• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M15: Kyurem VS the Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo ・ PK24: Meloetta's Dazzling Recital

Wow, an actual Pokemon movie where some town or the planet isn't at stake... sounds like a refreshing change of pace.

Sounds like an interesting movie. The short is just... wtf? It doesn't seem to make any sense, but it looks fun, and in-character Nyasu is awesome, so yay!

According to Cinema Today, Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Kyurem vs. The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo came in at number two at the box office. It made 75,376,100 yen over the three-day weekend.

The rest of the movie charts:

1) Brave Hearts - Umizaru
2) Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Kyurem vs. The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo
3) Amazing Spiderman

That's a bit disappointing. I was sure they'd be #1 since the competition was so weak.

Usually the last movie of each generation does the worst in sales. This is only the second BW movie, so its surprising.

Well, Umizaru did come out on Friday, so it had that extra day to get more ticket sales.
I don't think that's a strong point since most of the tickets for the Pokémon movie were probably pre-ordered due to the Keldeo promotion. Don't they count all the pre-order sales as part of the first weekend, regardless of when the buyer chooses to view the movie (if at all)?

Maybe? The article I linked to didn't mention pre-orders at all.

Something else to take into consideration is the fact that Umizaru had a much wider release; it was shown in 450 screens nationwide vs. Pocket Monsters' 357 screens.

- This movie doesn't really have any human characters in it. There's Satoshi, Dent, Iris, that Malin girl at the train station, random extras on the train / at the train station (including the Mother of Rohta), Musashi and Kojirou (see below), and...that's it.
I knew they'd be in there!
Thanks, Dogasu! Now I have to wait and get pics of them so I can post it in my thread about them. I wonder who they are, really...

Maybe? The article I linked to didn't mention pre-orders at all.

Something else to take into consideration is the fact that Umizaru had a much wider release; it was shown in 450 screens nationwide vs. Pocket Monsters' 357 screens.

How much Y does 1 screen cost?

Does this movie have an introduction song playing like the 14th movie?

We just see pokemon running around a train while the opening theme plays. No battles or anything occur doing the song.

Malin is only ever shown at the train station selling lunchboxes. She has a Vanirich, but it doesn't actually do anything.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom