• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

REVIEW: M15: Kyurem VS the Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo / PK24: Meloetta's Dazzling Recital

Reaction score
Wow, an actual Pokemon movie where some town or the planet isn't at stake... sounds like a refreshing change of pace.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Piplup said:
BTW, not like it really matters, but was the short shown before or after the movie?
Before.

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score
Speaking of which, the volume of the manga adaptation will be released on August 28th, to those who didn't know yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting movie. The short is just... wtf? It doesn't seem to make any sense, but it looks fun, and in-character Nyasu is awesome, so yay!

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
According to Cinema Today, Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Kyurem vs. The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo came in at number two at the box office. It made 75,376,100 yen over the three-day weekend.

The rest of the movie charts:

1) Brave Hearts - Umizaru
2) Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Kyurem vs. The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo
3) Amazing Spiderman

Clap Clap
Reaction score
That's a bit disappointing. I was sure they'd be #1 since the competition was so weak.

Reaction score
Usually the last movie of each generation does the worst in sales. This is only the second BW movie, so its surprising.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Well, Umizaru did come out on Friday, so it had that extra day to get more ticket sales.

Dr. Fuji?!
Reaction score
Well, Umizaru did come out on Friday, so it had that extra day to get more ticket sales.
I don't think that's a strong point since most of the tickets for the Pokémon movie were probably pre-ordered due to the Keldeo promotion. Don't they count all the pre-order sales as part of the first weekend, regardless of when the buyer chooses to view the movie (if at all)?

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Maybe? The article I linked to didn't mention pre-orders at all.

Something else to take into consideration is the fact that Umizaru had a much wider release; it was shown in 450 screens nationwide vs. Pocket Monsters' 357 screens.

70% Critical Hit Rate
Reaction score
- This movie doesn't really have any human characters in it. There's Satoshi, Dent, Iris, that Malin girl at the train station, random extras on the train / at the train station (including the Mother of Rohta), Musashi and Kojirou (see below), and...that's it.
I knew they'd be in there!
Thanks, Dogasu! Now I have to wait and get pics of them so I can post it in my thread about them. I wonder who they are, really...

King of Luxray
Reaction score
Maybe? The article I linked to didn't mention pre-orders at all.

Something else to take into consideration is the fact that Umizaru had a much wider release; it was shown in 450 screens nationwide vs. Pocket Monsters' 357 screens.
How much Y does 1 screen cost?

Melodies Of Life
Reaction score
Does this movie have an introduction song playing like the 14th movie?

Reaction score
Does the movie intro have a battle? whit Malin? what pokémon are used?

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
We just see pokemon running around a train while the opening theme plays. No battles or anything occur doing the song.

Malin is only ever shown at the train station selling lunchboxes. She has a Vanirich, but it doesn't actually do anything.