The only thing that's different is the wings though.

Could this be the ?

EDIT: So, Bulbapedia says Another Form is the Giratina we see in the game..but I disagree with that...the wings are different. D:

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom