• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M13: Zoroark: Master of Illusions

Aww, the part where Zoroark "died" was actually pretty sad.
Then I realized how in almost every Pokemon movie, the main Pokemon almost dies, and is brought back to life. T_T

But this is actually a pretty good movie. I originally was gonna watch it just to see how corny it'd be, but it's actually not bad at all. xD

Are you sure Zoroark is not Zorua's mother? I've watched the Japanese movie but with subtitles and he calls her Ma, which is short for mother.

Also me ma, is a localism in Britain for mother. It's a Northern English accent. Me Ma, (mum) Me Da, (Dad) etc. And they refer to eachother as OUR followed by the persons name. So when refering to me slapping your mother for example if you were from North England you'd say "Our Riku has only gone and slapped me ma" Me ma means mother in North English slang/accent/localisms

Are you sure Zoroark is not Zorua's mother? I've watched the Japanese movie but with subtitles and he calls her Ma, which is short for mother.

Also me ma, is a localism in Britain for mother. It's a Northern English accent. Me Ma, (mum) Me Da, (Dad) etc. And they refer to eachother as OUR followed by the persons name. So when refering to me slapping your mother for example if you were from North England you'd say "Our Riku has only gone and slapped me ma" Me ma means mother in North English slang/accent/localisms

No World of Pokemon segment, and no explanation of what in the world is going on, either. Mima? Lol, fox tail Ash. "Who's that pokemon?" "I'm clueless." Wow, James doesn't know a pokemon. Fox tail Brock. And now fox tail Dawn. Lol, Ash trying to be a pokemon. Her hair looks better down. Dag. You don't mess with Celebi's power. Then get going, you idiots. All of these moments with the group would've meant more if they didn't happen this late. Did the bad guy just...win? o.o Huh? Zoroark bought them time. White...trees...Their home is the White Forest? Hahaha. Insult to injury. "We promise we'll visit you in your region."

This was an...ok movie. Not the best by far, but still interesting.

The movie is over 15 minutes before 9:00 PM EST.

You know what? Cartoon Network fast-forwarded through the credits which featured important characters like the DP rivals, gym leaders, Elite Four, Cynthia, and Palmer. They have done this with every movie thus far, because in their view, "people don't care about the credits."

Even with the time they used for the commercials, Cartoon Network still finished the movie with an extra 15 minutes left to go. That's more than enough time for Cartoon Network to have aired the first parts of the movie, and yet Cartoon Network decided to use this pre-empted time to show an episode of Adventure Time?

That's sad, so sad...

Wow, we didn't get to see the closing. No Pokemon Baccer for us I guess.

Instead we get Adventure Time. Better than it I guess. */ sarcasm

What was gained by cutting out the beginning of the film? Airing an episode of Adventure Time? Wow.

But I did get a sadistic kick seeing Kodai sitting on the ground outside the stadium, defeated. And hearing Zorroark roar.
Too bad, we could have learned Raimon City's English name [Raimon Legends, anyone?)

Well its not outta question. I just think "Mema" and "Maa" are his nicknames for his friend.

I wanna catch me a Zorua. I really don't care for Zoroark if I do get it Ill nickname it "Mema".

Last edited:
I'd be better off watching the Japanese version, this way way too rushed :-( Well I'm going to watch the runawayguys now

I did not expect Zoroark's illusion at the end to stop Kodai, that was pretty cool. guess that's why she's a master.

Last edited:
I am really mad. They canceled the first ten minutes of the movie so we could watch a rerun of Adventure Time. They also ran a commercial through the epilogue/credits. Awesome movie, but with horrible edits.

That's more than enough time for Cartoon Network to have aired the first parts of the movie, and yet Cartoon Network decided to use this pre-empted time to show an episode of Adventure Time?

Yeah, I love Adventure time and all but, I could've gone without seeing it for today. :/

Damnit. Cartoon Network just fast-forwarded through the credits. They still had some time too, but instead we get Adventure Time. i also wanted to see the intro too.

I also lol'd at Zorua's "tee-hee." xD

I gotta kick outta Zorua tranforming and his laugh.

BTW shouldnt his name be "Zoroa" but Bulbapedia has it listed as "Zorua"

ゾ-Zo
ロ-ro I just looked at his name for a minuted and caught that mistake.
ア-a

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom