• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

At the end of Mewtwo Returns, Mewtwo left on its own to search for the meaning of its life, and then here Mewtwo declared that it was not meant to exist like the five Genesect. So depressing.

It's nice to know that the Sableye on the movie poster is confirmed as a movie-only pokemon.
It found out that its really just a creation of man. I seriously want flashbacks of it flying to Fuji Island, reading the journals, and perhaps even going back to south america where Mew was originally found. Perhaps the Genesects can offer him a chance to see that even if man-made, he still doesn't have it as bad as Genesect does, being a Pokemon trapped in a metal body.

The "Mewtwo's crisis" appears to have been a mistranslation or someone's personal interpretation. The translated summary only says this:

"These are Pokémon never meant to live in this world... just like I am." Understanding Genesect's grief, Mewtwo confronts them.
He understands them, but he isn't confused about what's right and wrong. I see no regression from Mewtwo Returns.

It found out that its really just a creation of man. I seriously want flashbacks of it flying to Fuji Island, reading the journals, and perhaps even going back to south america where Mew was originally found.
It's a very interesting angle in potential. Mewtwo didn't know that Dr. Fuji had created him as a step toward "reviving" Amber. I don't think that Mewtwo would be ashamed of being man-made if it knew that, but it would feel incredible guilt for killing Fuji and his team.

On the other side we have Colress, who is pretty much just evil for telling Genesect that they are surrounded by enemies, not to mention apparently abandoning them (although that part might not be his fault if he gets arrested).

Last edited:

Huh, yeah, I always imagined, despite being a predator originally, literally becoming a weapon for someone else with presumably no real control over its own body probably bugged Genesect

God forbid should we see something that hasn't been done to death before.

Unless I miscomprehend this, didn't they already dealt with death before in the Pokemon movies? (Latios/Lucario)

Uh, what other Mewtwo could it be? There's only one Mewtwo.

Anyway, the new trailer made me squeal for about 5 minutes and now my mom thinks I'm insane. But whatever, it looks amazing. Was that... in-character TR?

God forbid should we see something that hasn't been done to death before.

Unless I miscomprehend this, didn't they already dealt with death before in the Pokemon movies? (Latios/Lucario)

Uh, what other Mewtwo could it be? There's only one Mewtwo.

Anyway, the new trailer made me squeal for about 5 minutes and now my mom thinks I'm insane. But whatever, it looks amazing. Was that... in-character TR?

Dont worry i think i had the same reaction except there was no one around to hear me :p. I mean (seemingly) back to old character Team Rocket , genesect blowing things up , mewtwo and a bunch of older pokemon. Whats not to love?

this movie is gonna be amazing. i just hope they dont make it as short as the movie with keldeo witch was the shortis movie they made. also glade to see mewtwo back

I wonder if Mewtwo is going to get a true ending to his story. When I read what he said, I almost teared up at the thought of him dying.
But it would be a way for him to go!

Just realized the city's called New Tork City, lol. :p

The Pokemon Hills look pretty cool. They kind of remind me of Torterra's shell, though.

I wonder if Mewtwo is going to get a true ending to his story. When I read what he said, I almost teared up at the thought of him dying.

Mewtwo killing himself would be fitting.

Mewtwo killing himself would be fitting.

It would be sad. But, it would be conclusive to his story. After every movie that he's featured in, I always go, "What's next?"

I think the quote about it not being the real Mewtwo is most interesting. Whether this is more literal in that it isn't the same Mewtwo from Strikes Back and Returns or if the question was posed my philosophically than literally is something that remains to be seen I guess.

As for Sableye being a movie-only Pokémon, I'm guessing then that it will appear and probably evolve into a new Pokémon during the course of the movie, similar to Munchlax in Destiny Deoxys (What other reason would there be for it appearing if not for XY promotion?. Also, could it possibly foreshadow one of the main characters catching one? (Like Buizel in Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea).

Huh, yeah, I always imagined, despite being a predator originally, literally becoming a weapon for someone else with presumably no real control over its own body probably bugged Genesect
> Bugged Genesect
> Buged Genesect
Oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

Josh, I'm pretty sure with ash remembering it and Mewtwo saying to Genesect that they are alike and that they don't belong in this world is a pretty good indicator that this is the same Mewtwo from Strikes Back and Returns.

The fact that Ash's stated reason for visiting New Tork City is his desire to "research" Pokémon Hills makes me wonder if he is looking for Mewtwo. He heard Mewtwo's voice from afar at the end of Mewtwo Returns, so perhaps Mewtwo will communicate with him again in one of the episodes leading up to the movie.

This movie sounds disappointing. I wanted Mewtwo to get a big role but it seems like its just going to be a peacekeeper.

Also where is Giovanni? Are they really not going to have Gio in a movie about Mewtwo? Is it too late to hope they're hiding his reveal?

I wanted Mewtwo to get a big role but it seems like its just going to be a peacekeeper.
How is that not a big role? He is still most likely going to battle Genesect if that's all you care about.

Also where is Giovanni? Are they really not going to have Gio in a movie about Mewtwo? Is it too late to hope they're hiding his reveal?
There is no need to repeat Mewtwo Returns.

The only reason people were excited for this movie was the hope that Team Rocket Vs. Team Plasma would happen using their opposing legendaries to fight each other. Giovanni could have brainwashed Mewtwo under his control until Ash found a way to snap him out of it.

No Giovanni is disappointing.

The only reason people were excited for this movie was the hope that Team Rocket Vs. Team Plasma would happen using their opposing legendaries to fight each other. Giovanni could have brainwashed Mewtwo under his control until Ash found a way to snap him out of it.

Stop speaking for everyone. I haven't seen many people thinking in that direction.

Yes because Genosect vs Mewtwo wouldn't make people think that, especially with the continuation of Charizard being in the movie.

This movie sounds disappointing. I wanted Mewtwo to get a big role but it seems like its just going to be a peacekeeper.

I don't know how that isn't a big role. That would make sense with Mewtwo and it will still battle Gensect anyway.

The Fighting Misty said:

Since Mewtwo wiped out Giovanni's memories of his existence, then I doubt that they'll have him appear in this movie.

The Fighting Misty said:

I don't speak for everyone, but that's not why I'm excited for this movie. It sounds cool, but I'm more curious about why Mewtwo suddenly appears, if it has any connections to X/Y and seeing it battle Gensect. I'm also not sure how Giovanni could have brainwashed Mewtwo when I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo wiped his memories at the end of Mewtwo Returns and I don't really see the need to include Giovanni in this movie anyway.

Yes because Genosect vs Mewtwo wouldn't make people think that, especially with the continuation of Charizard being in the movie.
Most people have accepted that Team Plasma are probably going to get disbanded by the end of Episode N in April. Let's not forget that Giovanni's role in Movie 1 was limited to the prologue, so it is hardly surprising that the evil teams are absent from this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom