• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Okay I looked more closely at the scans and I'm extremely disappointed that the Genesect they're distributing isn't shiny. That's just cruel. ;w;

Well at least they're distributing it for B/W as well this time.

I missed out the Genesect here, so I thought I would make up for it with a shiny event. But if the Genesect isn't shiny to go along with the movie, that is complete Tauros crap.

EDIT: i am a liar. there are two genesects! i thought the regular turned into the shiny one at first and was baffled, but it was actually two. there you have it. and shiny one blew past ash who commented with all the information they want to give us right now, "its speed is different!!!".

Last edited:

well, in the new trailer, seems regular genesect turns shiny at will. wonder if that will stick XD

Na Gin, you missed a splitsecond overtake. It started off with normal Genesect flying in the city and then it got overtaken by Red Genesect

So what I'm guessing is, the normal Genesect is the original one. Like in the games, N put a stop to it before everything could be fully developed. But I'm guessing the red Genesect is a second, more advanced/completed one made by Plasma scientists after N left or without N knowing.

well, in the new trailer, seems regular genesect turns shiny at will. wonder if that will stick XD

Na Gin, you missed a splitsecond overtake. It started off with normal Genesect flying in the city and then it got overtaken by Red Genesect

yah i edited my comment ;u; oopsie! although i swear it seemed to start turning purple at the end too, which might have helped my perception... o_O its too early for me to see the difference between purple and red i guess.

Last edited:

The Pokémon Company posted a short 30 second preview of M16 on its YouTube channel:
[video=youtube;u-S6mTUV-9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-S6mTUV-9w[/video]

The Pokémon Company posted a short 30 second preview of M16 on its YouTube channel:

am i crazy for seeing it turning purple at the end, i feel crazy

Two Genesects ? Didn't see that coming.
Could one of them being a clone? Like a 6gen Pokemon who would be able to clone and outspeed the others Pokemon?

also, the narrator says "a 300 million year old mystery wrapped in a red veil".

Last edited:

Ugh, the Genesect look awful. I'm not holding my breath for animation like the 15th movie's.

Two Genesects ? Didn't see that coming.
Could one of them being a clone? Like a 6gen Pokemon who would be able to clone and outspeed the others Pokemon?

The shiny one was probably revived and engineered after the normal one as an enhanced super-version. It would especially be apparent if it does know Extremespeed and the other doesn't.

Who says science experiments have to stop after one try?

We have a story, too.

biggeno.jpg

The cover looks awesome.

Last edited:

We have a story, too.

The cover looks awesome.

"Genesect", a Pokemon from 300 million years ago. The mysterious "Red Genesect", different from regular Genesect, appears. Posssing super speed and boasting other strengths, it is a mythical Pokemon, but what sort of activity will it do in a big city, the symbol of modern civilization?

and-

Pikachu goes to play for the first time with many other kawaii Pokemon at the Eevee's home, "Eevee House"! Due to Meowth's mishcheif there's an uproar at the all summer Eevee House?!

Yes, I knew it! :3

Can't wait to see who discovered and resurrected this Genesect. Could it be Colress' work?

Dat CG. /Shot

Seriously though, am I the only one who heard the Transformers theme in my head when Genesect transformed?

Thinking about it, this title is incredibly weird. All the initial titles in the past decade have had some kind of hint towards another star, even if it's just an already known Pokemon (as was the case in Victini's movie). For it to just say "Extremespeed Genesect" with nothing else... Maybe this is the beginning of them no longer including hints in the first titles?

Anyone noticed how Genesect glowing at the end looks a lot similar to how Kyurem did in the early Movie 15 trailer?

[video=youtube;9phKJwah4sQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9phKJwah4sQ[/video]

After all the new forms we got in Pokemon B2W2, I really don't want any more from this generation..Is it even possible since the games are now out and no other forms were discovered?

Thinking about it, this title is incredibly weird. All the initial titles in the past decade have had some kind of hint towards another star, even if it's just an already known Pokemon (as was the case in Victini's movie). For it to just say "Extremespeed Genesect" with nothing else... Maybe this is the beginning of them no longer including hints in the first titles?

Well, there was the first D&P movie, Dialga VS Palkia... which got "VS Darkrai" added to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom