• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

It's about time someone showed that overgrown robot Croagunk who's boss!

Go Mewtwo!

Severely disappointed that its Mewtwo. Never liked it much to begin with, and we've already got Charizard in the Anime for the "cool Gen I return" thing.

As long as it plays heavy second fiddle (like Mew did to Lucario in Movie 8) than it might not be too bad but currently I'm not excited for this movie and am more hopeful about the Eevee short.

The number of broken tubes is probably insignificant.

Almost no one payed attention to them at first. Then we ended up with over five Genesects.

Severely disappointed that its Mewtwo. Never liked it much to begin with, and we've already got Charizard in the Anime for the "cool Gen I return" thing.

As long as it plays heavy second fiddle (like Mew did to Lucario in Movie 8) than it might not be too bad but currently I'm not excited for this movie and am more hopeful about the Eevee short.

...Honestly, I agree. Mewtwo stopped being interesting to me eons ago. Any kind of new Pokemon would have been much, much better.

Last edited:

Mew was revealed in December, while Lucario was the surprising reveal. The fact that Mewtwo is the February surprise is telling.

Zistal said:
Almost no payed attention to them at first. Then we ended up with over five Genesects.
Five Genesect. There is no reason to expect a sixth one anymore.

I knew they had to have some connection. Given Genesect's types, I always saw it as a foil to Mewtwo.

Now, please! Give us continuity! Mewtwo has two movies to call back on (even if both were effectively unwritten by the 'Mon himself)

There is no reason to expect a sixth one anymore.

I've pretty much given up seriously speculating that there will be a sixth one, but...

Never forget Keldeo's Resolute Form coming out of nowhere at the last minute, or how Kyurem's forms showed up weeks after CoroCoro unveiled Keldeo as the secret star of their movie.

I think this really good and interesting, this was something that no one was expecting at all. I mean Mewtwo coming out of nowhere maybe except the heavy merchant dice that was being Promoted and this is going to be really epic Genesect VS. Mewtwo Who Would have expected that.

I think this really good and interesting, this was something that no one was expecting at all. I mean Mewtwo coming out of nowhere maybe except the heavy merchant dice that was being Promoted and this is going to be really epic Genesect VS. Mewtwo Who Would have expected that.

Mewtwo is a Pokemon genetically modified after being cloned from a Mew by Team Rocket.

Genesect is a Pokemon revived from a fossil and genetically modified into a cyborg transformer by Team Plasma.

This movie writes itself, really.

I am in heaven, Mewtwo is coming back! :D This is going to be so damn awesome, it has been a long time since I got to spy my second favourite Pokémon in a film, hopefully Mew will make a cameo also.

Didn't the Movie 3 posters advertise Entei like a real Entei, even though it was only an illusion created by the Unown?

It was a real Entei, not an illusion. It was created by Unown's mysterious powers.

I think it's important to remind everyone that the Myuu in the Lucario movie was not the same Myuu from the first movie. As incredibly improbable as it is that this Myuutwo isn't the same one from the first movie, it's not impossible.

Its probably not the same Mewtwo if it doesn't have a cloak.

People are overhyping themselves, this is the same way people thought there was only one Deoxys or only one Genosect.

Its probably not the same Mewtwo if it doesn't have a cloak.
It only appeared with the cape in the very end of Mewtwo Returns and some of the Pokémon World segments. It uses the cape to cloak itself, so it would be silly if it continued to carry the cape after its "revival".

But do go on. You are not being inconsistent at all.

I think it's important to remind everyone that the Myuu in the Lucario movie was not the same Myuu from the first movie. As incredibly improbable as it is that this Myuutwo isn't the same one from the first movie, it's not impossible.

Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon kinda proves the point. Hell, the guy who mass produced cyborg Pokémon might also create another Mewtwo as a back up plan.

I so hope they find a way to bring back Mewtwo's Armor from Movie 1 so he can fight against Genesect in it. :)
Of course, I'm guessing in the end Mewtwo and Genesect will become allies to deal with a larger threat or something, given how Pokemon works. I doubt they'll have either one of them come out as the undisputed victor.

Also, PLEASE put Mewtwo and Genesect in the next Smash Brothers Nintendo.

Man, Mewtwo returning? Thats one of the best news I've heard to this date, I hope we get flashbacks of the special and movie or they at least get talked about. Either way, this should be fun and I'm dying to see it now.

I so hope they find a way to bring back Mewtwo's Armor from Movie 1 so he can fight against Genesect in it. :)

That'll only make sense if they change the way it actually works. The armor was originally intended to suppress Mewtwo's powers and make it easier to control, so it would just hinder it in an actual fight.

Not that I don't think that would look awesomely cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom