• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M11: Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin

ps20080706_06.jpg

I'm still wondering what role Golgo-shochou will voice. o.o

EDIT:
I just found this scan in 2ch which seems to interview a staff member, Hideki Sonoda, of the movie:
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/5614/image02pitastfbfghnx3.jpg

I don't know where it was scanned from.

The bulbawikis are giving me database errors right now, so I couldn't look him up there, but I believe I have read his name somewhere before.

Last edited:
Is anyone else super excited for this soundtrack? The music sounds intense in a non-demonic-rock sounding way (like the Darkrai music kind of sounded).

New trailers have aired this week on TV Tokyo. They aren't on the movie website yet, so all I have is some rather crappy TV recordings:
http://www.filb.de/856#weiterlesen

I hope they will be added to the movie website today or tomorrow or so. :<

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the video's Nyoo. The first one has great mechandise and in the second one it looks lime Giratina is going to eat Ash. Its also great seeing Regigigas in the third one and Giratina is giant.It's funny at the end with Shaymin and Mewoth. It's probably saying dont steal that water. Thanks again! :)

I want that Giratina figure on the far right so bad. I hope it'll be less than $80 to import because things that size normally run around $150. ಥ_ಥ

That glacier is going to melt, threaten to destroy the town in the movie, and Regigigas and the Mamoswine will help. It's melting because of some oddity happening in the Reverse World caused by Zero hurting nature / Shaymin or something.

/theory

EDIT: Did I mention this movie looks incredibly interesting? It looks so much better than any other movie's trailers, so maybe the movie itself is awesome. They knew they would be competing with Ponyo, so they probably HAVE to make it good.

They knew they would be competing with Ponyo, so they probably HAVE to make it good.
Though the release date for that Ghibli movie wasn't announced until March 2008 or so.

Yeah I want that Giratina figure too, also why is there coke there?
At 7-Eleven they sell some toys attached to the necks of beverage bottles, including , but not limited to, coca-cola.
Last year those toys were 13 Kaiyodo figures of the movie star Pokémon of the first 10 Pokémon movies. Some of them were sold in previous years while movies 7-9, but there were some new ones, too.
This year it's just those racing thingies with Pokémon characters from movie 11.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me what zoey and that mode woman with the glasses are telling dawn?
She is clearly doing something wrong,and realizes what she is doing wrong in the episode.

You're in the wrong thread, this is the movie thread. I think you're looking for the DP 86 review thread. ^^;

This person who saw the movie in advance (see this thread) said that the intro scene shows a battle between the male protagonists of DPP and RSE.

That would be nice if that is true. The fellow has zero screentime currently. As for Brendan, that would be his third appearance. Perhaps this time he is in his Emerald outfit?

Edit: If just finished watching the 4 lasst trailers, it doesn't look like Regigigas is going to do much in the this movie.

Last edited:
It seem's as Regigigas almost had a smaller role then Kyorgre by only waking up and stoping an Iceburg. Personally I think the guy is wrong, this movie sound's way better then movie 10 which is also a great movie. I think that Diagla, Palkia, Arceus and a fifth generation Pokemon will be in movie 12 but I don't know what to think about Giratina. Also are you telling me that they just said Pocket Monsters Platinum. I guess we will get our first information in December!

I was hoping that by the end of the movie Shaymin would have learned that it could fend for itself in its normal state (as Land Forme). Instead, it was just established that the superior Sky Forme's achilles heel is not being able to remain in its heightened state in cold weather or at night. In other words, for Shaymin to appear as Land Forme is "bad". I think that Shaymin's Aromatherapy and air-cleansing ability were only used when it appeared as Land Forme, but it does not seem to have been stated that Sky Forme was incapable of doing the same.

I hope that Game Freak won't follow suit by attributing a higher base stat total to Sky Forme in Platinum. It is one thing for Sky Forme to be perceived as stronger for its appearance, ability and possibly more appealing stat distribution, but at the end of the day, it should be on-par with its sibling at least as on a neutral scale (inasmuch as, say, the seven Eeveelutions are all equal). The movie took it too far.

If the summary posted on Serebii is accurate, Infi didn't get to do jack the entire movie. Why introduce the concept of androids if you're just going to have them stand around? Why put one on your POSTER (posing dramatically no less) if they have no bearing on the plot?

And I'm disappointed in Zero. Can't they write unique villians any more? The description makes him sound like so much stock.

So I'm totally not going to be able to watch this movie. I have some friends coming in from out-of-town who are about to leave the country forever, so I feel like I should spend time with them rather than ditch them to watch a movie that I know I'm going to buy on DVD later this year anyway. And I leave for the States on Tuesday, and by the time I get back to Japan, the movie will probably have been removed from circulation. Oh well.

I'm interested to see how this movie will be able to beat the new Miyazaki Hayao movie that's also opening up tomorrow. I don't think it's too likely; I've seen WAY more advertisements/buzz/public interest in Miyazaki's newest film than I have with the new Pocket Monsters movie.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom