• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M11: Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin

I doubt anyone's actually tripping over themselves for new Pokemon anyway considering the games haven't even been out in all three main territories worldwide for a year yet.
I don't see how what happens outside of Japan is relevant to this. Care to explain? o.o

And I would agree. But the Anime is pointless to what it ended up being. I would prefer it if manga was turned into and Anime and replaced the current one. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people would. :p Not gonna happen though. Still, something refreshing, like a whole new one would be MUCH better. And either way. Anime is not gonna stop. EVER. At least as long as Pokemon Games are still being released, which means like... forever. :p

Eh. I'm sure other people would be allowed to watch it, but if they turned the Manga into an anime I wouldn't be allowed to watch it. (Adult Swim much?)

What the fuck.

Do people seriously belive the manga version (and I presume you're talking about Special) is anywhere near Adult Swim level?

Eh. It's what I've heard. Couldn't tell you for sure, having never really read it. But I heard some fans talking about the Manga becoming an anime once, and they never metioned it being on anything other then adult swim. The worst I've seen as far as gross humor goes is some guy getting hit in the crotch with a pokeball (In DP Adventures, and that's not even special), really not that bad to me, but I don't know if there is worse.

Um. No.

At worst, a Pokémon Special anime adaptation could probably be compared to Naruto in terms of offensive content. Possibly more than the current anime, but nowhere near Adult Swim levels.

Eh. I'm sure other people would be allowed to watch it, but if they turned the Manga into an anime I wouldn't be allowed to watch it. (Adult Swim much?)

That would entirely depend on which manga that was. Ono's possibly, what with the giant hooters (and incredibly grim intro to movie 1 that was better than the one in the actual movie). And certainly the Pocket Monsters one (you know, the so-called "scary Clefairy" one) would be the Pokemon version of Shin Chan. But the rest of them, Special included, would be easy to put on. It's no more violent than, say, Digimon Tamers (which, if you recall, had a character die from being impaled), and that was shown on children's programming just fine.

There's going to be some news about the movie on the 4/20 episode of Pokémon Sunday. I don't have any other details, sorry.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Here are two pictures of the preview:
ps20080413_08.jpg
ps20080413_09.jpg

I think Tuesday will be the big day of this month as that's when the next part of the story outline will be available on the movie website and also Coro Coro will be released, possibly having something about the new Pokémon.

Last edited:
I don't see how what happens outside of Japan is relevant to this. Care to explain? o.o

I was just saying, I doubt there's many people out there dying for new Pokemon already when we've only just gotten the 4th Generation going. Plus, it'd just make the wait for the next generation drag on even longer by focusing on that rather than focusing on what we've still got to come with this one.

Seriously, would anyone actually be that interested in any new Pokemon revealed right now when we've barely had a chance to get used to the ones we already have? Not to mention barely gotten over the hype of D/P's run-up...

I think Tuesday will be the big day of this month as that's when the next part of the story outline will be available on the movie website and also Coro Coro will be released, possibly having something about the new Pokémon.
Don't you follow blue skY's blog religiously? He may not have uploaded scans this time, but he has covered what little news there is in the issue: no new Pokémon has been revealed. There is an updated movie story outline, but it seems to mostly comprise of previously known information. The real solid piece of news is this.

moa said:
this site is saing something about new pokemon and games, but im not able to "comput"...
A previous blog post referred to the many rumors that have surfaced regarding Game Freak's next installment. The first of which pertains to the third game, stating that it will be released by the end of 2008 in keeping with the four-year-gap pattern (Blue, the first third game in Generation I, was released in 1996; Crystal was released in 2000; Emerald was released in 2004).

It was also thought that this CoroCoro would serve as confirmation of the Gold and Silver remakes, but that turned out to be false. Now the poster is of the belief that next month's issue will carry the announcement. There also remains another rumor about the remakes being playable at the E3 event.

I am pointing all of this out because in contrast to the above, the blog doesn't pay special attention to the new Pokémon rumor or evidence thereof. It is mentioned, but the poster stresses that the game-related news is most likely to be carried out first. How sensible of him.

There is an updated movie story outline, but it seems to mostly comprise of previously known information.

dunno if this has been posted, but here's how the 2nd part of the story goes:

Shaymin appears before Ash and co. But it seems to have lost its composure. Through telepathy, Shaymin tells them that Giratina is in a rage and has been chasing it. Shaymin got accidentally involved into the battle between Giratina and Dialga, and it managed to use Seed Flare to defend its body and eventually escape. But Dialga also succeeded in escaping due to Shaymin's Seed Flare. And that is why Giratina began to pursue it.

Don't you follow blue skY's blog religiously? He may not have uploaded scans this time, but he has covered what little news there is in the issue: no new Pokémon has been revealed. There is an updated movie story outline, but it seems to mostly comprise of previously known information. The real solid piece of news is this.
I do follow it, but I only rely on automatic translations of Japanese and I didn't understand much out of the latest post. Also, I read those rumors he was posting lately and thought I should be more careful about what I read on his blog because of this.

What's that red thing on the right in the first picture? Some people are assuming that's a new Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom