• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M14: Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom ・ Victini and the White Hero: Reshiram

Team Rocket said:
You mean Best Wishes in-character, right?

They don't act like the boring automatons we see most of the time in Best Wishes!

And well, what DO you see them doing in the movie?

All they really do is stalk Satoshi and his friends. They say they'll get Victini, but they don't lift a finger toward actually achieving this goal.

I'd say they only got about three to five minutes screentime in the whole thing.

Hmm. Can you compare his voice to someone else so I can get a general idea of what he sounds like?

Not really. He's just really, really bad at sounding like a real person. Now he *does* get better as the movie progresses, but the first few scenes are really hard to sit through.

He's as bad as Sheena's voice actor in the Arceus movie.

I'm just glad we don't have to put up with months and months of ridiculous speculation based on three seconds of footage. Remember the whole "Lugia will fight Hou'ou, it will be epic, Satoshi's story is finally ending!" nonsense we got with the teaser for what ended up being the Zorro'ark movie?
And yet the teaser that was shown a year ago gave us an accurate impression about the three movie stars; it didn't hide anything in that regard. In fact, it was the December teaser that was misleading in that Reshiram was missing.

Just saw the Reshiram movie. I'm typing this on my phone, so I won't go into too much detail now. Bur basically,

- Nobody dies.
- There's no "let's let out all our pokemon"-type scene. In fact, the only pokemon we see from the main cast are Pikachu, Zurug, Pokabu, Mijumaru, Kibago, Emonga, Doryuuzu, and Yanapp. And most of
*those* are only seen during the opening theme.
- The Rocket trio does absolutely jack shit in this movie. Like, even less than usual. At least they're in-character.
- Dread's voice actor is awful.
- Proof makes a cameo during the end credits.

I'll post more random thoughts later.
we already knew that Ash WILL NEVER DIE but how about the KING :'((((

so the movie was not dramatic as the rumors said !! :mad:

the movie was good or not ???

Last edited:
Same with Damos and the Pichu from the Arceus movie :D

Oh! I guess maybe the Daikenki trainer is killed by Pokabu's massive Ember attack? :p Like, we see flames engulf Daikenki, and it's assumed its trainer is standing right behind it, but once the attack is finished we don't see any more shots of Daikenki's trainer. I kind of laughed to myself then.

Also, the mother with a blue apron and her orange haired daughter appear twice in this movie.

As was the Pichu in the Arceus movie :p

Oh! I guess maybe the Daikenki trainer is killed by Pokabu's massive Ember attack? :p Like, we see flames engulf Daikenki, and it's assumed its trainer is standing right behind it, but once the attack is finished we don't see any more shots of Daikenki's trainer. I kind of laughed to myself then.

Also, the mother with a blue apron and her orange haired daughter appear twice in this movie.

Ok, it's official.

That is no longer just a simple reusing of character designs.

They're doing that as an Easter egg.

What the hell is up with this show and people wanting characters to die in a kids movie?

Same with Damos and the Pichu from the Arceus movie :D

so the movie is not dramatic :mad: is it as bad as the 13th movie ??

Movie_14_Zekrom_manga_JP_cover.png

The cover for the manga's first volume is out....

Seems nice.

What the hell is up with this show and people wanting characters to die in a kids movie?

Oh it happen's in other kid show's too, Digimon/Yugioh?? Kid's know about death too, people die every day including family member's every now and than sad as it may be. Try One Piece, that has all kind's of sad death's in it, though it's really not a kid's show.

Nice cover, thank's for posting that Homu Homu.

One Piece is quite possibly the worst example you could bring up for a show that deals with death since hardly anybody ever dies on that show. I remember being shocked at the big death that happened last year because Oda *finally* offed somebody on-screen that wasn't a part of some flashback.

Homu Homu... said:
The cover for the manga's first volume is out....

Oddly enough, the gift shop at the theater were selling those even though they're not supposed to go on sale until the 30th. I foolishly decided not to pick it up, figuring I could pick it up at the book store I had planned to go to later in the day, but it didn't have it. I wonder if the movie theaters have some kind of special deal where they get first dibs on this type of merchandise?

Were Team Rocket with the white or with the black uniforms? Or were they with those disguises from the manga?

Oh it happen's in other kid show's too, Digimon/Yugioh?? Kid's know about death too, people die every day including family member's every now and than sad as it may be. Try One Piece, that has all kind's of sad death's in it, though it's really not a kid's show.

Nice cover, thank's for posting that Homu Homu.
One Piece is a kids show and no you can't compare those to Pokemon because there not being written for an international audience. I watched One Piece a lot when it was on TV and barely anyone died by the way, not just in that atrocious 4kids bullshit dub :p

Just saw the Reshiram movie. I'm typing this on my phone, so I won't go into too much detail now. Bur basically,

- Nobody dies.
- There's no "let's let out all our pokemon"-type scene...

Can't say I'm surprised, given that Satoshi's team is changing almost constantly between episodes. Although I hate the fact that the writers have seemingly gone back to their "Let's barely show anyone's Pokémon during the film" mentality they had between the Celebi and Jirachi movies. Say what you like about the Darkrai film, at least it involved all the Pokémon belonging to main characters.

- Proof makes a cameo during the end credits.

Was she still wearing her Coil inspired outfit that she had during the last film (guess Pokémon Baccer made it to Isshu).

Was she still wearing her Coil inspired outfit that she had during the last film (guess Pokémon Baccer made it to Isshu).

i guss she still wearing that outfite as they not changing one character look for few seconds of credited but who know since we had no idea she appear in the credit at all

what was proof/peg doing anyway?

One Piece is a kids show and no you can't compare those to Pokemon because there not being written for an international audience. I watched One Piece a lot when it was on TV and barely anyone died by the way, not just in that atrocious 4kids bullshit dub :p

With all the blood during some fights, swear words, rudeness, I wouldn't exactly call it a kids show, 4Kids certainly made it into one.

But that's offtopic, I heard that Scraggy wasn't Ash's by someone, but I'm fairly certain it is and it defeated Hydreigon because of the Manga scans. And apparently the Pikachu/Serperior battle was fairly short, I hope it was, I don't like the snake at all.

Last edited:
But that's offtopic, I heard that Scraggy wasn't Ash's by someone, but I'm pretty sure it is and it defeated Hydreigon because of the Manga scans. And apparently the Pikachu/Serperior battle was fairly short, I hope it was, I don't like the snake at all.

Sounds like the Pikachu vs. Dodaitose battle from the Darkrai movie.

Also, I wonder if Proof's eyes have been modified for this movie. In the Zoroark film they were the classic anime eyes, but given everyone in B/W has the newer Sugimori eyes, I wonder if they've been changed.

darklord18 said:
i guss she still wearing that outfite as they not changing one character look for few seconds of credited but who know since we had no idea she appear in the credit at all

It can't take much effort to quickly change a character's clothing.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom