• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, yes. Even if the voice doesn't match Genesect, I still like it.

Here's the thing... everyone is complaining about the fact this is a different Mewtwo when it's supposedly impossible, but I think it's easy to explain away if you try. Think about it... Mew is one of the rarest Pokemon ever, and is also extremely unusual. Presumably, its DNA is different from other Pokemon and every attempted clone of Mew will produce a Mewtwo. Maybe it's that Mew's DNA is so unusual that it has to create a different Pokemon when stimulated, or maybe it's a safeguard against people cloning Mew. Who knows, but the idea that Mew's DNA will always produce a Mewtwo is an easy way to explain how there's now two of them.
That, and Mew's DNA creates Dittos.

But bad hypothesis aside, I already explain this in the Preview topic of the Prequel special. Mew's DNA is so over complicated, that creating a perfect copy is impossible. Mewtwo was possibly the closest thing they could create from its DNA.
Doesn't explain why one form changes and one doesn't. And it isn't just that people are bothered about - the writers didn't even try to give her a unique backstory, a reason for her form changing... or anything. Why not just use the old one then? At the very least, they should have had Satoshi react to seeing a Mewtwo as a reference to the previous one, but apparently they didn't even do that (if the Japanese comments, about there being absolutely no references to the original Mewtwo, are anything to go by).

I believe that they planned to have the original Mewtwo battle Genesect, but dropped it since the seismic disaster; they don't want to have any major battle with TR and TP especially with the monsters that they created, or it will stirred up memories of that tragic event. Now that I think about it, I don't think Team Rocket will have a major role in the upcoming generation like they do in the current one; Just the TRio goes to the Kalos region to spy on Team Flare.

Last edited:
I believe that they planned to have the original Mewtwo battle Genesect, but dropped it since the seismic disaster; they don't want to have any major battle with TR and TP especially with the monsters that they created, or it will stirred up memories of that tragic event.
This is a massive stretch. Team Rocket don't remember Mewtwo, so it could have easily been brought back without referencing them, let alone the two-parter that had nothing to do with it.

Mew's DNA is so over complicated, that creating a perfect copy is impossible. Mewtwo was possibly the closest thing they could create from its DNA.
They were clearly trying to make it stronger than Mew. It wasn't just a last resort.

Can SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME TO FIND A BLOODY PREVIEW PLEASE AND LET ME KNOW HOW THE MOVIE GOES TOMORROW SINCE I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE ANY PICTURES OR INFO UNTIL IT COMES OUT FOR THE DUB.

Dr. Mecha said:
I believe that they planned to have the original Mewtwo battle Genesect, but dropped it since the seismic disaster; they don't want to have any major battle with TR and TP especially with the monsters that they created, or it will stirred up memories of that tragic event.

But...a battle between the two is still happening. The Takashima Myuutwo is fighting Genosect inside a major city that's not unlike Hiun City, damage to buildings and all. Swapping out the Ichimura Myuutwo with the Takashima Myuutwo doesn't impact that at all.

Dr. Mecha said:

But...a battle between the two is still happening. The Takashima Myuutwo is fighting Genosect inside a major city that's not unlike Hiun City, damage to buildings and all. Swapping out the Ichimura Myuutwo with the Takashima Myuutwo doesn't impact that at all.
What i'm saying is that they have that plot planned in advanced, but have to swap out TR's Mewtwo with a different one so that it's not like TR and TP; just two experimental Pokémon battle it out. it's more like how the seismic disaster affects the Monster itself rather than the plot.

But... Mewtwo is no longer affiliated with Rocket Gang... he hasn't been affiliated with Rocket Gang in over 15 years. And what difference would it make if buildings are being destroyed anyway?

Closing, as the movie has been released and synopses of the events occuring in the movie are now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom