• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M14: Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom ・ Victini and the White Hero: Reshiram

Anyone notice that the shading on Iris's hair is more stylized? It looks good on her; I wish her hair was like that in the regular series! :)

What are the moves that the Pokemons used in the movie?

pikachu used elekiball quite often, along with the usual thunderbolt and quick attack. zekrom and reshiram used cross thunder/cross flame quite a bit, which you could tell from cross flame being a ball of fire with fires intercrossing around it, and zekrom would turn all black with blue outlines when he used cross thunder. the psychic types used lots of psychokinesis. um.... not many more pokemon were let out, and those that were didn't have specific attacks spoken outloud so i am not quite sure what got used XD

pikachu used elekiball quite often, along with the usual thunderbolt and quick attack. zekrom and reshiram used cross thunder/cross flame quite a bit, which you could tell from cross flame being a ball of fire with fires intercrossing around it, and zekrom would turn all black with blue outlines when he used cross thunder. the psychic types used lots of psychokinesis. um.... not many more pokemon were let out, and those that were didn't have specific attacks spoken outloud so i am not quite sure what got used XD
Serperior, Embor, Samurott, Golurk and Hydreigon didn't use any moves? o_O

Interestingly, the box office reports list these movies as "Victini and the Black Hero, Zekrom." I guess, according to them, the Reshiram movie is just an "alternate" version of the film (like how the Japanese dub of Harry Potter is an alternate version) and the Zekrom movie is the one that counts.

The sound track works the same way, listing most of the alternate themes used in the Reshiram movie as "Reshiram versions", while the Zekrom versions have no such label and are just treated as the normal version.

LIAR! You didn't write that! Its copy pasted from serebii.net! Offer an explanation, and don't take credit for the hard work that was put into the summary by others.

Serebii.net's summary said:
Special Thanks to Gin of Sunyshore.com for allowing us to use this summary

...dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's get back to the movie itself, rather then which reviews are where, especially as sunyshore has posted it here.

Uncut?

But what would be in the movie that would actually be worth cutting?

I assume, I could be wrong, that they are just showing the first six minutes of the movies, not six minutes of selected scenes from the movie. I am sure they were just trying to be clear.

Y'know, the more I listen to these films' soundtracks, the more I love them. I loved the other movies' soundtracks too , of course, but the soundtracks for *these* two movies is quickly working its way to the top of my list of favorite Pocket Monsters movie soundtracks.

Yep.

The kids are named Mako, Tatsuki, and Riku...
kidstr.jpg

Why weren't they in the movie like Allegra, Dai, and Maury in the Rise of Darkrai? It's a waste of character design to have them reduced to opening video battles...

These guys look far more interesting than those three were...

Mako and Leak (I'm guessing that's the romanization) should have been BW Gym Leaders. :\ But that's off-topic.
Anyway, I'm loving these designs! As the years go by it's seems as though Sugimori-san is drawing characters' irises wider to me.

The blue haired guy looks pretty cool I find it kind of funny how the girl really doesn't look like Serperior while the other two look like Emboar and Samurott.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom