• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

First two aren't anything interesting, and the last one isn't about the movie.

Cool Stuff right now the information is new to me and looks like this is going to be good.

Also, let's hope that Mewtwo doesn't press the Reset Button of the Gods again... :uhoh:

Eeew. Mewtwo's gone BW too...his new eyes make him look far less intimidating, although that's probably more so because of bland stock art they're using.

It wasn't anything interesting, so I doubt anyone saved the file.

Ah OK. I can see the second one now for.. some reason? You're right. The Mewtwo on that looks like new art, though..

Also I just realised that somebody's mattress is the background.

Could be a new capture for Cilan given he hasn't caught anything in a long time.

Hoenn remakes, obviously.

(What? Someone had to make the joke.)

Sableye could evolve in Generation VI regardless of any remakes.

Out of all the pokemon to show up sableye is by far one of the pokemon i would least expect. (This is one badly written sentence right here o.o).

Sableye, eh? It's hovering near Ash so it's most likely an Ash capture if Ash catches anything. Yeeeeeeees and Noooooooooo, it'll probably evolve into a Gen VI Pokemon but he has enough neglected captures as it is. But still it's a cool ghost we haven't seen much of and I wouldn't mind him with a Ghost and Pokemon with zero weaknesses. Probably the Aipom of this generation.

Notice we got Pikachu, Pignite, Snivy, Oshawott, Charizard, and there's one more spot for a sixth member which is probably Sableye(Even though Scraggy would make more sense given his marketability on the team, got shafted for Sableye it seems)....If it's as entertaining as Aipom I'll love it.

Really? Pansage again Cilan? His lack of marketable or popular Pokemon is bothersome if they have to resort to Pansage every time for big events.

Uhm, could someone host the poster in another site? I was sleeping, and the link is now broken. :T

I like the new poster, indeed. Mewtwo looks really good in it. However, I admit that as many of you, what it really calls my attention is the Sableye. Honestly, I really hope this will be a new capture for Ash, not Cilan as some have said. There's many reasons for me to believe to be a new capture for Ash, so I will explain them to you:

1º) Some of you think of this as a repetition of Ash's Aipom, which I admit it can happen. I mean, which other reason to make a main character to capture an old Pokemon that to introduce a new evolution or pre-evolution in some chases? I think Cilan and Iris will stay with Ash for the next generation's adventure, but yet, I want Ash to be the one who captures the Sableye.

2º) Ash's capturing a Sableye won't be comparable just with Ash's Aipom, but also with Brock's Sudowoodo. You see, when the original trio (Ash, Misty and Brock) were traveling through the Johto's region, I always thought that Sudowoodo was a potential good capture for Brock's team; mainly because it's a rare Rock type and his family have a Pokemon Gym about Rock types. So, I was really disappointed when Brock didn't capture a Sudowoodo back in the episode "Type Casting". Several years later, however, Brock finally got this Pokemon through the evolution of its new introduced "pre-evolution", Bonsly. So that was really satisfactory for me.

Something similar happened back when the Hoenn's group (Ash, May, Max and Brock) were traveling through Hoenn, I always thought that Sableye was a very good capture for Ash (I'll explain the main reasons after this). You see, as his "Hoenn's team", Ash only capture 5 Pokemon (Taillow-Swellow, Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal and Snorunt-Glalie). It was a good team, but I always thought that Ash should have captured 6 Pokemon to have a full "Hoenn's Pokemon team". Pikachu's position as Ash's sixth and "permament" Pokemon in his team was a problem to capture 6 Hoenn's Pokemon, but not if we consider that the link between Kanto and Hoenn was working back then. If you remember, while they were still in Hoenn (episode "Hokey PokeBalls"), Ash could call his Bulbasaur from Oak's Laboratory so it could play with May's new Bulbasaur. Sadly, he has to send it back in the same episode when the Pokemon in Oak's Lab started to fight once again. Anyway, the point is, if Ash have had 6 Pokemon in that moment (counting Pikachu, Taillow, Grovyle, Corphish and his "new" Torkoal), Ash would have to send the sixth Pokemon to Oak to receive Bulbasaur. Then, repeating what it happened to Heracross in Johto, Oak keeps the sixth Pokemon for a while to study it. And the perfect sixth Pokemon that Ash could have captured in that moment was the wild Sableye Ash's befriended back in the episode "Ready, Willing and Sableye!". That episode was a perfect opportunity for Ash.

3º) The main reasons because I thought in Sableye as a good Pokemon for Ash are easy to see. First and foremost, because it was about time for Ash to finally catch a Ghost Type Pokemon, especially since the big dilemma that Ash never captured Haunter officially in Kanto. And now that I'm talking about Haunter, the second reason to see Sableye as an ideal Pokemon for Ash is because his strong resemblance to Haunter. The teeth, the spikes around the head, the claws... It makes me think about Haunter everytime I see a Sableye. Ash always capture Pokemon similar to his old ones, just like Corphish is similar to Krabby/Kingler, Leavanny has some curious resemblance to Butterfree and most of his Normal/Flying types are almost identical (Swellow and Unfezant, Pidgeot and Staraptor... etc) So, capturing a Ghost Pokemon similar to one he "almost" captured seems very appropiate for Ash. Finally, considering one of the Pokemon Gym from Hoenn's region is about Psychic Pokemon (Mossdeep Gym, with Solrock and Lunatone), a Ghost type would have been perfect for Ash in this Gym battle; especially when Psychic Pokemon are one of the most difficult types to battles, just like Ghost and Dragon types. And as a bonus, a Sableye could have been very useful to Ash in the Battle Frontier's trip; especially in the Battle Tower against Anabel's Psychic Pokemon. Don't you think?

Well, what do you think of this? Don't tell me the posibilities for Ash to capture the Sableye are not considerables. I really hope Ash will catch this Pokemon. His old friend Charizard may will return, but it's not the same as catching a new Pokemon and a new friend/partner to his team, right?

I kinda think Ash has enough Pokemon on his Unova team as it is. :/

But really, the first thing I thought of when I saw Sableye there was that it'd be acting as a supporting character in the movie on its own, like Plusle and Minun in the Deoxys movie and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom