• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
All About Pokemon Figure (AAPF): Genosect confimred at Pokemon Movie 16 2013

Not that it's really a surprise, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

[video=youtube;MeFEAA4JvaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MeFEAA4JvaM[/video]

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QEcpV-cXeT0

Can you spot the Sableye?
kUpsYAN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Genosect in Movie 16

Flying disk Genesect. I dunno bout anyone, and I might be in over my head, but something screams new forme to me from the get go for Genesect. Also realized the Gene part is read like the word gene, and not Gene like genocide.

Flying disk Genesect. I dunno bout anyone, and I might be in over my head, but something screams new forme to me from the get go for Genesect. Also realized the Gene part is read like the word gene, and not Gene like genocide.
But Genesect already has alternate formes based on around discs, hasn't it?

Anyway, I would imagine that there would be a Gen VI Pokemon featured in M16, but I doubt that'll be revealed until about February 2013 when the next main series games are revealed (or maybe earlier if they're going to be released in June again, as a generation can't really start just four months after it was revealed). And that Pokemon will no doubt be the Lucario/Zoroark of the next generation.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized something - seeing as M16 will still be part of Best Wishes, and Pokemon movies are normally released in July, that means that Gen VI won't start until September just like Gen IV and V.

But Genesect already has alternate formes based on around discs, hasn't it?

Anyway, I would imagine that there would be a Gen VI Pokemon featured in M16, but I doubt that'll be revealed until about February 2013 when the next main series games are revealed (or maybe earlier if they're going to be released in June again, as a generation can't really start just four months after it was revealed). And that Pokemon will no doubt be the Lucario/Zoroark of the next generation.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized something - seeing as M16 will still be part of Best Wishes, and Pokemon movies are normally released in July, that means that Gen VI won't start until September just like Gen IV and V.

Okay first of, I'm not saying that gen 6 will start in June I mean I don't know. But what i can say is that we cant base when it will be released on past traditions as gen 5 has been breaking a lot of transitions first there was no older pokemon then sequels then we had two pokemon movies then the games releasing earlier so yeah

on topic: i have never been a pig fan of genesect i men a legendary bug pokemon (come on know) so this news does nothing for me

btw the disks dont effect his form just his moves so technically he/she/it doesn't have any forms. and id rather genosect then gene-sect the latter just sounds to weird

Last edited:
Re: Genesect in Movie 16

hopefully team rocket will play a part in this.

Well, geez. Now we have to wait half a year and a couple months to find out if there's anything else in this movie. Well at least this explains them having to put the lid off Genesect now.

Regardless of their reasoning, it's still going to be associated to this movie now. Frankly, now or later makes no difference. "Why didn't they do that for any other poke," you might ask? Admittedly, I have no answer for this. The implication is that things may not be what they appear to be. As if they're going to do an ordinary distribution of Genesect first, and then the one for this movie is something different. The only gimmick Genesect posseses so far is the cassettes, and that is given by the in game event if I remember correctly. I've heard nothing about what Genesect does in BW2, but I doubt there was anything extra or someone would've said so by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've heard nothing about what Genesect does in BW2, but I doubt there was anything extra or someone would've said so by now.
There isn't, and this point is addressed in the thread I linked to.

"Why didn't they do that for any other poke," you might ask? Admittedly, I have no answer for this.
They did it with Victini, but for a reason.

Oh, I forgot that the in game event is triggered by already having Genesect. Yeah, then the movie one has to trigger something in another game.

Well this proves Gen 6 is not coming in 2013, no way would they have the movie of the year star a current gen Pokemon:

Movie 5 starred Latios/Latias which were Hoenn Pokemon.
Movie 9 starred Manaphy, a DP Pokemon
Movie 13 had Zoaroark, a BW Pokemon.

Since Genesect is the star its obvious they're not ready to start promoting Gen 6.

Since Genesect is the star its obvious they're not ready to start promoting Gen 6.
Quite on the contrary. The fact that Genesect is being revealed now means that it will be old news by February, which is when the full title will be revealed. Obviously, a Generation VI Pokémon will be the real star.

Celebi and the legendary beasts were also featured in that movie. There is no reason why Genesect can't co-star or simply be featured in a movie with another star.

Wow, time's moving so fast for Gen V. And wasn't already revealed that the complete national dex guide would include Genesect?

the flying saucer is just his way of flying, he just bends and stores his legs and arms under the gun Genesect is a transformer theory by ~vinmoawalt on deviantART

This just further proves that Genesect's design may have been based off of those Insecticons like how Golurk was an inspiration to giant mechs in other anime.

Quite on the contrary. The fact that Genesect is being revealed now means that it will be old news by February, which is when the full title will be revealed. Obviously, a Generation VI Pokémon will be the real star.

Celebi and the legendary beasts were also featured in that movie. There is no reason why Genesect can't co-star or simply be featured in a movie with another star.

It's also possible that maybe the anime doesn't know about Gen VI for some reason, but the anime definitely doesn't mind having older pokemon star. Lucario and the mystery of Mew had mew star along side lucario, as another example.

No, if Geonosect is the star of the movie its obvious Gen 6 won't come out by September 2013. There is no need to promote an old gen Pokemon in the title if a new generation was appearing right after.

No, if Geonosect is the star of the movie its obvious Gen 6 won't come out by September 2013. There is no need to promote an old gen Pokemon in the title if a new generation was appearing right after.
We don't even know that Genesect will be in the title; Regigigas was also promoted via a teaser back in 2007 (as were Ho-Oh and Lugia two years later, despite not appearing in Movie 13 at all). Even if it is, another Pokémon will be added to the title in February and will receive most of the promotion.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees this makes me happy~ Means they'll probably be a Genesect event, so finally legit Genesect! I thing Genesect is awesome so I'll end up getting hype over this movie I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom