• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M13: Zoroark: Master of Illusions

Just watch it, I hate they cut the beginning, but I still understood it.

One of my favorite Pokemon Movies to be honest. Zorua was cute and tried her hardest, but her mother (yes, I honesly do say she's her mother, I've seen people call their mothers that a lot) is defiently up there, she did her absolute best and kicked but, I loved it when she got the 'last laugh' on Kodai.

Speaking of Kodai, I agree full on with those who said he was the most sadistic villain yet. Even J is better than this monster. When she fails, she runs off, when the Iron Masked Marauder failed, he tried to flee. When Kodai fails, he tries to MURDER a mother and daughter Pokemon right as they're being reunited. What makes it worse is he actually DOES kill Zoroark, yeah, she came back, but he actually killed her! He's the only Pokemon Anime villain to actually succeed in intentionally murdering a Pokemon, the other times were accidental, he had every intent to kill both of them.

Also, to make him even worse, when he tells Ash 'no one will ever know what I did today', guess what that means? It means he intended to murder Ash when he was done, given his character, that's something that seems completely in character for him to do!

I will say this now, seeing Kodai's downfall made me EXTREMELY happy.

THIS! Quoted for the win!

Thanks.

Also, apparently this is something added. When Zorua is being shocked by Kodai, he says "I guess there's no more time left for me." From what I've read, this was added and in my mind, makes the scene even SADDER, because he said that he's going to DIE...*cries*

Yet another reason I consider Kodai pure evil.

It was an ok movie, not one of my favorites it had some cute moments such as the ending for one thing, that part was my favorite. I loved seeing it transform into Ash, twice the Ash awesome. I also liked seeing him act like a Pokemon, cute ^^ Ok moive though, I'm more so excited for the Best Wishes movie cuz it seems like Ash plays centure role again.

CN used "Cut"

The fandom gets angry

Its super effective!

Fandom use Outrage

The fandom get's confused after 2 hours of complaining!

tcpi uses i don't care were making money of this!!

its super effective!!

I honestly didn't think this movie was as good as the last one or other previous Pokemon movies, but it's still a good movie as they all are. XD

Just watch it, I hate they cut the beginning, but I still understood it.

One of my favorite Pokemon Movies to be honest. Zorua was cute and tried her hardest, but her mother (yes, I honesly do say she's her mother, I've seen people call their mothers that a lot) is defiently up there, she did her absolute best and kicked but, I loved it when she got the 'last laugh' on Kodai.

Speaking of Kodai, I agree full on with those who said he was the most sadistic villain yet. Even J is better than this monster. When she fails, she runs off, when the Iron Masked Marauder failed, he tried to flee. When Kodai fails, he tries to MURDER a mother and daughter Pokemon right as they're being reunited. What makes it worse is he actually DOES kill Zoroark, yeah, she came back, but he actually killed her! He's the only Pokemon Anime villain to actually succeed in intentionally murdering a Pokemon, the other times were accidental, he had every intent to kill both of them.

Also, to make him even worse, when he tells Ash 'no one will ever know what I did today', guess what that means? It means he intended to murder Ash when he was done, given his character, that's something that seems completely in character for him to do!

I will say this now, seeing Kodai's downfall made me EXTREMELY happy.

Zorua is a boy. I didnt see a thing in this movie that made me think they were related besides evolutionary family and Mema and theyre love and bond. I just thought they were really close friends.

Did anybody hear "Ice Cream Syndrome" I heard thats suppose to be the theme of this movie.

Zorua is a boy. I didnt see a thing in this movie that made me think they were related besides evolutionary family and Mema and theyre love and bond. I just thought they were really close friends.

Did anybody hear "Ice Cream Syndrome" I heard thats suppose to be the theme of this movie.

JAPANESE ENDING THEME

The English version probably got replaced by some other song

I thought it was a pretty good movie! I did not see the movie in Japanese, and while I admit some of the plot themes came out of nowhere without the intro, it did not break the movie and everything still made sense in the end. The ending was great, but to me it felt surprisingly cut short as TR floated downstream...and that was it. I didn't expect that.

Quick Q: In the Japanese version after the title screen, did the Narrator mention that Ash, Dawn, and Brock were headed to Crown City for the Pokemon Baccer thing?

Edit. Nvm.

Last edited:
i went to the tour as from what i reading here yes it been cut the theatical verision was the whole movie and the credits btw the credit song is called i believe in you it pretty good

Ignoring the repetitive song title (seriously xD), is it any good? Though bet we won't get to hear it until the DVD comes out, and that could take months...Arceus movie DVD...yeah.

Ignoring the repetitive song title (seriously xD), is it any good? Though bet we won't get to hear it until the DVD comes out, and that could take months...Arceus movie DVD...yeah)

i think they cut it out due to being some strong japanease characters in the start'' which tcpi prob didn't want to edit over so they cut over the bit

I thought this movie was, "Just alright," when I first saw it, I guess I will stick to it.

Not sure why they didn't have Dawn or Brock play a bigger role in their last movie. They made sure the last AG movie centered around May.

I guess the writers really lost interest in Dawn in the latter half of DP, and they could have had Brock finally get a big role for once.

I guess any hope of Brock starring in a movie ended with this one.

i went to the tour as from what i reading here yes it been cut the theatical verision was the whole movie and the credits btw the credit song is called i believe in you it pretty good

Glad to hear that the missing scenes are in the theatrical version. I guess that means that they'll most likely be on the DVD.

Not sure why they didn't have Dawn or Brock play a bigger role in their last movie. They made sure the last AG movie centered around May.

Cos Brock was so damned boring, he did NOTHING!

I guess the writers really lost interest in Dawn in the latter half of DP, and they could have had Brock finally get a big role for once.

I guess any hope of Brock starring in a movie ended with this one.

They only seemed to lose interest in Dawn after the Grand Festival, since then, she's just been tagging around Ash too, heck Piplup was featured more in the final episode than Dawn.

Oh and Brock is the most boring character they've ever had, he never had a chance of getting a movie around him because that would have been the most boring movie ever. His character went nowhere, he is the same Brock from Episode 3, but has changed his dream slightly from Breeder to Doctor, OH MY GOD, what a journey that is, 13 years and all you've done is changed your mind about what you want to be when your older.

It's a shame they missed out the beginning as there was a scene at the beginning when the twerps were watching the Baccer tournament that I really wanted to see. And the ending credits with the pictures of all the main characters would have been nice too. But hopefully when/if it premiers over here in England they would have kept everything in. All the other movies I've recorded from my TV have kept everything intact (the endings for example).

I haven't finished watching this but Brock's nervous moment before and then when he said 'I really love my twin brother but sometimes he'll just come out and say craziest things' made me laugh so much! LOL

So... Zorua calls Zoroark "Mamee" ? Did they ever explain why it calls it so? Did they say Zoroark is just Zorua's "friend" like they did in Japanese?
I'm seriously annoyed at this playing around to avoid clearly saying Zoroark is its mother
Now I don't know if I should tell the Hebrew dub director to treat Zoroark as a male or female... I want to say female, but I can't tell her that if there's no proof of it really being female... maybe I should tell them to explain TPCI or whoever check the terms and so on that in Hebrew we don't have "it" and that they'll decide if we should treat it as a male or female... (now I'm also starting to wonder what will be later on with Meloetta which is "genderless" despite obviously being a female - I bet anything it'll have a female voice if it'll speak human in its probable BW movie appearance)
I still dream of translating these upcoming season/movie here... but I know that won't happen :( oh well, hopefully they'll at least let me fix their badly translated list of terms...
At least with Pokémon I can always hope for next season XD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom