• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M13: Zoroark: Master of Illusions

First why did the B/w Preview say 8/7 c it airs at 9/8 c

and cn used the cuts to get cheap ratings for adventure time!! its bs'

First why did the B/w Preview say 8/7 c it airs at 9/8 c

and cn used the cuts to get cheap ratings for adventure time!! its bs'

Wow, we lucked out, huh?
We didn't get to see the Pokemon world segment, so the movie literally started right away, it began with the title screen showing up.
And the beginning was fine, but the movie plot isn't that fast, so it's kinda slow. But then when the plot does get to start, there are previews every 7 minutes. You completely don't even feel anything because there's a damn commercial after something big happens.
And haha, wow, we don't even get to see the big DP send off..for Adventure Time.
Cartoon Network blows.
At least there were some good BW tv spots.

Last edited:
Paul was the only reason why I even suffered through this movie. And the fact that CN decided to fast forward through the ending like it was nothing irritates me to no end.

The movie was decent. I didn't facevault throughout the entire thing, but I felt apathetic toward the plot. I thought that Kodai's motives for wanting power were really shallow...I couldn't sympathize with him, or even hate him for it. He was a pretty sorry excuse for an antagonist.

Side characters bored me to tears. If you're a journalist, could you show an iota of personality? Some special quirk? Stock old man and old lady characters...Rowena was funny at some parts, but was largely inactive.

The one thing that I liked about this movie were the interactions between Zorua and Zoroark. I think that Zorua's determination and love for its surrogate mother was really touching, and I can definitely see a back story behind it...too bad they never really explained it in the dub ._.;

So sue me, I'm a sucker for cutesy stuff!

Are you sure Zoroark is not Zorua's mother? I've watched the Japanese movie but with subtitles and he calls her Ma, which is short for mother.

It's short for Nakama. No idea what Mema is supposed to mean.

I gotta kick outta Zorua tranforming and his laugh.

BTW shouldnt his name be "Zoroa" but Bulbapedia has it listed as "Zorua"

ゾ-Zo
ロ-ro I just looked at his name for a minuted n caught that mistake.
ア-a

Zorua is the romanization Japan gave it. Why? Who knows.

If "Adventure Time" was so important to CN, couldn't they have trimmed down the Shaymin movie instead?

ゾ-Zo
ア-a
Nope. http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/zorua/

I just finished watching what CN cut (Edited "bad no nos" out). It explains pretty much everything I didn't understand, Why they cut that out I don't understand. They started it from the title screen while the credits for the Giratina movie where still running and then milked every chance they could to throw advertisements in, which makes sense. I just don't get why they didn't show the first 10 mins for a silly Adventure time cartoon. I would have fit. W/e, I'm sure the opening will be on the DVD, hopefully.

The movie was good. certainly one of the better ones. Anyone notice the main bad guy's hair is based off Garchomp? I thought that was kinda neat.

Last edited:
I thought that there were 2 Zorua at first, the one that was trapped in the cage in the beginning before Zoroark transformed into the Beasts and the one that was with Ash and co. I didn't know that it was the same Zorua. I don't see why CN had to cut things out of the movie just to show a show that they rerun to death anyway.

BTW I have to give TPCi props for pronouncing Raikou correctly, something 4Kids never did.

Guys, calm down! So they cut out the intro just for TV? Just wait until the DVD release to see them.

BTW, has anyone been on that Pokemon BW tour? Maybe someone who has can confirm that CN only cut those scenes out for TV.

Seriously, there's nothing to be that upset about.

The cut is just for CN.

ゾ-Zo
ア-a

Official trademark. Look at some others: Lanculus vs Rankurusu.

I never watched the raw version of this film, but it's depressing that they cut the beginning and fast forwarded through the credits. Talk about a tease.

I only half-payed attention during the first half of the movie, but from what I saw I thought it was pretty interesting.

Kodai has to be one of the most sadistic villains in a Pokémon movie; I don't remember previous antagonists being so physically violent.

Countless times I wanted to say, "Celebi, stop being so useless!" while watching the movie. For a Pokémon that can manipulate time, it was pretty weak.

Zorua reminded me of Shaymin minus the attitude. Thank goodness it could somewhat fight to make up for Celebi.

Zoroark putting up a fight against Entei, Suicune, and Raikou seemed unrealistic, though. I guess its adrenaline kicked into overdrive or something.

Zorua crying over Zoroark's "dead" body actually made me sad. As much as I liked it, Zoroark dying would have been more preferable. I know it sounds horrible, but I think it would have had a more emotional effect on me.

The foreshadowing at the end was nice. It really made me think, "Wow, DP's done for good." This movie certainly has a bittersweet feel to it.

Overall, this movie had a strange vibe to it. There wasn't really an epic battle scene, and none of the protagonists stepped up and took the hero role. I don't know if that's good or bad, but in the end I liked this movie quite well.

EDIT: And CN needs to learn when to cue commercial breaks. As soon as I start getting emotional when Zoroark "dies", an Adventure Time commercial comes out of nowhere.

EDIT #2: Oh, and was Kodai giving Mismagius the wrong command? He told it to use Psywave but I could have sworn it was using Psybeam.

Last edited:
I have to say I always look forward to seeing a ton of legendary Pokemon in the beginning of movies, so cutting it was kind of sad. Even though, I thought it was really good. When Zoroark was trapped in the cage, I kept saying "turning into something big, like a groudon!"

Kodai has to be one of the most sadistic villains in a Pokémon movie;

I agree, he's quite heartless. I mean, most of the villains we've seen so far have actually been sympathetic to pokemon...in some odd way or another. He just seems to be a power-mongering fool.

Countless times I wanted to say, "Celebi, stop being so useless!" while watching the movie. For a Pokémon that can manipulate time, it was pretty weak.

Oh god, yes, yes, a million times yes! I mean, if only it could have energy balled Kodai's ass when it first saw him, none of this would have happened.

How many times has Ash seen celebi? I bet you this was the first time that Celebi saw him, and then, it went back in to the past (during the 4th movie) and met up with him for the second time...mind screw.

Last edited:
I thought the purple haired girl would've done more with a design like that. And the reporter she shouldve done more,"Sorry Kodai for Double Crossing you, it's just that paycheck, forget about it." she made me laugh though. Glad Zoroa was able to put up a fight and believe it or not Zoroa aint even a LEGENDARY. The transformations were funny just like Pu'ar and Oolong from Dragon Ball. I remember when Bulma got pissed cause Oolong transformed into her and "had fun" with her body but Dawn/Hikari put that shit to a stop before it went any further. A Yokai Pokemon that was awesome.

Then why the heck is "Zoroark" "Zoroark" shouldnt it be "Zoruark" if thats the case?

No

Oh well, the movie was great

Karl's Bronzor was powerful for such a small guy

tafraid.png

I liked the movie, it sucks though that CN cut out the first 10 minutes of the film, that was unexpected, but I liked zorua and zoroark, zorua was cute and funny, and zoroark was strong and sounded vicious, I can't wait to have them both in white

I thought the purple haired girl would've done more with a design like that. And the reporter she shouldve done more,"Sorry Kodai for Double Crossing you, it's just that paycheck, forget about it." she made me laugh though. Glad Zoroa was able to put up a fight and believe it or not Zoroa aint even a LEGENDARY. The transformations were funny just like Pu'ar and Oolong from Dragon Ball. I remember when Bulma got pissed cause Oolong transformed into her and "had fun" with her body but Dawn/Hikari put that shit to a stop before it went any further. A Yokai Pokemon that was awesome.

though hate to say but proof = SE pichu both were add to their movie cause of shoko, that the only reason

but yeah proof should done more but she was only add for shoko

"Sorry Kodai for Double Crossing you, it's just that paycheck, forget about it." she made me laugh though.

I thought the line was "Sorry for double-crossing you, Kodai! That last paycheck? Forget about it."

Just watch it, I hate they cut the beginning, but I still understood it.

One of my favorite Pokemon Movies to be honest. Zorua was cute and tried her hardest, but her mother (yes, I honesly do say she's her mother, I've seen people call their mothers that a lot) is defiently up there, she did her absolute best and kicked but, I loved it when she got the 'last laugh' on Kodai.

Speaking of Kodai, I agree full on with those who said he was the most sadistic villain yet. Even J is better than this monster. When she fails, she runs off, when the Iron Masked Marauder failed, he tried to flee. When Kodai fails, he tries to MURDER a mother and daughter Pokemon right as they're being reunited. What makes it worse is he actually DOES kill Zoroark, yeah, she came back, but he actually killed her! He's the only Pokemon Anime villain to actually succeed in intentionally murdering a Pokemon, the other times were accidental, he had every intent to kill both of them.

Also, to make him even worse, when he tells Ash 'no one will ever know what I did today', guess what that means? It means he intended to murder Ash when he was done, given his character, that's something that seems completely in character for him to do!

I will say this now, seeing Kodai's downfall made me EXTREMELY happy.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom