• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M11: Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin

I really don't think it's alternate form of any other Pokemon. If so, it would be wrong to call it "new Pokemon". It's either Arceus or an entirely new Pokemon. I really think it would be odd to reveal both Arceus and Shaymin in one movie. Who will be the star of the next movie? Cresselia and Heatran are too uninteresting to get their own movie. I think the Pixies will appear in the anime only as well.

I think the only plausible answer is that the mystery Pokemon is a 5th gen, one that is probably basic to, like many people posted before, provide comic relief or just appear in the background.

Having Giratina, Shaymin, Dialga, Regigigas AND Arceus in one movie would be too much. And having Arceus appear as a cameo would be a waste...

Arceus will be obviously the Movie 12 star. For marketing purposes. So that it can be given out then as well. That means that we probably have to do with two whole new monsters. Well, that drives me to a lot of thoughts. If a Generation V Pokemon is confirmed, it means that the respective games are being made as well, which pretty much confirms the existance of the next Nintendo Handheld. :p

Anyway, I suppose that by Tuesday with the new CoroCoro, we'll probably have at least silluates. And that's not bad.

No need for rudeness. What would be the point of a new generation? Just so we can see Ash doing the same thing again? Plus this show has been going for too long, it needs to end.

So, there ARE people that believe the Pokemon Anime is the main thing of the franchise.

So, there ARE people that believe the Pokemon Anime is the main thing of the franchise.

It took you that long to notice? To me, weather the anime, games, manga or even the TCG came first or after, they are all importent, and pokemon wouldn't be the same if we lost one of them.

It took you that long to notice? To me, weather the anime, games, manga or even the TCG came first or after, they are all importent, and pokemon wouldn't be the same if we lost one of them.

And I would agree. But the Anime is pointless to what it ended up being. I would prefer it if manga was turned into and Anime and replaced the current one. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people would. :p Not gonna happen though. Still, something refreshing, like a whole new one would be MUCH better. And either way. Anime is not gonna stop. EVER. At least as long as Pokemon Games are still being released, which means like... forever. :p

No need for rudeness. What would be the point of a new generation? Just so we can see Ash doing the same thing again? Plus this show has been going for too long, it needs to end.

There's no need for stupidity as well. Ash has been "doing the same thing" across 4 lands. Why stop now? D/P literally revived the Pokemon franchise around the world.

No need for rudeness.
Sorry but you seemed to portray your statement as fact. o_O

What would be the point of a new generation? Just so we can see Ash doing the same thing again? Plus this show has been going for too long, it needs to end.
If nothing else, money? Keeping the developers, the Pokémon Company and Creatures employees busy?

Not that those are the primary reasons I see, but those seem pretty obvious.

Yeah.

I mean, I don't see any reason for Gamefreak to quit when the franchise is still strong and by the time Gen 5 comes out (in 4 years) there will be new fans too.

Alot of people seem to think there aren't new fans being made every day or something. :p

I still highly doubt we'll be seeing any new Pokemon a whole year prior to the last 4th Generation Pokemon being revealed...

I mean, there's always the possibility of breaking precedent (and quite a bit of logic, too), but it's really more likely to be a new form of something else. (Or, at a push, an early reveal for Arceus - maybe revealed at the end of the 11th movie in preparation for the 12th?)

Also, any talk of Pokemon ceasing is ridiculous. It's one of the best selling videogame franchises in the world - everyone involved would either REALLY be desperate to be out of a job or just completely insane to stop propelling that. Pokemon will continue until the day the franchise no longer makes (oodles of) money. And since it's doing a very bang-up job of that right now, it's not going to be any time soon.

Gonbe was introduced long before the end of Advanced Generation with two more movies coming after its appearance in movie 7. I don't see how this wouldn't happen again.

Even though it is a pre-evolution to Kabigon, I see it as a new Pokémon. I wouldn't be sure that a new Pokémon now has to be a(n) (pre-)evolution to an existing Pokémon.

As I've said before (a few times), Munchlax was revealed after every Pokemon in the Generation prior to it had been revealed. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to be advertising the next Generation of Pokemon before they've even finished with the current lot.

It should also be noted that when Munchlax was revealed for Movie 7, the final main game in the AG series was announced to be released months after the movie - whereas we still have a possible G/S remake to come as well as the third game to D/P. It's a completely different situation.

We've never had this many event Pokemon before either, so we can't exactly go by patterns.

Munchlax felt like a 3rd Gen by the time DP came out though. :p

We've never had this many event Pokemon before either, so we can't exactly go by patterns.

Munchlax felt like a 3rd Gen by the time DP came out though. :p

I'm not just going by patterns though (which I'm the first to say would be daft as they're easily broken), there's also the simple logic of marketing too. Why advertise a new generation of games before you've even gotten half-way through the current one? I doubt anyone's actually tripping over themselves for new Pokemon anyway considering the games haven't even been out in all three main territories worldwide for a year yet.

I don't think showing a new Pokemon either that will likely play a tiny role will affect how well DP's 3rd Game will do either.

It'll just give the fans something to look towards to. Who knows, maybe they can have the Pokemon incorporated into Game 3 in a way to how Bonsly was playable but uncatchable in XD (like if the Battle Frontier returns, have it a special rental Pokemon).

I seriously doubt it will diminish Arceus either, because if Munchlax hypothetically was revealed before Deoxys do you think people would've said "Ah fuck Deoxys, I've got this REALLY COOL Munchlax!"

Well, like I said, there is the possibility of it - but I see it as a difficult one to comprehend at best. Especially since it'd be years before it ever actually appears in-game. Hell, you'd have to put it right up there with Ho-oh in the distance between first appearance and actual game appearance.

Huh?

It's about the same time after RS that Munchlax came out.

Probably be 4 years like usual.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom