• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought my summary of the manga summary (which is apparently unreliable except for when you find it useful to support your arguments?) made this clear.
I consider it unreliable for anything regarding the backstory because even the movie website delves into that part to a greater extent. Besides, I was just trying to understand your logic.

The Red Genosect and Myuutwo leave Pokemon Hills and have a brief aerial battle during which Myuutwo gets defeated. After being unconscious for a while, Myuutwo wakes up, heads over to Pokemon Hills, "awakens," and then starts a second battle.

This transformation in-movie is obviously the character's awakening as described in the movie's title. I don't know how you could have possibly misinterpreted that.
Let's see what your page says:

Suddenly, Myuutwo bursts onto the scene asks the Red Genosect to follow it so they can talk. The Red Genosect responds by charging at Myuutwo with Extreme Speed, hitting it in the chest and sending it flying through the city. Myuutwo eventually crashes into a wall and appears to loses consciousness.

[...]

Elsewhere, Myuutwo regains consciousness. The man-made pokemon rushes back to Pokemon Hills to ask the Genosect to stop one last time, but it soon becomes obvious that they have no intention of doing so. Myuutwo closes its eyes and begins to glow until, in a flashy burst of power, it transforms into a new "awakened form"! Myuutwo explains that if it can't stop the Genosect with words, it'll have to use force instead.

Unless your synopsis is inaccurate, Mewtwo doesn't battle Genesect the first time; it tries to reason with Genesect but gets blasted away unexpectedly. After it regains consciousness, it finds Genesect again and transforms, having realized that it has no choice but to fight. My interpretation of this is that Mewtwo could have transformed to begin with, but it obviously preferred to avoid a battle. If Mewtwo regaining consciousness is its awakening, then this is a new low. Even Keldeo unlocking its Forme was a lot clearer than that; it happened when Ash told Keldeo to become more resolute, making it flash back to its mentors and realize that it had to save them. In this case, Mewtwo doesn't even try to battle Genesect before transforming.

Even if my interpretation is wrong, at the very least Mewtwo should have some on-screen moment of revelation when it loses consciousness.

Last edited:
Silktree said:
I consider it unreliable for anything regarding the backstory because even the movie website delves into that part to a greater extent.

The only thing the movie website does is namedrop the Plasma-Dan. We have no idea what sort of flashback, if any, we'll get to the pokemon's creation in the actual movie itself. For all we know that shot we got in that one episode of Episode N is all the backstory we're going to get.

Even if my interpretation is wrong, at the very least Mewtwo should have some on-screen moment of revelation when it loses consciousness.

There are a few panels where Myuutwo remembers stuff that happened earlier in the manga, but I didn't think they were significant enough to bother putting into the summary.

Besides, as I've said before, they're not going to have Myuutwo's awakening have already happened offscreen before the the events of the movie The Extreme Speed Genosect and the ***Awakening of Myuutwo*** take place. That would be stupid.

So...no information about Newtwo in CoroCoro, nor does it seem Sableye has a new evolution.

tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o8_1280.jpg

Last CoroCoro chapter.

No Shift Gear?

It seems that Mewtwo reverts to its original form to finish the battle, saving the four rebelling Genesect from their leader. But after some dialogue, Mewtwo will again switch to the new Forme and carry the red Genesect somewhere; they're probably going to look for the Genesect's home. What sort of twist is going to happen in the final 15-20 minutes? I think we can safely rule out another Forme at this point.

That seems possible. It might be to this movie what The Birth of Mewtwo was to the first movie, in a way, if this is a different Mewtwo. You know, covering its creation and the events that led it in the direction it did, and in this case covering how it gained that form change.

Wow. I suspected that they might do this since the backstory is barely explained in the movie just as was the case with Movie 1. I didn't say anything since I had been so disappointed by the general vagueness, but things are looking up now.

YamiiDenryuu said:
You know, covering its creation and the events that led it in the direction it did, and in this case covering how it gained that form change.
Or it explains how the original Mewtwo unlocked the new Forme and even the voice.

Last edited:
A backstory special, huh?

I just hope TP show's up.

If only it could explain what's up with Mewtwo's voice...

Is there anything that says how long it will be?

I just hope TP show's up.
The special is about Mewtwo rather than Genesect. Team Plasma would be out of place.

Is there anything that says how long it will be?
No, but Movie 15 will also air that day. Since Movie 15 is around 20 minutes shorter than the previous eight movies were, it is possible that the special will be around that length (which was the length of the Meloetta short). Movie 1, which shares Movie 15's length (I think it's a bit longer), recently aired on TV Tokyo and was complemented by both the Birth of Mewtwo special (10.5 minutes) and Satoshi's Journey segment (around 5).

Last edited:
Story Synopses by Dogasu Third chapter, actually.

Now left with no choice, Myuutwo grabs the Red Genosect and flies it higher and higher into the clouds. As Myuutwo and the Red Genosect approach the atmosphere, Myuutwo states that the two of them are going somewhere where they'll be alone.

So, epic showdown in space? If the second Mewtwo form rumor is true it could occur here, though I doubt it.

There will probably only be about 15 or 20 minutes left of the movie by the time they get to point. There's no way they'd be able to tie up all the loose ends of the movie and still have time left over to show off a second form change.

The current (and most likely only) Forme already seems ideal for space travel. The connection to outer space may be the reason we know little to nothing about it.

https://twitter.com/nanamaru

This guy's apparently seen the Movie at the pre-release screening, and says it's a new Mewtwo, Movie 1 Mewtwo isn't met at all, and rather than going fast (gotta go fast!), Mewtwo can actually slooooow down time (ZA WARUDO!) instead.

.....................*insert Nostalgia Critic EXPLAIN explosion*

Mewtwo can actually slooooow down time instead.

Well that wouldn't be unbelievable since in this part of the first Mewtwo trailer, it does appear to slow down time to get in front of Ash before the red Genesect does, with the Genesect visibly slowing down. So it was staring us in the face the whole time really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom