• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M11: Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin

The writers don't remember anything. The Regis returning for Regigigas would be a miracle. Plus, they probably won't follow the games. Shaymin probably trapped Regigigas or something, and it has become weak (like with Celebi), and now Regigigas has escaped. Or something to that affect. We all come up with great plots, but the movies never reflect anything that great.

The thing I hate is how the movies have so much potential, but never fully take advantage of anything about the Pokemon. Deoxys was supposed to be the result of a laser and space virus - there was so much potential there to make something more. They could had done something better with Celebi and time traveling, and Mew with being the supposed origin of all Pokemon. Instead, we get very basic "present" plots that do not try to dive into the world of Pokemon and make things interesting... probably because that requires collaboration among the various writers to make the stories straight (there being two Mew was totally bad, IMO, even though there used to be a ton and they all died out - next thing you know, there will be two real Mewtwo). We just get a "Oh, Ash is in this place, and this situation is coincidentally going on at the same time." Even Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai seemed pretty basic. Give us something new and unexpected already, writers! We've waited 10 years!

Which begs the question if Brandon will reappear, since he's the only person to "bring together all three", if I may quote the second movie.

Some of the location featurettes on the site showed snowy locations they visited in Scandinavia, so....

"A body of Rock.

A body of Ice.

A body of Steel.

When gathers the three Pokémon, the king shall appear."

I daresay Brandon reappearing with them is not outside the realm of possibility.

Eh, I don't really think Brandon should be in this. Bringing in a character who originated in a game like Emerald into a D/P movie seems rather jarring. He's not an important enough character in the anime world to warrent an inclusion despite the fact that he has the old Regi's.

Not to mention Movie 11 will be airing nearly 2 years after the end of Battle Frontier. Going into 2 years into the past to bring back a character most people will barely remember by then is rather pointless.

But then again these are the same writers who brought Lance back in AG and put him in an arc where he didn't belong, so who knows what they'll do. <_<

The writers have shown time and time again they DO remember stuff. Do you honestly think WPM the writers actually forget episode only a year or so back? They don't. They just don't choose to use it for any other reason.

Scott, would you rather have a random filler character who just happens to also have a complete set of Regis instead of continuity?

And besides, nobody has to even remember him. Simply bill his appearance as attempting to finish his collection by capturing Regigigas, and it'll work fine.

The writers have shown time and time again they DO remember stuff. Do you honestly think WPM the writers actually forget episode only a year or so back? They don't. They just don't choose to use it for any other reason.

They did remember quite a few details from Destiny Deoxys for the Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!! arc, as an example.

Well, like I said, it seems to work for Digimon. I'd imagine it would be similar for any other Japan-based franchises. Which would probably mean that any such contest would be Japan-only, but even so, that's millions of fans.

There's been a ton of such contests for the Mega Man franchise, and those even extended to the US. Knight Man and... Wind Man? from Mega Man 6 were both designed by American kids.

Wait, when was it said that the Mew "all died out"? I seem to remember a theory that they could just be hiding, but I can't remember where it's from.

With that radio CD, there was a backstory that said Mew came to Earth in a group forever ago, and they all died out or something happened to them. I read it on that one high-quality Mewtwo Radio Drama site a couple of years ago. I always used to think they evolved into the different species that are out there today.

I daresay Brandon reappearing with them is not outside the realm of possibility.
Wait, I'm confused. Why does everyone keep talking about Brandon? What does he have to do with anything? Also, the Regis already made two appearances, so I don't think we will be seeing them again. The movies have never really followed the games.

No, I honestly do not believe that. I was being sarcastic in saying that they forget things because they hardly ever make references to the past. Thus, it seems as if they have, but they just choose not to.

This is my theory for the movie. :p You know that glacier they visit on the movie website? I think Regigigas is sealed inside of it, and because of global warming, it is melting away. Shaymin must save the day by sealing it under the ground with its nature power, but because of the pollution going on, it is weak (like Celebi). So, they fight... or something.

At least it could be a plot. :p I honestly don't know what they can do with Shaymin, other than making it have powers that control nature and whatnot. Otherwise, you could use it as a soccer ball.

Brandon is being talked about because he possesses all three Regis, the key to awakening Regigigas, and was promoted as a significant character last time.

That said, your plot isn't half bad, WPM :|

It isn't? :D Then I'll expand.

A long time ago, the gigantic Regigigas was sealed away (I would say here that it was because it was evil, but Pokemon aren't evil anymore, so if it was sealed away, it will be due to a "misunderstanding" or "lack of communication" or being "treated badly"). Perhaps Shaymin was involved in doing it, perhaps not, perhaps Gigas was abandoned and fell in it... who knows. Maybe it's from the ice age. Regigigas doesn't seem to have a head, so either it is a total golem, or it talks telepathically, or it is just like the Regis were in Lucario.

Due to the current day global warming, or the changing climate (if this was my movie, this is exactly how I would do it), the glacier has begun to melt away. Regigigas then escapes and terrorizes everyone because of whatever reason. Shaymin, who is hiding or something, must help to put it back where it came from. After all, if it turns out to be good, what are they going to do with it? Let it roam around? Maybe Shaymin helps it go back to sleep. BUT, the pollution that has lead to the global warming has also hurt Shaymin (will a grass legendary ever be strong?), or maybe not, but whatever. Just random theories. Shaymin obviously will have some aspect to it that none of us will be able to predict, so it will somehow relate to Regigigas.

Of course, we don't even know if Shaymin is in the movie. :p

Also, no one I have seen has ever predicted what a Pokemon movie will be about, so expect the above to be completely wrong.

Oh, I see why you were talking about Brandon. Heh, I guess it's possible, but I seriously, seriously doubt it. Unless the third game has a Battle Frontier type thing and Brandon is apart of it for some reason, I don't see it happening.

EDIT @ Habupachi-Sensei: I did an extended essay on global warming, so that's why I am all enviornment-y.

I would suggest you give it a little more work and sell (meaning: give) me the rights to it, and I'll write a fic out of it. ;)

Brandon is being talked about because he possesses all three Regis, the key to awakening Regigigas, and was promoted as a significant character last time.

That said, your plot isn't half bad, WPM :|
Wait a minute, someone CAUGHT the Regi's? Dude! Trainers aren't supposed to catch legendaries, that's breaking the rules >_>

Wait a minute, someone CAUGHT the Regi's? Dude! Trainers aren't supposed to catch legendaries, that's breaking the rules >_>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

He's Brandon. He can do what he wants, including capturing Legendaries.

(Pikachu beating Regice, however, is another story.)

The Regi's that Brandon had weren't all that strong.

Torkoal nearly defeated Registeel.

Really, only the Shamouti Birds are prohibited. The rest are fair game. Heck, in movie 4, the Marauder would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for his grandstanding.
That was both Movie 2 and 4's message though, Legendary Pokémon have a place in nature and you're not to disturb it.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom